Are you happy with what Loomis got for Sean? (1 Viewer)

Are you happy with what Loomis got for Sean? (merged)

• Yes

Votes: 258 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 186 41.9%

• Total voters
Yeah, and then the trade doesn't happen, which I guess is an acceptable outcome for some people. I'm happy the trade was made. Got a first and 2024 2nd for Payton and their 2024 3rd. All things considered, we're better off with that in the rear view mirror. I was just ready for that circus to be over.
Same here.

They actually gained value by trading that 3rd rd pick for Denver's 2nd.
I understand Denver’s position but I would not have agreed to it based on historical trades and circumstances. Payton was the the most qualified candidate out there and Denver obviously wanted him as did some players. A 3rd round pick can end up a good starter.

Guys are you happy that Saints got a Turner, Davenport, Ramcyk for Payton. Hell no. Swapping the 2nd for 3rd ain’t much either. The only way this makes me happy is if Sean has agreed to take a few of our older guys off our hands after June 1 for more draft picks or younger players like Javian Williams to jump start our rebuild.

It would.be fine if we weren't giving them a 3rd.

Payton is worth a low first and a second. We should not have given the third, IMO.

Yeah. Because after all of this, the decade plus rumor to Dallas, Payton will never be a Cowboy.
Plus, you can draft Hendon now.

They actually gained value by trading that 3rd rd pick for Denver's 2nd.
I think that is the right way to look at it. I don't think Loomis asked for their 2023 1st and 2024 2nd with him then caving when Denver countered in asking for the Saints 2024 3rd in the deal. I think Loomis told them he wanted mid to late 2023 first round value and after finding out exactly how late the 2023 first rounder from them (via San Fran) would be, they added in the 2024 3rd for 2nd swap to bring the value up on the side of the Saints. Maybe some don't feel as though Loomis asked for enough from the onset but that is something else.

We basically got two second round picks. A very late round one and a round 2. And we sent a 3rd round.

Not awful, but not great.

A73C7179-9F94-4E50-997B-812C3C9CBD88.jpeg

I would have stood ten toes down on 2023 2nd, 2 3rds and 2024 1st round pick. Deal. If not Payton could should his shot with the Chargers next year.

The Raiders traded a 1st & a 2nd for Davante Adams last offseason.

The Dolphins traded a 1st, a 2nd, and some change for Tyreek Hill.

Perspective … The Saints fleeced the Broncos.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom