Are we still in "win now" mode? (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Based on the latest news that we have heard and the statements put out by Mickie Loomis. I am not surprised by this to be honest. Any thoughts?

A very big yes. This team is still extremely talented. If Winston pops then NO along with Tampa are easily two best teams in NFC, with LAR and GB rounding out the top tier teams

We're a playoff roster, so I understand

Payton and Loomis would say we are. But something feels different this year. We don't usually go into the draft with clear holes like we have at cornerback and linebacker. Normally we would've signed someone who is "good enough" at those positions in case we don't fill them in the draft. Like your Nick Easton signing. It feels like less of an "all-in" attitude than we've had in the past few years.

Payton and Loomis would say we are. But something feels different this year. We don't usually go into the draft with clear holes like we have at cornerback and linebacker. Normally we would've signed someone who is "good enough" at those positions in case we don't fill them in the draft. Like your Nick Easton signing. It feels like less of an "all-in" attitude than we've had in the past few years.
I agree and we just narrowed out TB in the nfc south last year im not expecting to win the division this year maybe a wild card in the playoffs. Better to take some lumps right now imo, let TB have their little 1-2 year madden team then after that’s done we will have more cap room and flexibility to take over again

I agree and we just narrowed out TB in the nfc south last year im not expecting to win the division this year maybe a wild card in the playoffs. Better to take some lumps right now imo, let TB have their little 1-2 year madden team then after that’s done we will have more cap room and flexibility to take over again

That's what I'm hoping for. We have a blank slate for 2024. Let's take care of our cap. Be careful who we give long-term contracts to. Build through the draft. Find our quarterback. And go into 2023-2024 extremely strong.

Payton took this team to the NFCCG in his first season, with an overhauled roster that didn’t seem overly impressive at the start of that year. Does he really strike anybody as the kind of person who isn’t always in win-now mode?

That's what I'm hoping for. We have a blank slate for 2024. Let's take care of our cap. Be careful who we give long-term contracts to. Build through the draft. Find our quarterback. And go into 2023-2024 extremely strong.
Yeah one of these seasons we have to kind of eat the bullet for all the last few years of being “all in” May as well be this one imo. Then even 2022-23 I feel like could be that bounce back season. We will see though the next couple of weeks will really tell if the team feels like they’re true SB contenders or not by the moves they make imo

Yeah one of these seasons we have to kind of eat the bullet for all the last few years of being “all in” May as well be this one imo. Then even 2022-23 I feel like could be that bounce back season. We will see though the next couple of weeks will really tell if the team feels like they’re true SB contenders or not by the moves they make imo

If we can trade for Aaron Rodgers next year, I'm all-in for next year.

We absolutely have a roster to compete in the Playoffs but this is about seizing the opportunity.

We've had our eye on players like Mahommes and lost him because KC was aggressive and moved up from 27 to 10 to get him, one pick ahead of us. Missing out on Mahommes because another team was more aggressive than we were is blasphemy to Payton.

He wants to unleash an updated Offense on the league, that's aggressive and forces defenders to cover every inch of the field and makes them pay with a deep strike if they take 1 step in the wrong direction.

If we move up to 8-10 to grab our QB, we'll likely hear that he was the highest ranked QB on our board and a top 2 or 3 player in the draft. Moving up to 8-10 to get him is an easy decision.

With Drew gone, we want to make a bold move. Just my BS opinion and based on basically no facts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom