Are you happy with what Loomis got for Sean? (1 Viewer)

Are you happy with what Loomis got for Sean? (merged)

• Yes

Votes: 258 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 186 41.9%

• Total voters
So if we pretend we didn’t give back a third…it’s kind of like getting Tyreek Hill or Davante Adams but without the big contract…or the player.
Regardless, Sean Payton wasn't really an asset. You had his rights but he had already quit and had another job in media. It's a win considering the context.

Regardless, Sean Payton wasn't really an asset. You had his rights but he had already quit and had another job in media. It's a win considering the context.
Yeah the more i think about it, it’s more along the lines of Arizona trading Arians to Bucs, Bruce quit but AZ still held his rights. In exchange they swapped 6th and 7th round picks

It was a fair trade. I was hoping that the Saints could have done a tad better, but I am talking about a tad. The bottom line is that if Denver wanted Sean Payton, it had to give up draft picks. After quarterback, the single most important person in an NFL organization is head coach, and general manager is next.

Though I disagree with its opinions at least 50 percent of the time, I did look at the Walter Football website for its take on the Payton signing. It gave the Broncos a C, saying that Payton was the best coach on the market but then inexplicably why should a team give up any draft compensation for a head coach. But it then proceded to list the last 10 or so players drafted in the 29th spot in the draft, and the list is not very impressive.

We gave up a 3rd round compensatory pick to sign Andy Dalton to a 1 year $3 million dollar deal. Y'all cracking me up making a big deal of giving back a 3rd round pick. Saints don't care about that.
“Not caring about picks” is one of the things that has set us behind. Have to change that mindset in order to get where we need to be

It was a good trade not a great trade , saints giving up a 3rd round pick Baffles me and prevents
it from being a great trade
Assuming we won't be major players in the free agent market (perhaps outside of David Carr), and assuming further that a handful of our FA's (Davenport, Onyemata, Elliss, Roby, Landry) sign elsewhere.... there's a chance we might recover that 3rd round pick with a compensatory pick.

It was a fair trade. I was hoping that the Saints could have done a tad better, but I am talking about a tad. The bottom line is that if Denver wanted Sean Payton, it had to give up draft picks. After quarterback, the single most important person in an NFL organization is head coach, and general manager is next.

Though I disagree with its opinions at least 50 percent of the time, I did look at the Walter Football website for its take on the Payton signing. It gave the Broncos a C, saying that Payton was the best coach on the market but then inexplicably why should a team give up any draft compensation for a head coach. But it then proceded to list the last 10 or so players drafted in the 29th spot in the draft, and the list is not very impressive.
Good insight. Most Draft picks dont pan, thats why it baffles me people say trade Kamara, a sure thing for someone who can be everyone scapegoats Andrus peat, Davenport, Turner. With that said. To get a first for someone who is not having impact on your team at all is a good trade. People expectations were a Tad to high

Yeah, and then the trade doesn't happen, which I guess is an acceptable outcome for some people. I'm happy the trade was made. Got a first and 2024 2nd for Payton and their 2024 3rd. All things considered, we're better off with that in the rear view mirror. I was just ready for that circus to be over.

People seem to believe that just because they want or believe something it's true.

it's not.

This was a fair trade under the circumstances and the fact is that if we hadn't made it we would get nothing this year and maybe far less next.

This. We got a 1st for a guy who wasn't a part of the team anymore.

We had a garage fridge not in use that needed to get rolled out to the street, but instead we sold it for $500.

I'll say this, while I don't think it was great it was about what I thought we'd get for him. There was so much chatter of people wanting multiple first, top 10 picks, etc. and that was never happening. We got a late 1st round pick and basically will be moving up from the 3rd to the 2nd round) for a coach that wasn't going to coach for us again. He could've just retired and stayed retired. So in the end, Payton gives us a Super Bowl, multiple winning seasons and leaves and hands us back a 1st round pick we wouldn't have had. However, Mickey and Co. did a less than stellar job leaving us without our top 10 pick this year, but hey it's more than we had. I think the expectations were always too much by a large group of fans here. I don't know if it's like this with all fan bases but this board severely over values the Saints position time and time again. That being said, I'm just hoping this coaching staff and front office will make a pick that will help next years coaching staff fix the mess we're eventually going to find ourselves in by draft time next year. I do wish the 1st round pick was next years but in hindsight, unlike some other choices this past year and a half, Mickey didn't do a horrible job on this one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom