Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (22 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
I will still wear mine after I am fully vaccinated first because it is still required here....and 2nd because I think it will put people at ease. If you see one lone person wandering around with no mask you are left to wonder if they are REALLY vaccinated or faking it. As you say it doesn't bother me and I will probably wear mine for a month or two even after the rules are changed.

Also it covers my face....which is a gift to everyone
I seriously have pondered this. I have a photo of my vaccination card. I may just whip it out. Or wear a shirt / patch that says, yes, I'm vaccinated.

Part of me thinks other than the low chance of transmission and virtually no deaths/hospitalizations for those vaccinated, the CDC also knows it will take a while for people to adjust, so do it a bit early to give folks time.

At least it seems like most/all people here have thoughtful reasons.

FYI

I have no idea where my vaccination cards located. I was probably one of the first to get vaccinated and had no idea a card could be important at some point.

Similar to my plan.

I went to a Publix during lunch and Costco yesterday after work.

I was shocked how busy they were. Still like 95% mask usage. In publix,.saw two people without one. In Costco, I really only noticed one older lady, wearing plastic gloves, and her mask was on her chin.

Still waaaaaay too many people wearing them outside though. I get it, like if you're pushing a cart, you just haven't had time to take it off, without stopping in front of someone.
Yeah, I tend to take mine off when I get to the car just cuz my hands are full. But when walking the dog or getting mail, no mask. I don't get masking up while outside, but, if someone wants to, ok then.

The schools issue is more tricky though. Students and teachers being in close proximity for several hours per day is a far different scenario than briefly being exposed to a lot of different people in a store a few times each week. Everyone physically at the schools should be required to be vaccinated, no exceptions imo. Similar to requirements at many medical facilities.

Friends of my wife (i guess they are my friends too) wanted us to come wirh them to see a local cover band that they all like on Saturday night. Well, my wife and I worked our daughters Softball tournament all day and was too tired that night to go out. They were posting pictures all night.
Fast forward to Monday evening, one of her friends sends a group message and says that her husband tested positive for Covid on Sunday evening and he had been sick all week. But his sick asz was being all up on people at the bar. His wife has the vax, but he refuses to get it. These are the kind of people who keep us in this mess. Now i know our other friends, her and her husband have it, but i do not know about the others who were there with them. That was just a dick move for him to go out with them KNOWING he was sick, enough where he knew he needed to get tested the next day.
This guy would be banned from being a friend in the future. What a selfish person.

I have no idea where my vaccination cards located. I was probably one of the first to get vaccinated and had no idea a card could be important at some point.
Check with the place you received the vaccine. They most likely have a record from you. Doctors also recommend not getting it laminated. The reason is they don't know yet if a booster will be required later. If so,it can be written on the card. I keep mine in a zip lock bag.

Not sure that the card is yet important.

The vaccination card that Ochsner gave us after my son's vaccination yesterday didn't even have his name filled in. Seems somewhat less than official.

Not sure that the card is yet important.

The vaccination card that Ochsner gave us after my son's vaccination yesterday didn't even have his name filled in. Seems somewhat less than official.
The long term future,maybe not. Right now airlines and cruise ships require them to board.

Was the patient # lined filled in?

The long term future, maybe not. Right now airlines and cruise ships require them to board.

Was the patient # lined filled in?
The patient number line was also left blank. The entire top of his card was left blank. I don't know if it was because he is a minor without official ID or not. I asked before we went out there if I needed to bring his birth certificate or anything like that and they told me "no".

Luckily, I know his Ochsner MRN (medical record number), so I will fill that number in under his name.

EDIT: Now that I think about it ... his MRN might be in small print on a sticker they affixed to the card to indicate date and type of shot. Will look at it more closely when I get home.

This guy would be banned from being a friend in the future. What a selfish person.
well, I don't really consider him a friend. My wife is good friends with his wife, so i'm only "friends" with him through my wife. He's always been a little on the strange side. He isn't someone who i would ever hang out with unless it was a group thing. I don't want to alienate him completely because he is a Notary and i like to take advantage of that free service. lol.

I would think that the CDC has some sort of system for keeping track of who is vaccinated and that wherever you got it has the information. Could be a pain to get it, but I'm sure if you really need it you can get confirmation that you are vaccinated.

Since my second shot (Moderna) I have eaten inside restaurants, worked out at the gym, had a great Mother’s Day with some extended family and friends (all vaccinated), and flew to New Orleans for my buddy’s 50th birthday party.

Everyone has different risk tolerance but I wasn’t doing those things before becoming fully vaccinated. And I’m still just stopping to think every now and then as I do these things that the vaccine made it possible and what an outstanding job our medical researcher and developers did.

Just got back from getting the Janssen shot. Didn't realize it doesn't require a 2nd. The card I got won't fit into a billfold and I wish it was smaller and laminated.
Get the LA Wallet app. It's currently free. You can get your digital driver's license and connect to LDH to have you vaccine info downloaded to the app.

ETA: anyone in the state should get this app now while it's free. Typically it's a $5 - $6 fee that's paid every time you renew your license. But there's no charge right now.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom