Are you losing faith in Loomis? (1 Viewer)

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes and No. It's a team effort. Payton says, I want that toy, Loomis fits it into the budget.

Although, I feel as though Loomis should be putting a stop to some of the kid in a candy store ways that Payton has.

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think if you dig deep into every transaction, you'll see something like this with every franchise, particularly Dallas.

thetownedrunkard

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
That ship sailed a long time for me. I've been very critical of the fo the last few years with the horrid drafts and even worse fa signings. I predicted Spiller was going to be cut in the offseason so not surprised. He should have at least been allowed to return kickoffs, he use to be dynamic at that in the past and couldn't have been any worse than Murphy this past Sunday....

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
The thing is, none of us really know exactly what Loomis' role is. Is he just the money guy, a figurehead, or something a little more than that? Whatever the case, it doesn't seem to me like he's in charge of player evaluations and personnel decisions.

So if it's the personnel decisions that have you down, blame SP and Ireland, but probably not Loomis.

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We have folks advocating for the team to mimic the "Patriot Way." This past offseason has been the most "Patriot Way" span of time we have ever seen from Payton/Loomis. Why would we suddenly loose faith now?

CalgaryJay

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
With lesser known guys no. With the big splash names, absolutely. Payton too, let's not kid ourselves that he has nothing to do with these pickups.

I'm still fine with them being on the team, and generally like both of them. But I absolutely don't consider their decisions infallible like I used to.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thoughts. Feel free to vent here but keep it civil. Seems like even his supporters are starting to lose patience.
With the other poster, not really.

I don't believe Loomis is signing people and negotiating deals that Payton doesn't ask for.

I've lost faith in whoever is bringing the shopping list to Loomis. That includes FA, drafting and coaching staff decisions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Taker597 Lions may be inbound on a 12 game losing streak. *Trap Game Alert* Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6

Headlines

Top Bottom