Are we this bad or is Sean Payton simply not showing his cards in Preseason? (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Do you think we are this bad are could we be good and Payton just is not going to show you his cards in Preseason? I think it is possible the Sean simply was being cautious during this preseason but then again our O-line looked pretty weak. I'm praying this will work out. Like Bobby and Deke said last night just "Pray". I'm praying that we are just a little rusty and Payton not showing his weapons yet.

Go Saints!

Who Dat!

Look, I pretty much am a glass half full type of guy, but I get the feeling this is going to be a LONG season. If we come out and lay an egg vs. Oakland, say 31-17 and look bad. then I don't think it's going to be pretty at all.

If you look at Payton's face with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter, that'll tell you everything you need to know :mwink:

Not showing his cards? He put Drew in on the 1st series of the 4th Preseason game so he could see them show some improvement.

He called Brandon Coleman Pedestrian

Said he was concerned about the PassRush and traded for a DE and signed Krueger

Talked about wanting to get wins in the preseason to gain some momentum.

Nah...I think there is cause for concern but it's a young team that will again grow as the season goes and have a chance to get better and dangerous down the road. Game planning will help so it's not all dire

We have to be this bad, there is no other explanation for HOF QB Drew Brees at age 37 to be taking snaps in the 4th preseason game.

the first 4 games will tell the tale of the season. If history is any indication, if they go 3-1, things will look good. If they go 0-4, 1-3, things will be like the past 2 seasons. Since 2006 the saints have not been to the playoffs if they finish 2-2 or worse in the first 4 games

The problem with this kind of argument is nobody is really showing their cards in preseason. It's not like everyone we played game planned and played their starters against our backups, while we were the only ones who didn't game plan and took our starters out earlier. We got whipped whether our starters were in or out, and nobody did anything special to prepare for us. That is concerning.

Do you think we are this bad are could we be good and Payton just is not going to show you his cards in Preseason? I think it is possible the Sean simply was being cautious during this preseason but then again our O-line looked pretty weak. I'm praying this will work out. Like Bobby and Deke said last night just "Pray". I'm praying that we are just a little rusty and Payton not showing his weapons yet.

Go Saints!

Who Dat!

I think you can't hide bad OL and DL play. Doesn't matter what play is called or not called. At the same time, Cam Jordan has had limited snaps in preseason games.

Look, I pretty much am a glass half full type of guy....

giphy.gif

The problem with this kind of argument is nobody is really showing their cards in preseason. It's not like everyone we played game planned and played their starters against our backups, while we were the only ones who didn't game plan and took our starters out earlier. We got whipped whether our starters were in or out, and nobody did anything special to prepare for us. That is concerning.

Some truth, but every team is also different.

A team that plays Tampa 2 mostly is showing their cards in their base defense. A team (like us) that will probably blitz 35% of snaps is going to look worse playing base all the time.

A ground and pound team will probably look better vs. a rhythm offense that needs snaps to get going.

I think you can't hide bad OL and DL play. Doesn't matter what play is called or not called. At the same time, Cam Jordan has had limited snaps in preseason games.

I haven't seen bad DL play.

They were really good in the 1st two games, struggled in game 3, and looked very good again last night.

We are a young team. Very inexperienced. We have holes that we couldn't fill this offseason. Next year will be better because we will have more money to use to help fill those wholes with quality players. We have had, to me, two successful drafts in a row finding some good talent but it is going to take time for these guys to get it together. I am just gonna sit back and enjoy watching the Saints play for the next 16 games at least.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom