Are you a Democrat, a Republican or a Southerner? (1 Viewer)

Ahh, Mr. Paul Caruso, once the sole resident on my ignore list. I remember him well. I thought he just got tired and moved on, but I see he got the banishment at some point along his journey of spreading the love the world over.

Ahh, Mr. Paul Caruso, once the sole resident on my ignore list. I remember him well. I thought he just got tired and moved on, but I see he got the banishment at some point along his journey of spreading the love the world over.

I don't even know how to use the ignore feature.

Huh. From the various Valentines' threads, I would've thought the Southerner part would've gone more like this.

{SHOVE} Honey, what're you...???
BANG!BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG
<reload>
BANGBANG!

Oh, shucks. How sad that my poor wife threw herself heroically in front of that terrorist, just as I drew and shot. Lo, it am a sad day for me. Wonder if Hooters is still open?

I don't even know how to use the ignore feature.

Well, it wasn't a very effective tool for me. It would actually draw my attention to his posts because it would say something like "This person is on your ignore list. Click here to see the post" or something like that. And I never could resist.

Huh. From the various Valentines' threads, I would've thought the Southerner part would've gone more like this.

{SHOVE} Honey, what're you...???
BANG!BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG
<reload>
BANGBANG!

Oh, shucks. How sad that my poor wife threw herself heroically in front of that terrorist, just as I drew and shot. Lo, it am a sad day for me. Wonder if Hooters is still open?

Dude they don't close until 10pm.

test

Yeah I wish life was so simple that firearms could solve all our problems. If you believe Islamic terrorists are around every corner with knives, then a gun is a good thing to have.
I'm not sure how much good a 357 magnum, or a dozen 357 magnums, would have done for the people in the twin towers on 9/11. What would have greatly reduced the likelihood of 9/11 ever happening would be a U.S. foreign policy that doesn't see the entire world as black/white, good guys/bad guys, Christian/Evil, etc.
It is more difficult and requires more complex thinking to appreciate the complexities of the world we live in. To ask why are there terrorists in the first place, and what part did we play in creating conditions that breed terrorism? It's so convenient to say, "They're just a bunch of wackos who hate us for our freedom." If that were the case, then firearms would solve the problem. If we don't address the root of the problem, it will only get worse. And sooner or later you'll either run out of bullets or spend so much money on bullets and guns that you can't afford more important things. And spiritually, do you think it's healthier to spend your time thinking of ways to kill your enemies, or looking for ways to make peace?

What if you are a redneck? The sounds of gunfire wake up daddy passed out on the couch. He groggily gets up, kicks a few dozen beer cans out his way to see 8 yr old jr with the double barrel a smokin' over a dead terrorist and comments, "nice shot boy, but didja hafin ta go an' shootin up mah beer can cap collections ona the wall, too? Them belonged to ya granpappy. Now clean up ya mess."

Yes of course our Republican president has done so well at capturing/killing the man responsible for the deaths of 3000+ Americans. He has managed to kill a lot of Iraqis who were of no danger to the US for what reason I am not too sure.

I am a Democrat, and I do like Littlejeans answer. I also don't carry a .40 caliber Glock. I carry a .44 magnum Ruger and if I was in that situation, I would only need one shot, no questions asked.

Can you imagine the Southern shores being attacked? That war would be over before the military even got there. They'd arrive to see miles of beaches littered with shell casings, folding lawn chairs, destroyed coolers, beer cans, various hunter orange scraps of vests, bonfire embers, chaw packages, etc., not to mention the shot up bodies of the attackers.
Willie Nelson would immediately mobilize and hold a free benefit concert to raise money to clean up the beaches and get rid of the bodies, but at a different location. Academy sports and Outdoors and Cabela's would be the main sponsors, and NASCAR would team up with Marlboro to lend further support.

But what does this have to do with the origional story ? One word : OVERKILL, southern style :)

P.s. I'd prefer a Baretta over a Glock if we're talking a 9mm here. Higher caliber, give me the Glock...and a cold can of Bud.

EDIT, scenario cited: The above was based on something I believe Jeff Foxworthy said. I cannot locate it, but I didn't make it up. Just giving credit where it's due. Y'all.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom