Are you happy with what Loomis got for Sean? (1 Viewer)

Are you happy with what Loomis got for Sean? (merged)

• Yes

Votes: 258 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 186 41.9%

• Total voters
Loomis got way more for Sean than the Jets did for Herm Edwards or the Cardinals did for Bruce Arians, so I'm pretty pleased both with the compensation and where he ended up. Anyone thinking they were going to get a haul like the Raiders got for Gruden was delusional.
This is the same board where at least a decent number of people think we could've gotten a 1st-3rd round pick for Chauncey based on his first three seasons in the league, so yeah, they tend to have unreasonable expectations for trades around here.

This is the same board where at least a decent number of people think we could've gotten a 1st-3rd round pick for Chauncey based on his first three seasons in the league, so yeah, they tend to have unreasonable expectations for trades around here.
Uh...we should've gotten better than a 5th

:shrug:

I don’t care if we would’ve gotten a top 10 pick. The only way I would’ve been happy is if this ordeal never happened and he was still coaching the Saints. It’s officially the end of the greatest Saints era.

Mickey Loomis isn’t Howie Roseman, so I don’t expect us to get back to that type of greatness any time soon.

Uh...we should've gotten better than a 5th

:shrug:
I think we should've gotten a serviceable OL since the trade happened after Penning's injury and OL was a clear area of need. But there were definitely comments on this board where people said we should've gotten a 1st or 2nd for him, which was never going to happen (tell me any time in history a team has gotten a 1st or a 2nd round pick for a player who'd never made a single pro bowl, even in an era where lots more players make pro bowls b/c so many players back out of them).

Last edited:
Curious: does the fact that SP was under contract for TWO MORE YEARS affect his value for this trade?

Seems like it should and thus should have been higher picks involved.

[sigh]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom