Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (15 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Also, not shocking parts of MO are on fire with Covid.

Compare St. Louis to Springfield.

Greene County has around 10% less vaccinated. (43% of adults vs 57% adults) total pop is more like 10%.

Greene County is on the verge of their highest totals yet. St Louis County is increasing, but seemingly a blip.

Pfizer jumping the gun talking about a third shot wasn't great from a public health PR standpoint. We may need one, but I don't think there's any indication we do just yet.

There is some vague data out of Israel indicating a drop in efficacy after six months, but there's a lot of weird stuff coming out of Israel re: Delta that doesn't seem to be lining up with what is being seen in the UK, where the numbers are far, far higher, so it's still too early to tell. For example, their report about the Pfizer vaccines being down to like 68% effective against symptomatic infection hasn't really been supported by data from anywhere else, and they are still dealing with relatively low numbers which can skew things.

Smh... and yet we still have people posting the false narrative that it's both sides. This idiotic rhetoric is thoroughly being pushed by one side. Pretending that "we were all getting wrong" only serves to stop the placement of blame on anyone when posterity really could benefit from us separating facts from crap. It's not a muddied topic, but one side wants to pretend it is to deflect blame.

Interesting that Duval county has the second highest raw average daily numbers.

Miami Dade has continued to be weird. High vaccination rage. About 1/5th of the population has had covid. Still rattling off like 600+ cases a day. Not sure if due to so many visitors or young people.

Now that Florida has shut down their own tracker site, it's hard to look at demographics. Is this younger adults? Teens? Kids?

Overall raw testing is very low, so increased testing isn't driving reported infections.
Update. Found the weekly report.

Looks to be a pretty even spread of 20-49 being the most new cases and most per 100k people (not sure if normalized by 100k in that age, or 100k of all ages.)

50-59 is pretty significant too.

60+ and under 12 is still pretty low.

I never got chicken pox as a kid. Despite trying. I should talk to my doc about that.
You definitely need the chicken pox vaccine then, not necessarily the shingles. I haven't had chicken pox either. My doctor stated that as long as I was vaccinated against chicken pox and don't catch it, I don't need the shingles vaccine.

I've heard chicken pox as an adult can be far worse than shingles.

Overall raw testing is very low, so increased testing isn't driving reported infections.
Huge and important point. These days, pretty much everywhere in the U.S. ... the only people getting tested are either (a) showing marked symptoms; or (b) the relative few needing a test for travel or work.

I never got chicken pox as a kid. Despite trying. I should talk to my doc about that.
How in the heck did you avoid it ? When I was a kid it was prevalent during the Spring. There was no vaccine at the time and pretty much every kid caught it.

Yes, talk to your DR. He might advise a chicken pox vaccine. From what I've read it would be a lifetime immunity to Shingles

Last edited:
Pfizer jumping the gun talking about a third shot wasn't great from a public health PR standpoint. We may need one, but I don't think there's any indication we do just yet.

There is some vague data out of Israel indicating a drop in efficacy after six months, but there's a lot of weird stuff coming out of Israel re: Delta that doesn't seem to be lining up with what is being seen in the UK, where the numbers are far, far higher, so it's still too early to tell. For example, their report about the Pfizer vaccines being down to like 68% effective against symptomatic infection hasn't really been supported by data from anywhere else, and they are still dealing with relatively low numbers which can skew things.
Just about everyone i know that will not get the vaccine has told me a third shot will be required, or a yearly shot will be required. I asked where they heard this and i get the blanket "in the news" statement, but when i tell them thats not fact, but just speculation, they just kinda give me the you are lying look...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom