Are you happy with what Loomis got for Sean? (1 Viewer)

Are you happy with what Loomis got for Sean? (merged)

• Yes

Votes: 258 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 186 41.9%

• Total voters
There’s no assumptions. It was proven that the Dolphins tampered. SP did a PR tour promoting himself to teams. He even went as far as to say what the compensation would be. Dude was coaching this year. There was no going back to the booth.
Im not sure why that makes the saints trade bad. Im assuming You are saying that the saints sold themselves short for accepting the best offer because you assume Payton is worth more. I feel that the Saints got a good deal because he wasn't coaching the saints anymore so something is better than nothing. If no one offer more then what the broncos were offering then how can the saints sold themselves short. It doesnt making sense. you are not presenting better options but just saying how broncos want a coach and payton wants to coach as if they is no line in the sand where broncos say no. I'm not changing my mind. I still stand with what I said that said if the Saints denied the best offer in hopes for and it never come, then it doesn't matter what Sean Payton wants because he will not be coaching because he will still be in contract with saints. The Broncos would move on to another coach. I am assuming that if I am Sean Payton and the team is trading away multiple picks he would show concern with that job, a team needs not only coaching but talent to win. He not trying comeback to coach a dumpsterfire team.

Im not sure why that makes the saints trade bad. Im assuming You are saying that the saints sold themselves short for accepting the best offer because you assume Payton is worth more. I feel that the Saints got a good deal because he wasn't coaching the saints anymore so something is better than nothing. If no one offer more then what the broncos were offering then how can the saints sold themselves short. It doesnt making sense. you are not presenting better options but just saying how broncos want a coach and payton wants to coach as if they is no line in the sand where broncos say no. I'm not changing my mind. I still stand with what I said that said if the Saints denied the best offer in hopes for and it never come, then it doesn't matter what Sean Payton wants because he will not be coaching because he will still be in contract with saints. The Broncos would move on to another coach. I am assuming that if I am Sean Payton and the team is trading away multiple picks he would show concern with that job, a team needs not only coaching but talent to win. He not trying comeback to coach a dumpsterfire team.
I already acknowledged we got the best deal bc Denver was the only desperate team. Which means, they were the only team that needed a bonafide stud HC. That’s why many of us wanted to see more teams join in the SP sweepstakes. Out of the teams that were in the sweepstakes, Denver was the only one that truly cares about winning a SB. They are even verbal about it. Texans, Panthers, and Cardinals don’t care about winning a championship and they never express real adamant desire to win one. Yes, I strongly believe that SP is worth more than what we got. Of course he is, regardless if he isn’t actively coaching. That dude changed the history of a snake bitten franchise over night. He is worth (at minimum) what Gruden went for. Like I said, it sucks bc the only team that was desperate, was the one with the least amount of draft capital. But hey, at least we got something, although not enough, it’s still something to play with.

I don’t like giving back a third round pick, which will probably be somewhere around the #70 pick next year.

Speculation: I think if Loomis and Payton are not big buddy buddy's, we get the 1 and 2 and keep our 3’rd.

But, since we do have a buddy buddy situation, the 3’rd round give back is Loomis helping out his old buddy going forward.

Truth: I was not in the negotiating room so, I have no idea how hard it was to get what we got.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom