Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (3 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 221 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 50 18.7%

• Total voters

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm asking a question for those more knowledgeable than I. Is the J&J vaccine which is one dose counted as fully vaccinated or those who have received one shot?
The CDC says:
For the purposes of this guidance, people are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or ≥2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson [J&J]/Janssen)±; there is currently no post-vaccination time limit on fully vaccinated status.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In 1946, Albert Einstein paid a visit to Lincoln University, a historically Black university. Like many scholars who fled Nazi Germany, he found his place among Black people. That’s because, after escaping harm, many Jews found they weren’t embraced in the U.S., either. Both groups found common ground as they experienced bigotry and discrimination great enough to cause their deaths.

Three-quarters of a century later, certain Americans who are neither Jewish nor Black believe they, too, are experiencing a similar oppression. Apparently, being told to wear a mask and get a vaccination to stop the spread of a deadly virus means they now know what it’s like to live in Nazi Germany.

After months of ludicrous comparisons between fascism and public health measures during a pandemic, this false equivalence reached its natural conclusion when the owner of a Nashville, Tennessee, hat store decided to sell yellow stars like those Jews were forced to wear under the Third Reich embroidered with the words “Not Vaccinated.”

It’s no coincidence that this hyperbolic outrage is coming from people who’ve always had rights and never known what true oppression is. They think their children are suffering and missing out on childhood because of mask mandates. That the government overstepped its boundaries in forcing people to wear them in Target. That being vaccinated is the equivalent of facing genocide.

Indeed, the commonality among the people crying fascism over the mask mandates and vaccine guidelines is that they come from the groups that are the most secure in American society. There’s one answer to how someone could draw a comparison between getting vaccinated and one of the worst atrocities of modern history: privilege..............

Last edited by a moderator:

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
In 1946, Albert Einstein paid a visit to Lincoln University, a historically Black university. Like many scholars who fled Nazi Germany, he found his place among Black people. That’s because, after escaping harm, many Jews found they weren’t embraced in the U.S., either. Both groups found common ground as they experienced bigotry and discrimination great enough to cause their deaths.

Three-quarters of a century later, certain Americans who are neither Jewish nor Black believe they, too, are experiencing a similar oppression. Apparently, being told to wear a mask and get a vaccination to stop the spread of a deadly virus means they now know what it’s like to live in Nazi Germany.

After months of ludicrous comparisons between fascism and public health measures during a pandemic, this false equivalence reached its natural conclusion when the owner of a Nashville, Tennessee, hat store decided to sell yellow stars like those Jews were forced to wear under the Third Reich embroidered with the words “Not Vaccinated.”

It’s no coincidence that this hyperbolic outrage is coming from people who’ve always had rights and never known what true oppression is. They think their children are suffering and missing out on childhood because of mask mandates. That the government overstepped its boundaries in forcing people to wear them in Target. That being vaccinated is the equivalent of facing genocide.

Indeed, the commonality among the people crying fascism over the mask mandates and vaccine guidelines is that they come from the groups that are the most secure in American society. There’s one answer to how someone could draw a comparison between getting vaccinated and one of the worst atrocities of modern history: privilege..............

I had an African American customer at a previous job many years ago. He was retired military. He told me Germany was the only place he was stationed where he did not see any racism.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score

That was my comment as well (on MAP), "These people have no idea what real persecution is."

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In my role, I'm an onsite vendor supporting one of our larger customers. The customer today sent email that they are bringing people back to work on July 1st, and if you have been vaccinated, you can upload a pic of your vaccination card and no longer wear a mask inside the building. I was talking to one of my contractors if he saw the email, he said he did, but then went on a bit of an anti-vaxxer rant. Saying how people get vaccinations since they are babies and all of it can't be good for the body, so he wasn't getting it. Besides he already had Covid so he has natural vaccination. I told him the customer's policy only applies to vaccinations from Pfizer, Moderna and J&J; and has nothing about recovering naturally from Covid infection. And to please continue wearing a mask because his situation doesn't meet the customer's policy. :jpshakehead:

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In my role, I'm an onsite vendor supporting one of our larger customers. The customer today sent email that they are bringing people back to work on July 1st, and if you have been vaccinated, you can upload a pic of your vaccination card and no longer wear a mask inside the building. I was talking to one of my contractors if he saw the email, he said he did, but then went on a bit of an anti-vaxxer rant. Saying how people get vaccinations since they are babies and all of it can't be good for the body, so he wasn't getting it. Besides he already had Covid so he has natural vaccination. I told him the customer's policy only applies to vaccinations from Pfizer, Moderna and J&J; and has nothing about recovering naturally from Covid infection. And to please continue wearing a mask because his situation doesn't meet the customer's policy. :jpshakehead:
Did you tell him without all those vaccines and modern medicine (and better living conditions), the average life expectancy at birth in the US prior to the Small pox vaccine (1796) was about 39-40 years.

And, he clearly has been vaccinated as a kid. Isn't it good he hasn't had polio, or measles, or had Rubella and passed it on to a pregnant woman (causes miscarriage)?

We still have over 100,000 kids die globally from the Measles, mostly due to lack of vaccine access.

1623181171740.png

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Did you tell him without all those vaccines and modern medicine (and better living conditions), the average life expectancy at birth in the US prior to the Small pox vaccine (1796) was about 39-40 years.

And, he clearly has been vaccinated as a kid. Isn't it good he hasn't had polio, or measles, or had Rubella and passed it on to a pregnant woman (causes miscarriage)?

We still have over 100,000 kids die globally from the Measles, mostly due to lack of vaccine access.

View attachment 158373
I'll do you one better. The average life expectancy in ancient Egypt was a mere 26. The reason? Tooth decay. We had no anti-biotics to stop their infectious spread to the brain and ultimate death

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I'll do you one better. The average life expectancy in ancient Egypt was a mere 26. The reason? Tooth decay. We had no anti-biotics to stop their infectious spread to the brain and ultimate death
They had Snicker bars and Mt. Dew back then 😉!

Last edited:

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
They had Snicker bars and Mt. Dew back than 😉!
know you were joking , but the 8th Potus of the USA died from diarrheah. Matrin Van Burnen. It wasn't announced as the cause of death,and due to embarrassment. A modern dose of pepto bismol would have save his life. The good old days weren't always to good old days

OP
Dre

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The irony is that perhaps it was the childhood vaccinations that made him the moron he is today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom