Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (12 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
We had basically the same experience - I woke up today good to go. No lingering effects whatsoever after my achy, lazy day yesterday.

Interestingly, I have almost zero arm soreness today. When I got my second shot, I said to the clinician “wow I didn’t feel that one much at all.” It was a way lighter poke than my first, and also higher up on my arm. I mentioned to my wife that night that I barely felt it.

Now two days later, it’s almost weird how not sore my arm is - like virtually no soreness. Makes me wonder if the person who gave me the shot was just really good.
Yeah, the shoulder pain went away a lot faster with the second shot for me, too.

Yeah, the shoulder pain went away a lot faster with the second shot for me, too.

opposite for my, my first Phizer shot, no soreness in the shoulder at all. The 2nd one after 3 days I still feel a bit of soreness....was exhausted that night and the next day. Slept 12 hours....

Got my second Pfizer shot this afternoon, so now it's just a two-week wait until it fully kicks in.

Keeping myself hydrated with some high-quality H2O and I have a few Gatorade Zeros as well. I feel a little lightheaded and I'm starting to feel lethargic, but that's about it so far.

I took off from work tomorrow just in case, but I'll work if I'm up to it since I'm still working from home anyway.

I drank a lot of Pedialyte and suggested it to my buddy. He had a rough first shot. His second shot after drinking the Pedialyte was mild. My symptoms were not really noticeable besides soreness at the injection site.

I drank a lot of Pedialyte and suggested it to my buddy. He had a rough first shot. His second shot after drinking the Pedialyte was mild. My symptoms were not really noticeable besides soreness at the injection site.

I also learned this weekend that a lot of the anecdote going around with the shots is wildly subjective.

We were talking about how a lot of people are skipping the second shot, and my mom said "They keep hearing that it's bad and they get scared." My sister says "Yeah, mine was rough! I felt awful."

I sort of quizzed her about it and it turns out she sort of stayed in the bed the next day. Had some mild body aches and some intermittent "blurred vision when I watched tv" - but no worse than that, she went to bed that night and was fine the next day. Yet she describes it as "rough" and tells her friends how rough it was.

Freakin' drama queen, come on!

I also learned this weekend that a lot of the anecdote going around with the shots is wildly subjective.

We were talking about how a lot of people are skipping the second shot, and my mom said "They keep hearing that it's bad and they get scared." My sister says "Yeah, mine was rough! I felt awful."

I sort of quizzed her about it and it turns out she sort of stayed in the bed the next day. Had some mild body aches and some intermittent "blurred vision when I watched tv" - but no worse than that, she went to bed that night and was fine the next day. Yet she describes it as "rough" and tells her friends how rough it was.

Yeah, some of the complaining I've seen about feeling crummy for 24 hours has been a bit much. If I had to feel like crap for 24 hours to ensure protection from Covid for a good while, I'm doing it without complaining.

i posted here i was nervous for #2. From that exact type of talk from friends who got. Yeah i slept most of Saturday from just the fatigue/achy feel...but my main gripe was i missed out on a beautiful Sat to do things. That was it. I worked myself up for nothing other than a reallllllyyylazy saturday lol

ive heard that’s the key

been drinking a lot of water
Milk is actually a better hydrator than water. Water is what hydrates us, but milk is 90% water and contains fats and proteins that slow the bodies absorption. Eating fruit and veggies with a high water content will do the same.

My younger sister was hospitalized years ago due to dehydration. The Dr. who treated her told her to eat melons and drink milk

Milk is actually a better hydrator than water. Water is what hydrates us, but milk is 90% water and contains fats and proteins that slow the bodies absorption. Eating fruit and veggies with a high water content will do the same.

My younger sister was hospitalized years ago due to dehydration. The Dr. who treated her told her to eat melons and drink milk

I’ve never heard that

thanks

I’ve never heard that

thanks
Yw, I was surprised when I found about it as well. If you keep slamming water, it will bypass the internal organs and go straight to the bladder. You'll urinate it away before it does any good.

Melon season is right around the corner. Take advantage. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom