Are you happy with what Loomis got for Sean? (1 Viewer)

Are you happy with what Loomis got for Sean? (merged)

• Yes

Votes: 258 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 186 41.9%

• Total voters
Yes. Coach trades are rare. There might not be another coach trade for 20 years. The fact that we got a little more than a first round pick is a big deal. Teams really don’t want to give up picks for non players. If Payton were currently working as HC of the Saints then you would really that Gruden deal. But the fact that he took a year off lessens the value of the trade. I would preferred they get their 2 third rounders this year and nothing next year. But idk if that was on the table.

I feel like sending a pick back was very unnecessary. The only way that I am happy is if we somehow trade this 1st rd pick for a 1st rd pick next year, along with other picks. We gave up a SB winning coach, who is a sure fire HOFer, regarded as one of the best offensive minds in the game. How in the world do we send any pick along with him is beyond me?!?! But then again, we are no stranger to getting the raw end of a deal, so there’s that. Yeah I said it!!!

Loomis got way more for Sean than the Jets did for Herm Edwards or the Cardinals did for Bruce Arians, so I'm pretty pleased both with the compensation and where he ended up. Anyone thinking they were going to get a haul like the Raiders got for Gruden was delusional.

That was Mickey taking one on the chin for Sean. I hope I'm wrong but I think the Saints franchise is done for the next 10 years because of this move. You don't let Bill Walsh walk out the door for two second round pics. We saw what happened this year without Payton, expect more of the same next year and aint nobody wanna come coach the Saints.
Good…I hope we lose every game next year for Caleb Williams

could have done without sending them a 3rd rounder. I thought Coach was worth a first and a second. Probably their second and our third we sent will be close together so that is a wash. So basically, Payton for a first. Better than nothing and time to move on.
Not if Denver stinks again. Could be top 42

Yes, it's fine. I'd have preferred the other of the two reported deals that we had to choose from but it's splitting hairs at that point.

Not if Denver stinks again. Could be top 42
that would be about the only way this trade, to me, is successful. but if they make the playoffs and the pick in the lower half, that would not be good. I can see us picking high again next season.

Sean was not coming back to coach the Saints, he wanted a change in his life. I am so grateful for what Sean did for all of New Orleans. We got a 1st and moved our 3rd up to a 2nd. In 2024 we can draft 3 of the top 64 players.

The main thing was to get him out of the NFC and that was accomplished. He is an elite coach and will have Denver winning. We can appreciate Sean's legacy with the Saints now. If he went to a rival NFC team it would have been hard to continue the gratitude. (Nick Saban is a good example of a legacy ruined).

Thanks Sean! Rooting for you, except when you play the Saints!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom