Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (5 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 221 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 50 18.7%

• Total voters

Zztop

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Well...after being in early menopause after the Moderna shot for four months and being on hormones replacement therapy, my wife’s cycle has returned. Looks like things are finally stabilizing. It’d something that indeed needs to be researched. My wife will be looking at the other options next year, but won’t be getting the booster this year (for obvious reasons). We’ll also wait for studies to come out before vaccinated our children entering puberty.
on the flip side, there are links to erectile dysfunction and covid infection

whiteshadowen

Millsaps TC forever
Reaction score
I stand corrected on that detail, Not FDA approved for EU yet, but has been given compassionate use approval by NIH and is in use at multiple hospitals and if you get covid you can find a doctor and get prescribed that regimen. It has been approved for full use by many countries already. We could go back and forth all day with links one way or another. Here's the one for the compassionate use approval. There are many more. But I am dropping out of this convo because it has just turned into another case where when an individual does not conform to the approved position they get mocked and shamed. Good luck to you and I mean that.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I stand corrected on that detail, Not FDA approved for EU yet, but has been given compassionate use approval by NIH and is in use at multiple hospitals and if you get covid you can find a doctor and get prescribed that regimen. It has been approved for full use by many countries already. We could go back and forth all day with links one way or another. Here's the one for the compassionate use approval. There are many more. But I am dropping out of this convo because it has just turned into another case where when an individual does not conform to the approved position they get mocked and shamed. Good luck to you and I mean that.
Again, the problem is you're ignoring the posts that are rebutting your arguments and you've provided little based in fact. No one here has mocked you, but like I stated you're free to not get the vaccine, but your justifications for not doing so are based in falsehoods. Simple as that.

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Again, the problem is you're ignoring the posts that are rebutting your arguments and you've provided little based in fact. No one here has mocked you, but like I stated you're free to not get the vaccine, but your justifications for not doing so are based in falsehoods. Simple as that.
The link he posted also comes from a questionable website. Calling it far right is giving it too much credit.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, the buring platform dot com said it, I stand corrected...... 🙄

Reaction score
Haven't they already gone through trials though? I doubt the FDA would approve the 12-17 group without trials. I'm pretty sure the subgroups you're referencing have participated in those trials as well, although I don't know if that's part of a larger group, or that subgroup separately.
The Pfizer study had about 3000 people...and they studied for a few months. It was funded by Pfizer. The study wasn’t powered enough to look at many side effects. Essentially, the study was just conducted to determine the vaccine didn’t cause increased mortality compared to placebo...there weren’t deaths in either group...so it wasn’t even powered enough to do that.

I’m 100% all aboard on vaccinating adults. There will he side effects experienced (such as my wife), but I still think that the vaccine greatly outweighs the risks of getting COVID for adults. I’m not as sure about Peds. When you are implementing a treatment, you have to determine whether the effect size is width it. Reminds me of Michael Scott’s race to find a cure for Rabies. It was just silly considering that human rabies cases are pretty uncommon. Well...that’s where I’m at with Peds vaccinations for COVID. WE are almost at herd immunity WITHOUT Peds vaccines this round...so why with this population? My best guess is that Pfizer sees this as a significant opportunity and I can see the benefit from a public health standpoint. If next year rolls around and someone other than Pfizer does quality, unbiased research on Peds safety with the vaccine and this little amenorrhea thing gets figured out...I’ll be willing to have my kids vaccinated. If not...I’ll wait until the following year.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There have been a few trials using that med in various third world countries, and a lot of what was shown was that it expelled the virus in a few less days. But I didn't see much on severity. Not sure it's any better that cortisteroids.

Reaction score
View attachment 158079
NY Times finally added this data.

51% of all US adults are fully vaccinated, 62% have had one dose.
I know many people who have told me that they are close to getting the vaccine. They are in the wait in see crowd. So though the rate has slowed...people are still getting them.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know many people who have told me that they are close to getting the vaccine. They are in the wait in see crowd. So though the rate has slowed...people are still getting them.
Better late than not at all. Hopefully they keep trickling in.

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Better late than not at all. Hopefully they keep trickling in.
I'm beginning to lose faith in my state. I just checked the updated chart Ward posted a few days ago. Mississipians are. 29% fully vaccinated and 33% have received one dose. We'll never reach herd immunity with those numbers. LA.and Ala. are not
much better.

Reaction score
I'm beginning to lose faith in my state. I just checked the updated chart Ward posted a few days ago. Mississipians are. 29% fully vaccinated and 33% have received one dose. We'll never reach herd immunity with those numbers. LA.and Ala. are not
much better.
I wouldn’t worry about it. Mississippi achieved herd immunity against the Flu of 1918. And it was done with even fewer public health initiatives and no vaccine.

Those that get vaccinated will have a high level of protection and those that don’t will either get COVID or won’t because it’ll be burnt out by then. The rate in the state is still steeply declining and the lowest they have been in more than a year. The benefit of the vaccine is reaching herd immunity sooner. But herd immunity will be reached either way. I can’t see how anyone can look at the plummeting rates and say anything different.

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about it. Mississippi achieved herd immunity against the Flu of 1918. And it was done with even fewer public health initiatives and no vaccine.

Those that get vaccinated will have a high level of protection and those that don’t will either get COVID or won’t because it’ll be burnt out by then. The rate in the state is still steeply declining and the lowest they have been in more than a year. The benefit of the vaccine is reaching herd immunity sooner. But herd immunity will be reached either way. I can’t see how anyone can look at the plummeting rates and say anything different.
One thing that surprised me is 70% of the Asain population in Ms have been vaccinated.The rest of the ethnic groups were in the 20-25% range. That's good news for the coast. We have a large Vietnamese community. I know many personally and everyone of them I know have been fully vaccinated.

Reaction score
I know we think of herd immunity as some sort of magic number but that’s just not the case. Yes...COVID is as contagious in MS as NYC. But population density is really important when looking at how many will get infected by a single host. MS is protected by having relatively low population and less interstate and international travel. So there’s a much better chance that an illness is confined in Ocean Springs than a major metropolitan area. Absolutely...NYC needs a significant percentage of their population vaccinated for local herd immunity because there is so much higher opportunity for exposure. I suspect that if close to 50% of MS is vaccinated that you’d be doing pretty well.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know we think of herd immunity as some sort of magic number but that’s just not the case. Yes...COVID is as contagious in MS as NYC. But population density is really important when looking at how many will get infected by a single host. MS is protected by having relatively low population and less interstate and international travel. So there’s a much better chance that an illness is confined in Ocean Springs than a major metropolitan area. Absolutely...NYC needs a significant percentage of their population vaccinated for local herd immunity because there is so much higher opportunity for exposure. I suspect that if close to 50% of MS is vaccinated that you’d be doing pretty well.
There are a few counties in Mississippi with approximately 45% or so of 18+ vaccinated.

Most are in the 20-35% range.

1622483237757.png

On the macro level... Outside of the 65+ group, they (MS) are heavily lagging.

1622483437184.png

1622483521049.png

If you take a look at total population, 27% of MS people are fully vaccinated, and 34% have had one shot.

there are a lot of states with similar or smaller population densities that are well past MS. Some of that may be just how tiny their populations are, so it's easier to reach a lot of people, despite resistance.

1622483700958.png

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
There are a few counties in Mississippi with approximately 45% or so of 18+ vaccinated.

Most are in the 20-35% range.

View attachment 158099

On the macro level... Outside of the 65+ group, they (MS) are heavily lagging.

View attachment 158100

View attachment 158101

If you take a look at total population, 27% of MS people are fully vaccinated, and 34% have had one shot.

there are a lot of states with similar or smaller population densities that are well past MS. Some of that may be just how tiny their populations are, so it's easier to reach a lot of people, despite resistance.

View attachment 158102
Ms. ranks 34th in population. It's not a big state population wise. There are states with smaller populations blowing LA. Ms. and Ala. out of the water. I'm looking at Maine,NH,Delaware ,Kansas,Nebraska , Montana and North and South Dakota. Ignorance and stubborness are the only reasons I can think of. It's been two months since you could walk into a local pharmacy and get vaccinated for free. There really is no excuse to not get vaccinated

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom