Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (12 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
While it isn't 10 kids on life support but 2 out of 7 in the PICU this is still bad stuff regarding the delta strain and unvaccinated people...

How in the heck did you avoid it ? When I was a kid it was prevalent during the Spring. There was no vaccine at the time and pretty much every kid caught it.

Yes, talk to your DR. He might advise a chicken pox vaccine. From what I've read it would be a lifetime immunity to Shingles
No idea. I was even at my Sitters house for multiple days after school, three of her kids had chicken pox and I was carrying the youngest (a toddler) around for a while. Like, I darn near tried to get it.

No idea. I was even at my Sitters house for multiple days after school, three of her kids had chicken pox and I was carrying the youngest (a toddler) around for a while. Like, I darn near tried to get it.
I've known 2 adults that caught it. Both had bad responses. One was my wife. The other was my brother in law. The sores spread to their mouth and mucous membranes. It wasn't a pleasant experience for either. Once again,talk to you Dr. He'll probably advise you to get the vaccine.

So I woke up with a sore throat, runny nose, and fatigue and of course the first thing I thought (with my luck) was that I probably got covid while I was at a large wedding in Texas. I considered not going due to covid and I knew it would be rough on my back, but this is my favorite cousin and he overcame two ridiculously sheetty parents to become a very fine young man so I couldn't miss it.

Fortunately a figured out the sore throat is just from the runny nose and I have no fever so the odds of this being covid are very small. Still considering purchasing a test from Walgreens tomorrow just to be on the safe side...mostly so I will know it's safe to be around friends and family

So I woke up with a sore throat, runny nose, and fatigue and of course the first thing I thought (with my luck) was that I probably got covid while I was at a large wedding in Texas. I considered not going due to covid and I knew it would be rough on my back, but this is my favorite cousin and he overcame two ridiculously sheetty parents to become a very fine young man so I couldn't miss it.

Fortunately a figured out the sore throat is just from the runny nose and I have no fever so the odds of this being covid are very small. Still considering purchasing a test from Walgreens tomorrow just to be on the safe side...mostly so I will know it's safe to be around friends and family
The co-worker I mentioned a few times that suffered long term heat damage never ran a fever. Imo, these temp checks before you enter a building are useless as tits on a bull

I don't blame anybody for being concerned about the covid vaccines. In fact, having concerns makes more sense to me than just accepting on blind faith.

What I can't comprehend and what defies logic to me is for someone to have all these concerns about the vaccine while simultaneously ignoring (or maybe disregarding would be a better word) the deaths and long term effects of covid...not to mention being the one to infect your loved ones

The co-worker I mentioned a few times that suffered long term heat damage never ran a fever. Imo, these temp checks before you enter a building are useless as tits on a bull
I will keep an eye on it. If my symptoms get any worse I will get tested

Admittedly selfish post:
Two months ago we bought plane tickets and booked a nice rental home in Florida for a week at the end of August. It would be the first time my two little ones would get to see the beach. First time we've been on a vacation in two years, etc. With the way things are going I'm not sure if I can risk taking the family down there. Wife and I are vaxed, but 6 and 4 y.o., of course are not.

If this was a state that actually took it seriously and had decent vax rates, it would be different. Now, I don't think we're going to make it. Who knows , shirt may be all shut down at that point anyway. Just sucks we are where we are.

My brother and sister in law both had it (pre-Delta) and never so much as ran a degree of fever. The temp check thing was nothing more than security theater.

Just about everyone i know that will not get the vaccine has told me a third shot will be required, or a yearly shot will be required. I asked where they heard this and i get the blanket "in the news" statement, but when i tell them thats not fact, but just speculation, they just kinda give me the you are lying look...

Admittedly selfish post:
Two months ago we bought plane tickets and booked a nice rental home in Florida for a week at the end of August. It would be the first time my two little ones would get to see the beach. First time we've been on a vacation in two years, etc. With the way things are going I'm not sure if I can risk taking the family down there. Wife and I are vaxed, but 6 and 4 y.o., of course are not.

If this was a state that actually took it seriously and had decent vax rates, it would be different. Now, I don't think we're going to make it. Who knows , shirt may be all shut down at that point anyway. Just sucks we are where we are.
You really can't look at it at the state level, but local. Also, it depends on where you go, what activities.

Out on the beach, zero risk.

Indoors, crowded... different.

You really can't look at it at the state level, but local. Also, it depends on where you go, what activities.

Out on the beach, zero risk.

Indoors, crowded... different.
Not worried about the beach aspect or in our own rental home. Travelling in an enclosed plane-tube there and back has me concerned.

My brother and sister in law both had it (pre-Delta) and never so much as ran a degree of fever. The temp check thing was nothing more than security theater.
Yeah, the temp checks never really made a lot of sense from a legitimate safety standpoint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom