Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (52 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 232 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 55 19.4%

• Total voters

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I guess the thing people are looking at now is space between doses. That Israel at three weeks between shots may be less potent than the UK stretching it out to like 12. In which case boosters would obviously be needed. And for the U.S., where we did four weeks, we would probably be in that same hypothetical boat.

But Israel isn't releasing raw data and their overall numbers are still comparatively low so it's all just speculation for now.

Interesting. My Pfizer doses were three weeks apart; 3/24 - 4/14.

rail

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Sadly I still know people refusing to get the vaccine. I’ve heard several excuses why,

It triggers the flu, or it is just another form of flu.

My doctor has the remedies in case I catch it.

My religion says it’s a sin.

and on, and on.
I'm doubtful, but maybe . . . just maybe, some of this info helps dispel those excuses. Worth it if it even helps 1 person.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I guess the thing people are looking at now is space between doses. That Israel at three weeks between shots may be less potent than the UK stretching it out to like 12. In which case boosters would obviously be needed. And for the U.S., where we did four weeks, we would probably be in that same hypothetical boat.

But Israel isn't releasing raw data and their overall numbers are still comparatively low so it's all just speculation for now.

Yeah, it's hard to know what to make of Israel's numbers. I'd like to see if data from other countries matches up.

Reaction score
I'm doubtful, but maybe . . . just maybe, some of this info helps dispel those excuses. Worth it if it even helps 1 person.

Just listened to this. It breaks down how the anti-vax system works.

Arathrael

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score

There's potentially other factors as well. In addition to different approaches to vaccine dosing, there's variants - although I'd guess Israel is fairly good with genomic sequencing so in theory we'd know if a new variant was a factor - and there's also the potential impact of other restrictions.

There's the hypothesis that the initial dose of virus causing infection has a relationship to the severity of the resulting disease. It doesn't seem a stretch to suggest that it could also have a relationship to the effectiveness of the vaccine in preventing the disease (that is, where a vaccine response might prevent infection from a smaller initial viral dose, it might not be able to for a higher initial viral dose, i.e. bigger initial viral dose, relatively higher chance of infection).

And if that's the case, then other measures like masking, social distancing, and large-scale events, which can affect both whether individuals are exposed and the typical level of their exposure could affect the real-world efficacy of the vaccines.

That's hypothetical, but if that was the case, we'd see a drop in efficiency in the UK soon, since we've just made mask wearing and social distancing optional and opened up nightclubs...

brandon8283

Probably a drive-by
Reaction score
I have bad news coming out of our school district. We just shut down our band camp due to 3 positives.

2 of those positives were fully vaccinated.

Our district did really really well last year. The band went all year with zero outbreaks…but only managed 8 hours with delta.

SaintRob

Who Dat!
Reaction score
I have bad news coming out of our school district. We just shut down our band camp due to 3 positives.

2 of those positives were fully vaccinated.

Our district did really really well last year. The band went all year with zero outbreaks…but only managed 8 hours with delta.
Were they symptomatic and went to get tested or were tests required and two came up positive?

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
We are approaching surge numbers again. This is today's numbers from the LDH. Absolutely forking ridiculous to be going in the wrong direction again. With all the data out there, there's no excuse for any eligible person to not be vaccinated but stupidity.

1626806591593.jpeg

Last edited:

brandon8283

Probably a drive-by
Reaction score
Were they symptomatic and went to get tested or were tests required and two came up positive?
One was a close contact that was required to be tested...ironically the unvaccinated one. The other two were fully vaccinated but mildly symptomatic, including loss of smell and taste, and went to get tested.

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Unless all the experts are part of the overall sinister plot aimed at control of the masses through the altering of DNA.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We are approaching surge numbers again. This is today's numbers from the LDH. Absolutely forking ridiculous to be going in the wrong direction again. With all the data out there, there's no excuse for any eligible person to not be vaccinated but stupidity.

View attachment 160095

Masks are coming back. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Dome rules changed.

Delta is changing everything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom