Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (3 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Those of you on social media:

Where are people hearing that 12-15 year olds are eligible to get the COVID vaccine in Louisiana RIGHT NOW?

My wife "saw this somewhere" last Thursday and made me call around. Then she "saw it" again online and had me call around again today. The FDA approval is said to be imminent, but it hasn't yet gone through. Are there rumors like this out there on social media? What's the source for this stuff?

Meanwhile, back in Reality Land:

Are there places where you can just walk in and get a vaccine or do you have to schedule an appointment. I would like to get one this afternoon but there doesn't seem to be any available right now.
If you can get to Gretna, LA ... you can walk in to the Winn Dixie on Wall Blvd and get a no-appointment vaccine in the pharmacy.

I don't know about your neck of the woods on the MS Gulf Coast ... but independent pharmacies have been the winning play in the New Orleans area, too.
it's the same here. I'm assuming it's due to low population density and people just refusing to get vaccinated. You can walk in here and get vaccinated without an appointment. My local pharmacy has vaccinated LA. and ALA. residents as well as local ones.

Those of you on social media:

Where are people hearing that 12-15 year olds are eligible to get the COVID vaccine in Louisiana RIGHT NOW?

My wife "saw this somewhere" last Thursday and made me call around. Then she "saw it" again online and had me call around again today. The FDA approval is said to be imminent, but it hasn't yet gone through. Are there rumors like this out there on social media? What's the source for this stuff?

Meanwhile, back in Reality Land:

Novavax is about to start trials for 12-17 years old in NOLA.

NM, I read it and did some googling. ha.

So, Modera is just a bit behind, but wrapping up their trials too.

Looks like the studies on younger kids are also going to look at smaller doses, down to 1/4, to the same does as adults.

A lot of Costco's are doing walk in vaccinations and even offering your choice of the 3 vaccines.

Land of plenty indeed.

I now know two people that I care about quite a bit who say they aren’t getting it - and these aren’t people I would consider anti-vax or driven by some political agenda. They just feel hesitant.

I think the PR campaign has done a fairly poor job of explaining the vaccines, the history of the technology, how they’re made, and that they’re not “experimental”.

Land of plenty indeed.

I now know two people that I care about quite a bit who say they aren’t getting it - and these aren’t people I would consider anti-vax or driven by some political agenda. They just feel hesitant.

I think the PR campaign has done a fairly poor job of explaining the vaccines, the history of the technology, how they’re made, and that they’re not “experimental”.

Why isn’t that a commercial during the nfl draft, Masters, and nonstop on prime time?
No money in informing people?

I don't know.

And it looks like a lot of the other ads they're putting out there are going after heat strings vs brain cells.

No money in informing people?

I don't know.

And it looks like a lot of the other ads they're putting out there are going after heat strings vs brain cells.

Well I don’t think PSAs aim to make money but I think you’re right that they have elected other themes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom