Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (25 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
I'm not understanding people not wanting to eliminate those risks and consequences if they could
Is your point that it's irrational? I mean, it certainly is so I get that. Explain to me my rationale for why I haven't gotten a regular flu shot in YEARS using the argument that I haven't HAD the flu in years and I was not likely to be in a high-risk environment to either contract it or conversely spread it ....

But I went and got the COVID shot as soon as I was eligible not because I was personally scared of getting it but just to "be in that number". It makes no sense.

Work lifted mandatory mask wearing if you are 2 weeks out of vaccination. I couldn’t take my mask off fast enough
So far, it hasn't been discussed here. At least, I haven't heard anything, but that may not mean much. haha.

My wife and I are on a very extended vacation throughout the country. We left on our trip after we were well past two weeks from our second vaccine shots. (Pfizer for her and Moderna for me.) My wife has a photo of her vaccine card on her phone, my card is in a plastic card holder and in my wallet.

We have been in states that were still in a near lockdown situation, we have been in "open" states and we have been in places where they have transitioned into an "open" status while we were there. In one "open" state, some businesses still have "no mask, no service" signs, while other businesses have signs that state if you are fully vaccinated you are exempt from mask requirements. We follow the guidelines of each business that we choose to enter. (We have made decisions based on signs as to whether or not we will enter.) The major hotel chains are still in the "mandatory mask" camp. Will be interesting to see if this changes anytime soon.

Well my wife and two daughters (14 and 18) finally got their first shot. No sides other than a sore arm, which is a good thing. Anxiously awaiting approval for younger age groups to receive vaccination. My 6-year old son is the odd man out.

As far as proof of vaccination, this really should be something stored to a database created and maintained by the CDC. You should be able to access your record by logging in to a secure site. You can then download a copy, or present on your smartphone. For those without a phone, just access via desktop and download a copy. As you get your shots, this data should be fed by the doctors to the CDC database. Carrying paper records seems old school.

I mentioned this last week in the drinking thread but my aunt was near death (brain cancer) and last week my two cousins, all 3 of one of my cousin's children & my mom all rushed out to be with her in her last moments

My cousin's older daughter had been exposed to rona via her roomie or someone (they live in Montana) then flew down to AZ with her mom & siblings. Every single person who was there has now tested positive for COVID - INCLUDING MY MOM WHO WAS FULLY VACCINATED BACK IN MARCH/APRIL (Pfizer) and she's pretty sick.

To say I am worried is the understatement of the century.

Also, both my mom & one of my cousins initially got the rapid test when they began feeling ill which came back negative. When they continued feeling ill, went for the PCR test and it came back positive.

I mentioned this last week in the drinking thread but my aunt was near death (brain cancer) and last week my two cousins, all 3 of one of my cousin's children & my mom all rushed out to be with her in her last moments

My cousin's older daughter had been exposed to rona via her roomie or someone (they live in Montana) then flew down to AZ with her mom & siblings. Every single person who was there has now tested positive for COVID - INCLUDING MY MOM WHO WAS FULLY VACCINATED BACK IN MARCH/APRIL (Pfizer) and she's pretty sick.

To say I am worried is the understatement of the century.

Also, both my mom & one of my cousins initially got the rapid test when they began feeling ill which came back negative. When they continued feeling ill, went for the PCR test and it came back positive.
I'm so sorry to hear that CCS, I hope your mom and the rest of your family recover. Did the exposed person who traveled know that she'd been exposed before hopping on that plane?

. Every single person who was there has now tested positive for COVID - INCLUDING MY MOM WHO WAS FULLY VACCINATED BACK IN MARCH/APRIL (Pfizer) and she's pretty sick.

I am sorry for you CCS having to personally go though all this, and i hope everyone pulls through ok.

On a societal level, your line i quoted above is - well, ‘terrible news’ doesnt seem to cover it.. it’s been known that fully vaccinated people can and do still contract Covid.. but supposedly they dont get very sick from it.. i have one week left til I’m two weeks past my second dose and have been feeling, if not bulletproof- then at least a lot more invincible compared to before.. not really sure what to make of all this.

I'm so sorry to hear that CCS, I hope your mom and the rest of your family recover. Did the exposed person who traveled know that she'd been exposed before hopping on that plane?
Who knows. My cousin is "not sure how she feels about the vaccine". She is not a Trumpster but she's one of these weirdo hippies that believes green juice is all you need to stay healthy. Ironically, her mom was the same way and refused chemo after she got diagnosed with cervical cancer "I'm not putting that poison in my body" & docs told that they couldn't guarantee the hysterectomy would get it all. Exactly what the doctors told her ended up happening and the cancer spread to her lungs then brain.

Her daughter is only like 23-25 years old, was on meth for a number of years (appears to be clean right now) so I really don't know how good any of their judgment is or how honest with themselves or others they can be.

My mom said that my cousin, while sitting waiting for the rapid test results was basically like "I just gotta get on the plane and get home". My mom was like no, absolutely not. If you are positive, you need to rent a car and drive home if you are that insistent on going back there.

I finally talked to mom. She said that she's sleeping a lot and feels like she has a bad head cold, she's okay. i.e. not begging to go to the hospital or anything.

Holy shirt. CCS I am so sorry. Keep us posted. My mom is fully vaccinated as well and she was going To visit someone sick but at home. I told her how uncomfortable I am with it. Supposedly went yesterday. I am about to go see her to see.

Holy shirt. CCS I am so sorry. Keep us posted. My mom is fully vaccinated as well and she was going To visit someone sick but at home. I told her how uncomfortable I am with it. Supposedly went yesterday. I am about to go see her to see.
I think it would have been fine if they had just like met for dinner. But my cousin & her kids initially rented this house when they first got to AZ. They knew my aunt was getting pretty bad so had planned the trip. Anyway, they had already been there for around 5 days and their last night there, my aunt took a turn for the worst.

So they called everyone and said that the hospice nurse had said if she lived 24 more hours she would be surprised (she lived another 3 days). That Monday, my cousin's kids all flew back home as planned, my cousin extended her stay but moved to a little cabin by where my aunt lives. Then by Wednesday, her sister & my mom had made it out there (driving) and were all in that same little cabin together.

So they were all in close quarters, not masked up or anything. I think if you just stop by, stay masked up and practice good hygiene and are vaxxed up, it would be okay but none of that was happening and my mom was the only one who was vaccinated out of the group.

Also makes me wonder if my aunt took a turn for the worst on the last planned day of my cousin's trip bc she had contracted COVID and her already incredibly weak immune system just couldn't handle it and it did her in. She would have died in the next few months anyway but this just sort of accelerated everything. That's my theory anyway.

I am sorry for you CCS having to personally go though all this, and i hope everyone pulls through ok.

On a societal level, your line i quoted above is - well, ‘terrible news’ doesnt seem to cover it.. it’s been known that fully vaccinated people can and do still contract Covid.. but supposedly they dont get very sick from it.. i have one week left til I’m two weeks past my second dose and have been feeling, if not bulletproof- then at least a lot more invincible compared to before.. not really sure what to make of all this.
Thanks. I just have a lot of anxiety around it because I have already lost my dad & both of my siblings. We lost my mom's brother in February to COVID and now my aunt just having passed, it's just a lot and stressing me the fork out. My mom is all I have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom