Are you politically predictable (1 Viewer)

IntenseSaint

Powhatan Power
Reaction score
There are people you see, here and other places who you can just tell where they will stand on a certain issue.
I like to think I don't fit the whole conservative/liberal mold because of my varied stances on different subjects.
But some here just tow the party line to the tee and that just screams sheep.

For example I may be conservative on fiscal issues/punishment of criminals/global warming/health care.

But on liberal issues I side with full rights for gay marriage, gays in military, expansive money into education and for full separation of church and state. Hell I am pretty much agnostic.

Where do you break from your normal idealism?

What stands do you take on certain issues that normally don't fall in line with your others?

There are people you see, here and other places who you can just tell where they will stand on a certain issue.
I like to think I don't fit the whole conservative/liberal mold because of my varied stances on different subjects.
But some here just tow the party line to the tee and that just screams sheep.

For example I may be conservative on fiscal issues/punishment of criminals/global warming/health care.

But on liberal issues I side with full rights for gay marriage, gays in military, expansive money into education and for full separation of church and state. Hell I am pretty much agnostic.

Where do you break from your normal idealism?

What stands do you take on certain issues that normally don't fall in line with your others?
in a way your beliefs could be considered politically predictable, you are among the growing number of libertarian republicans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarian_Republican

I would like to think that I am "politically predictable" to anyone that knows me. It's not like I feel that need to sneak in a change up, just because.

That's a long way from saying that I identify with a political party, though.

I am as strongly pro-choice as I am pro-death penalty. Hell I'm even pro-euthanasia.

Gay marriage doesn't bother me, but I feel it should be a local issue and if people vote against it so be it.

I'd rather somebody get welfare than beg on the street or mug. It's a necessary evil. (I'm not saying that everyone on welfare is bad or would do that....but there are some who fit the description)

Affirmative Action has run it's course and has got to go. The "Rooney Rule" is the most ridiculous thing ever.

A single-payer healthcare system is downright scary, but there definitely needs to be reform to lower costs.

All violent crime is a hate crime.

Iraq(2003) was necessary, Iraq(2009) doesn't seem all that necessary.

Alternative energy is the solution, but it should not be prematurely forced upon us like it is.

And finally, I think someone with my views should not be labeled and discredited as "racist" ala Janeane Garofalo.

*Basically the only thing I can get on board with Obama is abortion and kicking A in Afghanistan.

Last edited:
I would like to think that I am "politically predictable" to anyone that knows me. It's not like I feel that need to sneak in a change up, just because.

That's a long way from saying that I identify with a political party, though.

It's not that you are sneaking in change for the sake of changing it's beacuse you have your own principals and don't walk in lock step. Being a sheep is no fun if you ask me.

It's not that you are sneaking in change for the sake of changing it's beacuse you have your own principals and don't walk in lock step. Being a sheep is no fun if you ask me.

Being a sheep on behalf of whom? :shrug:

My political thoughts are my political beliefs. Now I have to have one that goes against the others to prove something?

Whom am I allegedly walking in lockstep with?

Being a sheep on behalf of whom? :shrug:

My political thoughts are my political beliefs. Now I have to have one that goes against the others to prove something?

Whom am I allegedly walking in lockstep with?

I guess you don't technically have to have a differing opinion and you can fit the ENTIRE spectrum of liberalism.

But is that kind of group think a good thing?

I guess you don't technically have to have a differing opinion and you can fit the ENTIRE spectrum of liberalism.

But is that kind of group think a good thing?

Who says I fit the "ENTIRE spectrum of liberalism"? Just because I voted for Obama and think he's not as bad as his predecessor? :smilielol:

With all of the assumptions you're making, you'll forgive me for being a little suspicious of this thread.

That's my point...your political beliefs are your political beliefs. What's a "differing opinion"? I'm not aware of anybody whose political beliefs are "Whatever the (insert party) says".

Supporting gay marriage and being a fiscal conservative are not "differing principles". Those are two political beliefs that just happen to be supported by two different political parties.

"I believe in global warming" is definitely not any sort of political belief.

So, yes, I am "politically predictable". There are some positions that are more conservative and some that are more liberal. I can "predictably" champion those positions that make the most sense to me.

Last edited:
God is a fictional character that exists only in one's head. I do not buy what is in the bible. My God is the person I pray to. He is not Jesus or Buddah or any other traditional God. He is the one sole confidant that a person can turn to for advice and a hug. He does not exist but most people have one.

I flip flop on abortion. One one hand, I hate to see a life not allowed to be born. On the other hand, I hate to see a baby born only to live a horrible life.

Dumping more money on education does not usually yield higher results. The system is broken and money will not fix it. I support putting smart kids in smart kid classes where they can go trough their education years being fully challenged. Kids that are lacking in the smarts department should have a trade based education where they learn a trade that they can use to earn a living. The direction they head should be determined around the sixth grade.

I am for building more prisons. We have had this discussion before and I still stand by my thoughts. Too often we read about a killer with a long rap sheet that has spent little time behind bars.

Personal responsibility is something too few people take. We have way too many people looking for the government to bail them out from their bad choices.

The Saints are the best team in the NFL right now.

I might carve a pumpkin like the one in your avatar, Lon, to see how many people on my street think it's a satanic symbol. Ok peeps, back to your political bickering.

I might carve a pumpkin like the one in your avatar, Lon, to see how many people on my street think it's a satanic symbol.

I dont think its a satantic symbol unless you multiply it by two hundred and twelve and then add point thirty two

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom