Are we this bad or is Sean Payton simply not showing his cards in Preseason? (1 Viewer)

Ummmmm Brady played last night. Yeah I know he's suspended the first 4 games
but you were still risking a season ending injury by playing him too.

Completely different. The rest of the starters didn't play with him. He was clearly playing because of what you just said -- he is suspended the first 4 games.

Drew Brees and the rest of the offense aren't suspended. They are probably so deflated in the locker room that Payton thought they needed to beat up on backups to give them some confidence before this season goes full dumpster-fire.

Look, I pretty much am a glass half full type of guy, but I get the feeling this is going to be a LONG season. If we come out and lay an egg vs. Oakland, say 31-17 and look bad. then I don't think it's going to be pretty at all.

Every team in the NFL, sees and attacks weakness. Ask yourself, "After what I've seen so far, where....."?

I still believe they should have dedicated the draft to two positions, or areas of greatest need. OL & DL. The higher your time of possession the more,...good stuff tends to happen. Flip the coin over and look at the DL....Pressure and containment are 80% of where great D begins. QB's have had all day in the pre-season, Sure, it will be better when Rankins returns....

We must be able to stop the run. We need 3 and outs on opening drives from the D. / Weakness?... or Strength?

Personally?... i think our OLine is going to be exploited on every single down this year. Ask yourself about scouring the waiver wire for cast-off OLineman...Now compare that with 2009....

"I don't think it's going to be pretty at all"

Agreed

I didn't get to watch. What was his look?

What did it look like?
This...

9RTTxA0n4vIkg.gif

As for Payton's face, Bill Belichick gives that face a lot too.

I don't think so

This...

I don't think so

Let's give the video a little context. It came after the Ravens offense completed a pass to the 9 yard line against the Saints defense which was rookies and 3rd stringers. He's clearly watching the replay while listening to someone through his headset.

Most of the 11 defensive players that were on the field have been cut. Do you really think that Payton was counting on those 11 guys carrying the team to a successful season? That's what you'd have to believe to think his reaction was him realizing the season is lost. Payton is a perfectionist who is disappointed by less than perfect execution from any player on every play. His reaction was simply dissatisfaction with the previous play. It was in no way an indication of what he thinks about the entire season.

Did you not see Belichick and Brady's look on the sideline in the 4th quarter of the Saints game in 2009? That was similar to this and Belichick was not projecting toward the rest of the season. He was just reacting to the game at hand, just like Payton was here.

Let's give the video a little context. It came after the Ravens offense completed a pass to the 9 yard line against the Saints defense which was rookies and 3rd stringers. He's clearly watching the replay while listening to someone through his headset.

Most of the 11 defensive players that were on the field have been cut. Do you really think that Payton was counting on those 11 guys carrying the team to a successful season? That's what you'd have to believe to think his reaction was him realizing the season is lost. Payton is a perfectionist who is disappointed by less than perfect execution from any player on every play. His reaction was simply dissatisfaction with the previous play. It was in no way an indication of what he thinks about the entire season.

Did you not see Belichick and Brady's look on the sideline in the 4th quarter of the Saints game in 2009? That was similar to this and Belichick was not projecting toward the rest of the season. He was just reacting to the game at hand, just like Payton was here.

Concur and well said.

Don't worry - SP has this.

He'll either PASS EVEN MORE or Get even CUTER with the play calls.

But, hey, he does know the value of having a Strong Running Game and a Strong Defense...

(After all, he's been *saying* that since 2006.)

Yeah, he has no idea what he's doing. He's never going to put up a top five offense. Dude is clueless when it comes to calling a game a succeeding on offense.

I harken back to the days of blowing teams away as if they weren’t even in the same League as us~! Remember that classic sick look on Belichek’s and Brady’s faces as they stood shoulder to shoulder with more than 5 mins left in the game and just didn’t have an answer and we had McKenzie and another good CB who came in off of the street , from the couch to the action of playing the Pats and we smoked ‘em so badly they had no answer for us on offense of defense. That’s the game our LSU alum got so far behind the DB he could have done the backstroke into the end zone to quote Jim. McKenzie came in and started laying wood on everyone who touched the ball~! That year was amazing with The Saints winning by double digits all year long it seemed. We held a huge parade with feelings so high you just wouldn’t have believed it had you not seen it. The SAINTS, OUR SAINTS kicking The League’s behind all over the place and nothing they could do about it@=! If we could do it then, we can do it now. It just rolls around and comes a season which is mystical where WR’s come open beyond belief and RB’s make moves as if they can see into the future and NO ONE can predict it nor know it’s coming. It just comes together and players rise up and can’t be dealt with by oppositions. If it could be predicted I’m going to predict it right now and say everyone from Willie Snead to Cooks to Coleman to ALL of our DBs are going to be Sharper-esque at having a “feel” for where the ball is going and it’d going to be their’s for the picking off~! Our Offense is going to reel of play after play of success and the Defense will be impenetrable for the oppositions; We’re going to play as we did against N.E. in ’09 against all teams we face and it’s going to be FUN again~! Mark Ingram will EXPLODE the Vike’s Peterson’s records and Cam Newton will be on the ground during the games against us more than during stretches during warmups. This is how I feel about this season and it’s just a feeling I have since we’ve been building our defense since drafting the young LB’er from Texas. This TEAM this YEAR will feel how it feels when it all comes together. PEACE, OUT~!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom