Are we really on the cusp of GAME WEEK??? (1 Viewer)

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yesssss!!!

El Caliente... Need ur links to rival boards.

Bill or st dude... Neeeeeed KWTPF

It's happening!!!!

Yes. It’s extremely weird.

This season has really taught me how much things like open training camps and preseason (as bad as those game were) would prepare me for the regular season.

Now we are 4 days away from the regular season opener and a week away from meaningful Saints football — and I don’t think my brain is ready for it.

It is actually surreal as it seems like this should be the 1st pre season game! It will also be interesting to see how a game goes without fans and with piped in noise! Hopefully the Saints can get back to having 20 - 30% fans at home, which would at least approximate normal years in terms of excitement in the Dome.

It is actually surreal as it seems like this should be the 1st pre season game! It will also be interesting to see how a game goes without fans and with piped in noise! Hopefully the Saints can get back to having 20 - 30% fans at home, which would at least approximate normal years in terms of excitement in the Dome.
I was thinking the same. By the start of the regular season I have generally gotten a feel of what to expect for the start of the 'real' games. But right now, without the benefit of watching preseason games, the only thing we have to go on is the preseason hype. While always wishing for the best, I have tried to prepare myself to see anything. But I would gladly trade this opening game with any of our non-divisional games just so that we can learn what adjustments are needed without costing us a possible drop in the division standings. And I hate having such an important divisional home game while we are having to play in an empty stadium.

Welcome to Mystery Theater! :covri:

Now we are 4 days away from the regular season opener and a week away from meaningful Saints football — and I don’t think my brain is ready for it.
Exactly this. Just feels like an endless summer. But real live NFL football will do plenty to change that ennui.

Has to be the latest start for the Saints in their history. 258 days into the new year before they play.

Late start, leap year, MNF

Its hard to get invested right now when I'm not expecting the season to go the distance.
I used to feel that way. I didn't want to put the emotional investment into something that's going to last 4 games.

But if this is the last time Drew laces them up, I'm in.

One last ride for Number Nine.

Lets go!

I had to use the countdown thread to figure out when the season started because I figured that if I googled it, they would start suggesting more NFL stories... For as much as I've tried to disengage from the Saints and the NFL over the years, it's kinda freaking me out that it's actually happening. #Confused

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom