Are you happy with what Loomis got for Sean? (1 Viewer)

Are you happy with what Loomis got for Sean? (merged)

• Yes

Votes: 258 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 186 41.9%

• Total voters
I still remember practice 1....

Anonymous player.. who I won't name.. had hitting pads on each arm and acted as if he was flying..

He didn't make it to the next day..and at the time he was our 2nd best defender..

That Sean Payton is gone.. and DA is ruthless with no nonsense as well.. just he also can't coach offense..

What's worse is we are stringing Pete along and he can't call creative screenplays for the best back in the NFL for screenplays.

I still remember practice 1....

Anonymous player.. who I won't name.. had hitting pads on each arm and acted as if he was flying..

He didn't make it to the next day..and at the time he was our 2nd best defender..

That Sean Payton is gone.. and DA is ruthless with no nonsense as well.. just he also can't coach offense..

What's worse is we are stringing Pete along and he can't call creative screenplays for the best back in the NFL for screenplays.
You know, if you call him "Anonymous player" we know you won't name him. That's what anonymous means.

Good insight. Most Draft picks dont pan, thats why it baffles me people say trade Kamara, a sure thing for someone who can be everyone scapegoats Andrus peat, Davenport, Turner. With that said. To get a first for someone who is not having impact on your team at all is a good trade. People expectations were a Tad to high
See I don’t see it that way. Apparently Hackett gave Russ everything that he wanted. Separate area from the team, special parking, etc. The Broncos NEEDED a certain kind of HC to reel Russ back in and SP was the only one of those available. They were desperate and we let them off of the hook bc when it comes to wheeling and dealing, WE operate with a desperate mindset. If not desperate, then it’s a very anxious mindset. Either way, not a good mindset

We gave up a 3rd round compensatory pick to sign Andy Dalton to a 1 year $3 million dollar deal. Y'all cracking me up making a big deal of giving back a 3rd round pick. Saints don't care about that.
Yeah and thats why the Saints find themselves in their current mess. That philosophy might work when you have a Drew Brees. But it's downright wreckless otherwise.

I'm VERY Happy we got compensation. I am surprised we only got a pair of 2nd round picks for Payton, I guess he's not as good a coach as I thought.

The ball is now in Micky's court. Let's see if he can make up for Payton's low market value.

Last edited:
I wish there was a "meh" option. Probably would have won the poll.

Fine w it I guess. Not thrilled. Not upset. Its meh.

See I don’t see it that way. Apparently Hackett gave Russ everything that he wanted. Separate area from the team, special parking, etc. The Broncos NEEDED a certain kind of HC to reel Russ back in and SP was the only one of those available. They were desperate and we let them off of the hook bc when it comes to wheeling and dealing, WE operate with a desperate mindset. If not desperate, then it’s a very anxious mindset. Either way, not a good mindset
If you have a car that you are not using and the car would eventually stop running if you dont drive. I who takes the bus ask to buy your car. If you price it above what I'm willing to pay I will either buy another car or just continue to take the bus... But your car will eventually be worthless and need to be towed away .

Yes the broncos might preferred Sean Payton but there is other coaching options and on top of that Sean Payton already had a job so if you cripple his new team too much he can be like I'm good I'll just wait until my contract is up and we get nothing for him. You are saying that the broncos / payton NEEDED each other but I disagree.

Last edited:
Not happy.
I'd rather Mickey got 5 #1s and 5 #2s!
But the market is what it is. I'm more interested in what coaches WE hire and players we pick. The 1st round pick is just extra at this point.

If you have a car that you are not using and the car would eventually stop running if you dont drive. I who takes the bus ask to buy your car. If you price it above what I'm willing to pay I will either buy another car or just continue to take the bus... But your car will eventually be worthless and need to be towed away .

Yes the broncos might preferred Sean Payton but there is other coaching options and on top of that Sean Payton already had a job so if you cripple his new team too much he can be like I'm good I'll just wait until my contract is up and we get nothing for him. You are saying that the broncos / payton NEEDED each other but I disagree.
Not saying that. SP was fine with going to the Broncos, that much is certain bc he ultimately took the job. What I’m saying is, The Broncos NEEDED SP. He didn’t NEED them. It’s like if you need a super duper reliable car and there is one definite super duper reliable car and a few others that are not. Which one are you most inclined to buy? The for sure super duper reliable one or any of the possible “lemons”??? We didn’t price the “car” way above asking. We priced it at its Kelley Blue Book value and we took less than its actual value by sending back that 3rd rd pick. It’s not that hard. If you watched the Broncos play last year, it was very telling that the Broncos players didn’t really care for Russ. The Broncos are married to Russ for the foreseeable future bc of that contract that they gave him, along with what they gave up for him. They were desperate. The Texans were not desperate. The Cardinals were not desperate. The Panthers were not desperate. We actually had most of the leverage there, even if it was 51/49. SP wanted to coach this year. His PR tour on basically every sports show and Podcast proved that as well. At no point did I ever get the feeling that SP would return to the booth. That guy wanted to coach this year and he was going to. Once the parameters of compensation was initiated, SP was going to be the HC of the Broncos. That was a given. The only downside was they were the team with the least amount of compensation to give back. So we had to “bend” a little.

Not saying that. SP was fine with going to the Broncos, that much is certain bc he ultimately took the job. What I’m saying is, The Broncos NEEDED SP. He didn’t NEED them. It’s like if you need a super duper reliable car and there is one definite super duper reliable car and a few others that are not. Which one are you most inclined to buy? The for sure super duper reliable one or any of the possible “lemons”??? We didn’t price the “car” way above asking. We priced it at its Kelley Blue Book value and we took less than its actual value by sending back that 3rd rd pick. It’s not that hard. If you watched the Broncos play last year, it was very telling that the Broncos players didn’t really care for Russ. The Broncos are married to Russ for the foreseeable future bc of that contract that they gave him, along with what they gave up for him. They were desperate. The Texans were not desperate. The Cardinals were not desperate. The Panthers were not desperate. We actually had most of the leverage there, even if it was 51/49. SP wanted to coach this year. His PR tour on basically every sports show and Podcast proved that as well. At no point did I ever get the feeling that SP would return to the booth. That guy wanted to coach this year and he was going to. Once the parameters of compensation was initiated, SP was going to be the HC of the Broncos. That was a given. The only downside was they were the team with the least amount of compensation to give back. So we had to “bend” a little.

Yeah it doesnt matter what the price is if no one buys it. Your assumption is that someone would eventually trade for him if we held out. But the Fact is if we wait too long we get absolutely nothing because his contract expires eventually. having to high of a price of the option can force the best option to not be the best option. Back to example if you got the best car but you price it more then what i can financially afford then its no longer the best option.. you just have a reliable car sitting in the driveway until its not reliable. I would pick The non reliable one can hold me over until I get an opportunity to buy another one in a few years.

Now If we have Sean Payton in a lifetime contract I would agree but teams knowing hey if you dont take the best offer we can just not sign him and wait until he is available or sign an up and comer. The saints can't force teams to trade for Payton at a higher price. At the end of the day you either take the best offer or wait two years and get nothing while he still coaches another team.

Yeah it doesnt matter what the price is if no one buys it. Your assumption is that someone would eventually trade for him if we held out. But the Fact is if we wait too long we get absolutely nothing because his contract expires eventually. having to high of a price of the option can force the best option to not be the best option. Back to example if you got the best car but you price it more then what i can financially afford then its no longer the best option.. you just have a reliable car sitting in the driveway until its not reliable. I would pick The non reliable one can hold me over until I get an opportunity to buy another one in a few years.

Now If we have Sean Payton in a lifetime contract I would agree but teams knowing hey if you dont take the best offer we can just not sign him and wait until he is available or sign an up and comer. The saints can't force teams to trade for Payton at a higher price. At the end of the day you either take the best offer or wait two years and get nothing while he still coaches another team.
The next time a team can get SP, without a trade, is after the 2024 season. I’ve already laid it out for you. SP was going to coach this year. We all knew that. It’s not like some G-14 Classified thing. Out of all of the teams, Denver was the lone desperate team. Denver has been the most adamant that they wanted a sure fire HC. SP was back channeling with the Dolphins last year. Did you forget that? All of the proof has been right in front of everyone. Like I said, unfortunately the most desperate team was the one with least amount of draft capital. **** happens. That’s life in a nutshell

1675362935469.gif

The next time a team can get SP, without a trade, is after the 2024 season. I’ve already laid it out for you. SP was going to coach this year. We all knew that. It’s not like some G-14 Classified thing. Out of all of the teams, Denver was the lone desperate team. Denver has been the most adamant that they wanted a sure fire HC. SP was back channeling with the Dolphins last year. Did you forget that? All of the proof has been right in front of everyone. Like I said, unfortunately the most desperate team was the one with least amount of draft capital. **** happens. That’s life in a nutshell

1675362935469.gif

I just think its alot assumptions, maybe we should made it easy and trading him for

I just think its alot assumptions, maybe we should made it easy and trading him for

There’s no assumptions. It was proven that the Dolphins tampered. SP did a PR tour promoting himself to teams. He even went as far as to say what the compensation would be. Dude was coaching this year. There was no going back to the booth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom