Are You Living in the New Orleans Area (1 Viewer)

Born in Natchez, Ms. Raised in Ferriday/Vidalia La......about 2 1/2 hours from NO......now a season ticket holder living in Memphis, Tn.

McComb MS. Lifelong fan. Funny thing is, people say "you're from Mississippi and they have no team. Why pull for the Saints?" What they don't understand is how special Sunday afternoon is in the Superdome. Or the feeling that you get afterwards when we win but nobody ever expects us to. I'm still waiting to bring that Lombardi trophy to the Big Easy; I'm sure we'll have even more bandwagon fans then....
We WILL defeat the Falcons tomorrow.

Algiers, which is, of course, New Orleans. We were lucky during Katrina for sure. Not a day goes by that I don't remember that.

Side note... was in Florida panhandle area visiting family for Thanksgiving (Shalimar, FL, just north of Ft. Walton) Anyway, they had some friends over for some beer, etc.. So I asked them if they were Bucs fans and they said "Hell no... this is Saints country". I gave them a round of applause. So it is confirmed. Gotta love it.

I live in Halifax. I've dragged my family to NOLA just so I could catch a game. Had a great time, met TPS and RCS. We will be back. My dream is to own season tix with the chance of attending most games. Retiring from CDN Navy soon and looking at NOLA timeshares during da season. Not sure why, but I'm drawn to NOLA and the Saints and SR!!! I'm outta control!!!

Born and raised in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania (the Poconos)...a small town of a few thousand people with my graduating high school class of 59 people. After college, in 2000 I moved to Shreveport for graduate school and in August 2006 I got my PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from LSUHSC-Shreveport. I IMMEDIATELY moved in with my fiance in Slidell where I live now and work in New Orleans. My dad was born and raised in the lower 9th ward (St. Maurice Ave.) and I've been a fan of the Saints since I learned I had family roots down here and became interested in football (about 1986-7...just in time for the Dome Patrol years)....I figured it was time to return those roots and Katrina only hastened that move. It also hastened my buying Saints season tickets and the concept of my gameday costume!

I dont plan on leaving the New Orleans area pretty much ever...love the region, love the people, love the food , and LOVE THOSE SAINTS!

See you at the Blue Oyster Club 49ers game!!! (Police Academy anyone?)

Lived in Chalmette from birth to 18, then moved to Chicago for school, moved back a few years ago and have lived in Old Metairie ever since.

Born and raised and live in Ohio. But I have family in New Iberia,Rayne and Lafayette.Don't know why I became a Saints fan.Been a long time. Might be because my High school colors were the same.

Born at Baptist Hospital, lived in New Orleans East til I was 10, moved to Pearl River, then Slidell. Life long fan. My parents had season tickets forever.

I now live in Glendale, AZ.

DaveHoyt

Born and raised in Metaire. Brother Martin and UNO alumni now living in Ocean Springs, MS. Saints fan since birth, die hard since Sam Mills and the rest of the Dome Patrol stuffed Pittsburgh on that fourth and goal late in the fourth quarter in 1987 that sealed the franchises first winning season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom