Are we this bad or is Sean Payton simply not showing his cards in Preseason? (1 Viewer)

Just wait till next Sunday. That game will lay the foundation for the rest of the season. If we lose, the season is over. If we win, we will have a winning season and may make the playoffs

One loss and the season's over?

Many coaches, former and current, have always expressed a guarded approach to us fans regarding preseason games. The "bad" isn't as bad as it really looks and the "good" isn't as good as it really looks. Or something along those line. Kinda paraphrasing. I personally have disdain for these games. I know they have to be played but the league really should call them for what they are, glorified scrimmages.

No one really knows what to expect come Sunday the 11th. We'll see what happens when the sparks really start to fly. Count me in as one of those who thinks the team will be alright. We'll have the OL straightened out and I think the team will be ready to play. Gotta have faith.

Me...I don"t know. I do know this, I"m ready to watch some real football instead of scrimmages.

If we can pull off a winning record with 35 million in dead money. I'll be super excited for next year.

I didn't see anybody address this, but unlike their opponents so far, the Saints reportedly have implemented significant changes from last year, particular on the OL, as well as on D. The defense got a headstart when DA took over as coordinator, but he couldn't do too much midseason. My point is that the teams we played so far were very well established in their schemes, so it wouldn't be surprising for those opponents to be further along and the Saints to be still "thinking" a little too much at first, especially the young guys. Let's just hope they do some catching up, and fast, especially when the bullets fly for real.

Saints will come out balling this year. Coach is showing he wants to win. He has made some good moves to improve, a little tweaking and we will be tough to beat.

I feel like someone says this every year. I feel like the years we have been good we had that sense in preseason. 0-9 in preseason games is usually some sort of indication of the coming season.

Look, I pretty much am a glass half full type of guy, but I get the feeling this is going to be a LONG season. If we come out and lay an egg vs. Oakland, say 31-17 and look bad. then I don't think it's going to be pretty at all.

I want to know when you are optimistic. I haven't seen it in the last few months.

I'm usually a glass half full type of guy, but I'm really struggling to stay optimistic for the season. It's weird that almost the entire fan base feels like the outcome of our season will be determined in the 1st game... But I can't help but feel it too.

We won't go winless in the regular season, but we also won't make the playoffs unless we're in the worst division in football, which actually may happen.

Our offensive line is bad. Brees will be running for his life on a regular basis. No protection for a HOF qb with a less than average run game and less than average defense is NOT A WINNING FORMULA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom