Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (7 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Nolapse ... you've had a, er, lapse there 😁

Do you have a source for this? I'd like to pass this on to a family member who will be traveling to the US in a few weeks.
Yes, me :hihi: I'm on my 4th covid test since January.

But seriously, this link should take you directly to the info:

So this is something that I've been rolling around in my head, but never took the time to actually look it up until now. It's regarding previous diseases that inspired a vaccine. It's pretty eye-opening and would probably be worthy of a marketing campaign. I wanted to compare incidences of other diseases that led to the development of vaccinations. The vast majority of Americans accept that these are necessary vaccines and get them for their children or themselves, if necessary. What I have below are the diseases with number of cases and deaths per year in the US prior to the development of vaccines and any other notes. This is the best information I could find from a variety of sources.

Polio - 1,200,000 cases per year; 12,000-22,000 paralytic cases per year, ~3000 deaths. Notes: 95% of cases are asymptomatic.
Mumps - 150,000 cases per year; less than 20 deaths per year. Notes: Very uncomfortable disease. Long term side effects include deafness, Meningoencephalitis, enflamed testicles or ovaries, but are very rare.
Chicken Pox - 4,000,000 cases per year; ~100 deaths per year. Notes: Uncomfortable. Side effects include pneumonia, brain inflammation, toxic shock syndrome, birth defects in pregnant women, shingles later in life.
Measles - 3-4M cases, 400-500 deaths
Rubella - 12.5M cases per year, newborns, babies, and gestating babies were most susceptible with about 13,000 deaths and 20,000 with CRS

I'm not going to go over a bunch of Covid data because that's been rehashed ad nauseum. But in comparison, how is it that we have tens of millions of cases and hundreds of thousands of deaths, yet there is vaccine resistance and politicizing of THIS disease? I could see a marketing campaign that shows these numbers and ends with Covid numbers, encouraging vaccination. I would hope that it would have an effect, but I'm guessing that it wouldn't.

Don’t forget to get a flu shot too. I think they start up in September for the fall season. Hopefully we get the booster shots in by then. I’ve heard they have tested putting both the booster and flu in one shot. Keep fingers crossed.

Someone knew his chances of keeping his job depended on downplaying the threat.

Not sure who, but definitely someone.

I once heard an FBI agent talk about how there have always been loons and bad guys who hated [whomever], but before the internet the odds of one of them being able to find and communicate with others like them was pretty small. Now they can find fellow travelers in less than a minute online, growing the extremist threat.

I think its the same with anything else. I am sure there were anti-polio vaxxers back in the day but the overwhelming public messaging drowned them out. The benefits of a monoculture.

Now we're feeding our citizens a steady diet of BS and everyone gets their news in the form of a Choose Your Own Adventure book online.

I think its the same with anything else. I am sure there were anti-polio vaxxers back in the day but the overwhelming public messaging drowned them out. The benefits of a monoculture.
There were - and weirdly enough, they were chiropractors. 🤷‍♂️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom