Are we pass happy? (1 Viewer)

SaintSausagehead

Old fat dude
Reaction score
Man i still love our boys and will always be a fan but i think we are becoming to pass happy.I hate to say it but i think coach is not using the run game we had no business passing at the goalline like that plus we were passing to much when we were only down by 3. Another thing why dont we change mm to ft's spot when he is getting beat like that?

Take away the picks and we score 37 points. Nothing wrong with pass happy offenses. I love it. Love the West Coast more than anything, more than the "let us establish the run early and set up the pass."

As for why we don't change CBs, I don't know...it is what it is...

Take away the picks and we score 37 points. Nothing wrong with pass happy offenses. I love it. Love the West Coast more than anything, more than the "let us establish the run early and set up the pass."

probably because as bad as thomas and craft have been, we might even have worse sitting on the bench...

Being pass-happy wasn't the problem today. We racked up over 500 yards through the air and wound up in the red zone several times.

Horrible decisions by Drew Brees was the problem today. But I don't think that's gonna be a trend.

Well take away the 4 loses and we are undefeated..... What if's don't mean much. We have had two very winable games against so-so teams. We should be at 8-2, but we are 6-4 and 1/2 game out of the division lead instead of 2 games in the lead.

I didnt say bench ft i sais put mm over on ft's side like stay with chad no matter were he lines up.I dont know if it would of been better but couldnt of been much worse

A question answered with a question.

"Are we an effective run blocking team?"

They run block well enough for 91 yard on 23 carries between 2 backs i know its easy to second guess after the fact but you got to give duece the ball when you are inside the ten

Well take away the 4 loses and we are undefeated..... What if's don't mean much. We have had two very winable games against so-so teams. We should be at 8-2, but we are 6-4 and 1/2 game out of the division lead instead of 2 games in the lead.

Exactly. And IF we ran the ball more, we don't know what happens. We may just get obvious and let the LBers crowd the box and force us into 3rd and longs. Maybe we get Deuce hurt more - he's still not 100%. What has all this pounding done for KC? Priest Holmes is gone and soon Larry Johnson will be gone. Payton's offense keeps Deuce healthy longer.

I'm not going to comment on the "why aren't we doing this" game. To the point, I comment on what I see. And what I saw was a great gameplan, great playcalling, but horrendous quarterback execution at the absolute worst time. Brees didn't check for the LB playing the hook-zone and got schooled, period. You don't just change your offensive philisophy 180 in the middle of the season, especially when you've established yourself as one of the most potent offenses in the league...

Last edited:
Absolutely! We obviously can move the ball passing, but live by the pass die by the pass. We can't forget that we have a pro-bowl running back in Duece and Reggie has been much better running the past two games. The scoreboard is the only thing that matters. The Saints win games when they run the ball and control the clock.

Well, perhaps with less passing you don't get the picks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom