Are You Living in the New Orleans Area (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
after seeing quite a few posts here it seems there a lot of out of the area fans was wondering if any would like to give there location and if they are from here are just great saint fans by birth,

I'm about 70 miles west-south-west from New Orleans... right on the Atchafalaya River

I wish I was still living back in N.O. but I;m in Clearwater Fl. been a saints fan from the opening kickoff when John Gilliam returned it all the way

hey dsnfla, i was in tulane stadium that sunday and have had the saints in my blood ever since, though i have gone through many changes, like the world will go on if we loose, and for the saints to win i dont have to have the same clothes on every sunday, and a hundred other crazy things we do for the boys to win,

Houston,now, but born and raised in Gentilly, Holy Cross '72, UNO '76, thirty year vet of Orleans Parish Public Schools...one Friday I left my classroom and went to the Saints v. Raven pre-season game...saw the weather report at 3am and drove to Texas the next day...that Monday everything I had known as home ceased to exist.

But we all go on...sometimes a song, a bite of food, a phone call from a familiar voice from the past brings me back but it is only a moment here and then gone. I guess tonight is one of those nights...if life hadn't changed that Monday and the Saints at Falcons on the Sunday after Thanksgiving I would most likely be in Atlanta going out with friends and joking with the "Hot-lanta" fans.

This is what I thought of when I read your thread...

Just recently with-in the past 3-4 months was relocated to Atlanta by my employer. Previously resided in New Orleans, Shreveport/Bossier City, attended college in Baton Rouge, and wife is from Baton Rouge....... oh yeah and mother-in-law resides in Slidell. Die-Hard Saints Fan from the Dome Patrol era!

Born in Chalmette (well the Ninth Ward since there was no hospital in Chalmette that delivered babies), and lived here my whole life, except.........

The 4 years I was in college (I lived in Monroe for most of the year)

and.....

The 10 weeks Katrina chased me from here.

Already re-built and back in DA PARISH!

Born and raised in Bayou Liberty, Slidell Louisiana. My father was a season ticket holder in Tulane stadium and though I was very young I do remember going thier for a couple of games.

Born, raised, and 26 year resident in good 'ol Nawlins (Metairie). Alas, the Navy took me away for the last 15+ years. Now I am in Chesapeake, VA (Norfolk area). I long to be back home and able to go to see my Saints in the Dome again!

SSP

Northshore DieHard!!!

Hammond born and raised, my moms side moved up here when she was in 11th grade from Algiers. She and my two uncles went to OPW. high school. My grandpaw worked for the school board so they traveled to different areas on the west bank when they were younger and then decided to move to the northshore where my grandpaw was born (Albany). They decided to move after an OPW student was stabbed by a non-student in my mom's classroom. My grandmaw worked somewhere on Canal Street in downtown NO, I can't remember where. I still have alot of family down there in Gretna, Westwego, and Marrero. I inherited my black & gold blood from my grandpaw, who was a fan since day one.

When i was a kid I was a huge Steve Young fan, so I kinda liked the 49ers. He was a good passer and an exciting runner who always made a big play. My grandpaw gave me hell about it. I remember him telling me once that the reason SY was such a good scrambler is because he had no "nads," but I didn't care.

Anyway I converted the year before Ditka came. And now I'm a diehard and only pull for the 49ers when they play Dallas or Atlanta, who are my most hated teams.
My grandpaw has suffered through alot of bad seasons, so now he has a pessimistic view of our team. But his enthusiasm and optimism was passed along to me. Hopefully I can teach my kids, at an early age, how to be a Who Dat and what its like to be in that number.

Geaux Saints!!!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom