are we phasing out neckties? (1 Viewer)

I'm seeing a lot more bow ties than I used to.

I can count on one hand how many times I've worn a tie the last 20 years, all weddings or funerals.

Cultural side note: back home in Yucatán, traditionally the "official" business/gala attire is the long sleeved guayabera. The business guayabera normally doesn't have embroidery, while a formal guayabera will. The guayabera is originally from Cuba, but Yucatán has pretty much appropriated it as its own. Nowadays you see more suits, but still, the guayabera still is widely used. Even the new Mexican President, as much as a douchebag as he is, wears them all the time.

I sure hope so Guido.
Like Shock I only worry them when I absolutely had to. Hated em. Much prefer the McConaughey look.

I think in general, our society has been trending toward more casual - so it makes sense that losing the tie might be part of that trend. But it certainly isn't being "phased out" in many applications, it remains very standard dress in some fields. For example, I would say the percentage of men in ties working in courtrooms across America every day is probably somewhere in the very high 90%s. It's considered disrespectful to the court to not have one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom