Are you losing faith in Loomis? (1 Viewer)

We have folks advocating for the team to mimic the "Patriot Way." This past offseason has been the most "Patriot Way" span of time we have ever seen from Payton/Loomis. Why would we suddenly loose faith now?

+1

I remember a whole lot of outrage when Belicheck cut his starting safety Laywer Milloy right before the season started.

No. Loomis isn't some former scout. He's a bean counter. Manipulating the cap, doing this thing with self-voiding contracts, Loomis is doing a damn good job at what he does best.

Personnel has to be shifted more towards Payton, scouts, other coaches and such.

If Spiller never got the playbook, wasn't smart enough, was just a bad fit....then we should've realized this sooner, I guess.

If he never bothered to learn the playbook, had a bad attitude, refused to do the things that Cadet and Reggie Bush did in the offense, didn't try as hard because he was unhappy with his utility...

Then I guess it's the same. We should've vetted that out sooner or something.

The situation is done to me. It doesn't change our offensive outlook. We've still got a damn good group of skill position players.

I'm ready for the blasted Giants already.

Yes! without a doubt! I posed this question sometime last year and got destroyed over it. we are in cap purgatory!

SP good enough offensively to get us to 7-8 wins a year - meanwhile we do it with subpar players with no ability to get over the hump personnel wise.

IMO, position coaches have played a role on why we've had so many whiffs lately...especially on defense.

No. Loomis isn't some former scout. He's a bean counter. Manipulating the cap, doing this thing with self-voiding contracts, Loomis is doing a damn good job at what he does best.

Personnel has to be shifted more towards Payton, scouts, other coaches and such.

If Spiller never got the playbook, wasn't smart enough, was just a bad fit....then we should've realized this sooner, I guess.

If he never bothered to learn the playbook, had a bad attitude, refused to do the things that Cadet and Reggie Bush did in the offense, didn't try as hard because he was unhappy with his utility...

Then I guess it's the same. We should've vetted that out sooner or something.

The situation is done to me. It doesn't change our offensive outlook. We've still got a damn good group of skill position players.

I'm ready for the blasted Giants already.

Didn't we hire some new scouts? But I do agree I'm ready to blast the Giants.

I think we've become delusion. The majority of our roster is guys that are hopeful "diamonds in the rough."

Exactly! I mean honestly we are hoping for guys who other teams would cut to come out and do things they simply won't do well and our record over the last few years proves it.

We waste money and cap space like its no big deal and we field a team with less talent then the rest of the league in far too many areas.

Something has to change and soon. I know it is not easy and every team deals with some of this but not nearly this much of it year after year.

If you had a pole where people's votes were anonymous you would probably get honest answers.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Without Drew Brees, the Saints are the...</p>&mdash; Fletcher Mackel (@FletcherWDSU) <a href="https://twitter.com/FletcherWDSU/status/775819356223614976">September 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Credit: Ellias J Williams posted this in another thread - I'm not sure you need any more proof!:

The Chickens are coming home to roost
A Number of things I'd like to note as it revolves around yesterday's loss.

1) When Delvin Breaux got hurt his immediate replacement was an UDFA Rookie. Let that sink in. As recently as 2014 we spent a 2nd rounder on a CB(3rd/5th in 2015) and signed at least 3 to contracts yet were still down to UDFA's as immediate replacements.

2) Jairus Byrd = 10mil Cap Hit
Cam Jordan = 5mil Cap Hit
$15 Million Dollars = 5 Tckls and 0 impact plays between them.

3) CJ Spiller = 4mil Cap HIt = inactive because of a #'s game. Returning Kickoffs is something he's excelled at throughout his career and yet we collectively hold our breaths as Murphy receives a kick or punt for the 2nd year in a row.

4) We used the 13th draft pick on a starting LG. Carl Nicks was a 5th rounder

5) Our 31st pick from a year ago Stephone Anthony played less snaps than a waiver wire request in 2015 in Michael Mauti.

6) We used a 2nd round pick on a passrusher with 2 ACL injuries who is out with a 3rd ACL injury.

7) We have $35 million in dead money. Only 1 of those players is currently on the team. Jahri Evans. That equates to 8 different players we no longer have on the team that could have been of use in Sunday's game.

8) John Jenkins all 6'3 350 lbs of him got single blocked by a Center on top of picking the wrong gap that lead to a 70yd TD. A man that's 350lbs who we drafted using a 3rd round pick to be a NT to tie up 2 blockers got single blocked 3 yds off the ball. Let that sink in.

9) Since 2006 we've used 7 draft picks on WR's. Of those 7 only 2 were high draft picks Cooks/Meachem. The rest were lower round picks and yet we've been a top 5-10 passing offense for much of the decade. In that same span we've used 3 draft picks on RB's. Two 1st' and a 4th. 1 of them was a satellite back and the other Ingram. During this 10 year span we haven't had a single 1000 yard rusher and every year we look to improve the running game. Does it not seem like the RB position may be harder to hit on than WR for us and more important thus the need to be looking at RB talent much closer? I mean we kept 6 RB's for christ sakes..........utterly no reason for that.

10) We have 6 RBs on the roster meanwhile only 5 DBs but we are a passing team

11) Wonder if players that would have been taken with the 1st and 2nd rounder from the Bounty debacle would have helped?

12) Since 2012 alone we've made a ton of FA acquisitions/Drafts/ Player transactions. Curtis Lofton, David Hawthorne, Will Herring, Erik Lorig, Corey White, Akiem Hicks, Champ Bailey, Brandon Browner, Jairus Byrd, CJ Spiller, Ben Grubbs, Brodrick Bunkley, Chris Chamberlain, Barrett Rudd, Nick Toon, Andrew Tiller (Still in league) Marcel Jones, Tyrunn Walker, Keenan Lewis, Benjamin Watson, Victor Butler, Rufus Johnson, Kenny Stills, Rafael Bush, Stanley Jean Baptiste, Khari Fortt, Ronald Powell, Tavon Rooks, Vinnie Sunseri, Dannel Ellerbe, Davis Tull, Stephone Anthony, Damian Swann.

I'm not going to even add these guys up but these players are either no longer on the team, under performing, or partaking in roles that don't fit justify their draft position. That's a lot of high profile misses in a 3-4 year span. Bad FA signings, bad resignings, bad draft picks, bad cuts...you name it....its all been bad.

So while we sit here and debate over whether it was the missed field goal, the int, the injury to Breaux, or the refs that cost us Sunday's game the truth is our problems started way before the clock started from 15:00 in the 1st Q of Sundays game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom