Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (22 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
They didn't halt the actual shots, just the outreach advertising for kids to come in and get vaccinated. I heard part of the story from the doctor that was fired. Apparently providers were in situations where 16 and 17 year olds were coming in without their parents to get shots and those providers were asking for advice of what to do in those situations. The doctor checked with legal who pointed her to a Tennessee Supreme Court decision that stated that kids 14 and up can make medical decisions for themselves without their parents. She wrote up a memo and sent it to the providers. That messaging apparently flipped the crazy switch for some, calling for the elimination of the department of health. What happened since, including her firing, is the extreme overreation to that memo which was simply reporting settled case law in the state.

Crazy times man. Crazy times.

SFIAH

For more:

Getting fired over answering a question that’s backed up by law, these are strange times we live in

Getting fired over answering a question that’s backed up by law, these are strange times we live in

It's crazy, but it wasn't just answering a question. It was in written guidance from the state department of health.

To be clear I don't think that changes anything - it's entirely proper for the agency to state what the law is in Tennessee. But the wackos in the state house flipped their sheet. Because that's what they do.

Yeah, I had a smoking person telling me how she was never getting the vaccine while I was in line to pick up a prescription for my daughter today. She was arguing about the cost of her shingles medicine.

I nearly puked.
I had a 66 year old patient with basically every medial problem on about 14 medications for all of her high risk conditions. She kept complaining about her mask, and since this was during the lull in cases (about 6 weeks ago), I was going to let her remove it while we spoke. But first I asked if she was vaccinated (which at this point, I assumed she was), and she said she was scared how the vaccine was going to affect her medications (so she remained unvaccinated). I had her continue to wear her mask. While she was annoyed about that, she was even more upset that I counseled her (politely but sternly) on her faulty reasoning.

Last edited:

So just so we're clear, we knew that the people using "my body, my choice" were being hypocritical when they co-opted the abortion slogan for anti-vax, but now they're making it clear that they didn't even mean it for people who wanted to get a vaccine.

They're basically saying "my body, your body, everybody's body, my choice."

As Florida enters an obvious new and concerning Covid spike, Governor DeSantis markets "don't Fauci my Florida" merchandise.

1626271574772.png

Everyone loves to dunk on Florida and Texas but the truth is that they have been useful guinea pigs as they play with fire. I remember the panic about Texas removing mask mandates, and then nothing really happened. So other more cautious states then realized it was OK to open up. Now with the delta variant, it appears to be a major problem in unvaccinated pockets but its not spreading like wildfire through more highly vaccinated areas. We're at the point where the consequences of being selfish and stupid are more personal, so at this point I'm happy to live and let die

Everyone loves to dunk on Florida and Texas but the truth is that they have been useful guinea pigs as they play with fire. I remember the panic about Texas removing mask mandates, and then nothing really happened. So other more cautious states then realized it was OK to open up. Now with the delta variant, it appears to be a major problem in unvaccinated pockets but its not spreading like wildfire through more highly vaccinated areas. We're at the point where the consequences of being selfish and stupid are more personal, so at this point I'm happy to live and let die

I hear you. I can't quite agree, as I have two children who can't be vaccinated yet, so it's a concern that ever more dangerous variants continue to emerge as the unvaccinated population spreads the virus. But there certainly is some darwinism going on in all of this.

Something in that article stated that one reason to stop mailing post cards to teens was to avoid solitizing minors. I wonder if there is a lawsuit.

Also, there has been some weird stuff with eye and dental insurance lately. When a kid turns 17 or 18, you can't view them in your insurance. Now even my wife's EOB's are pulled out and either she needs her own account or needs to give me permission to view. Not sure if all that goes together, but they sure are making it harder to keep track of family info.

Edit: nevermind, I saw the other tweet about the outrage.

Last edited:
I did as well. Thank God, I've never suffered from it,but I did have chicken pox as a kid. I saw what it did to my nephew. He could only sleep in a recliner sitting up. If you ever had chicken pox,getting the shingles vaccine is a wise idea.
I never got chicken pox as a kid. Despite trying. I should talk to my doc about that.

Interesting that Duval county has the second highest raw average daily numbers.

Miami Dade has continued to be weird. High vaccination rage. About 1/5th of the population has had covid. Still rattling off like 600+ cases a day. Not sure if due to so many visitors or young people.

Now that Florida has shut down their own tracker site, it's hard to look at demographics. Is this younger adults? Teens? Kids?

Overall raw testing is very low, so increased testing isn't driving reported infections.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom