Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (13 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
1000X this. I have to admit ... a lot of what I've been seeing/hearing coming out of this pandemic has led me mentally take patient-care medical professionals off the pedestal. Just seems like the number of selfless kick-butt professionals is offset by the number of willfully ill-informed professionals. Probably not a fair take, but there it is.

96% of docs are vaccinated, so it could be a loud mouthed one in the minority.

that said it is <50% among nurses. Having spoken to many personally about this, they cite autoimmune disease risk and fertility risk. There’s no evidence to support this, and there is no proving a negative; but this sort of thing is apparently concerning for young women (who dominate the nursing field).

It is absolutely remarkable to me. I have patients who have refused the vaccine but are more than happy to be treated with monoclonal antibodies (antibodies made in a lab--which I do recommend if they qualify), or even hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin or whatever the F they are reading on social media as some lifesaver (also, none of the drugs any of them have brought up are totally innocuous). They want that stuff, but the thought of the vaccine is disgusting to them.

It is like a la carte science/medicine. Except they do not listen to the experts.
Do you mention that monoclonal antibodies are also EUA? Lol.

That said it is <50% among nurses. Having spoken to many personally about this, they cite autoimmune disease risk and fertility risk.
What makes them think this? I know they're not on the front line of immunological research -- so who are they trusting for vaccine info?

96% of docs are vaccinated, so it could be a loud mouthed one in the minority.

that said it is <50% among nurses. Having spoken to many personally about this, they cite autoimmune disease risk and fertility risk. There’s no evidence to support this, and there is no proving a negative; but this sort of thing is apparently concerning for young women (who dominate the nursing field).
Yup.

And for pregnant women, actually catching covid is far more likely to damage the fetus or cause miscarriage.

Oh, and fellas, covid can potentially mess with your testicles. There are some concerns that catching covid can affect male fertility. Just concerns now.

Yup.

And for pregnant women, actually catching covid is far more likely to damage the fetus or cause miscarriage.

Oh, and fellas, covid can potentially mess with your testicles. There are some concerns that catching covid can affect male fertility. Just concerns now.

exactly! People don’t want the vaccine because of fertility concerns. Jesus, I’d be more concerned from covid itself

That's dumb too, not scientific at all. And hyperbolic.

There's nothing hyperbolic about someone's body telling them that they desperately need air but every breath they take is proving to be woefully unproductive. Being on mechanical ventilation is one thing when your body is too weak to breathe on its own, but mechanical ventilation when the efficiency of oxygen transfer is seriously disrupted is something else entirely.

I can assure you of two things. 1.) it's not pleasant, but on top of that 2.) waking up to discover that you're not breathing on your own nor is it greatly beneficial is jarring. So while this commercial may not depict every conscious waken moment COVID patients in ICU will have, it sure as hell depicts one they can have.

There's nothing hyperbolic about that 30 second clip to anyone who has a pulse and an ounce of humanity. This is an ugly debilitating disease with long term ramifications that we haven't even began to uncover yet people are approaching it as if it's a choice between getting lobster rolls or shrimp salad poolside at a boutique hotel.

1000X this. I have to admit ... a lot of what I've been seeing/hearing coming out of this pandemic has led me mentally take patient-care medical professionals off the pedestal. Just seems like the number of selfless kick-butt professionals is offset by the number of willfully ill-informed professionals. Probably not a fair take, but there it is.
EDIT: y'all were already all over this.

just found out my cousin ad his nurse girlfriend are not vaccinated due to misinformation she's been feeding him

And because she works in a hospital he assumes she knows what she's talking about and has access to info most people don't

just found out my cousin ad his nurse girlfriend are not vaccinated due to misinformation she's been feeding him

And because she works in a hospital he assumes she knows what she's talking about and has access to info most people don't
Working on a website for the pharmacy where we received our vaccinations and had a meeting with the pharmacist/client this morning. We talked about the disappointing, stagnant rate of vaccinations and he also mentioned nurses as being one of the most reluctant to get the vaccine. And they're spouting the same, now debunked, conspiracy theories (one being the tracking device).

And your second sentence is really a big problem. Because they are in the medical field, a lot of misguided credence is given to their stance. And they're very active on social media.

Last edited:
Probably 60% of my insane antivaxxer cousin's "proof" of whatever she is pushing that day is sharing TikToks of nurses babbling nonsense.

Yeah, my daughter is studying to become a nurse. She was required by the school to get vaccinated because she was interning and working at the hospital there. She tells me some of the nurses she worked with are absolutely looney tunes.

Most nurses are great. But i know one who thinks she knows more than any doctor. If thats true, why aren't you a doctor?

My wife, my sisters and some friends went on a girls trip. My sister was trashed one night. Before she passed out, my wife gave her a some advil so her hangover wouldn't be as bad in the morning.
She said the one friend's daughter who is a nurse found out and got P'Oed and was like, YOU CANNOT TAKE ADVIL ON AN EMPTY STOMACH, IT COULD KILL YOU! So she proceeds to try and shove bread down my sisters throat while she is passed out. My wife was like get your crazy arse out of here and had to dig all the bread out of her mouth so she didn't choke to death. My wife was like i take them all the time and (800mg) and my doctor said it was fine to take them on an empty stomach. Plus, they had been drinking all night, her stomach wasn't empty.. Crazy arse...

This is what concerns me most in cases like this. The amount of times I've heard someone say "My friend is a nurse and she said..." as basis for not getting a vaccine or downplaying the whole situation is staggering.

I've also learned that people grossly overestimate the medical science knowledge and expertise of nurses. They are not doctors. They are not researchers or scientists. They are not virologists. In most respects they are no more qualified to comment on pandemics and vaccines than a random guy hanging outside of a liquor store. This isn't a "I work in a hospital/for a doctor, so I'm an expert" situation, much as people seem to believe this.
Don't let a few bad apples lead you to disrespecting their profession. I can't speak for all,but I can speak for my daughter. She follows the Dr's advice. Most nurses do. There are also doctors out there who don't believe in the vaccines,and yeah I don't want them touching me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom