Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (6 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
I went to Destin July 4th weekend last year. It was a mad house. No masks...and people would give you the evil eye while wearing a mask. Granted, Destin is more touristy than Pensacola. I love Pensacola...great military town. Just have a mask available and try to distance when your able to. Those that are getting COVID while vaccinated are generally doing really well...so that’s a priority.

I was in Destin couple months back and can confirm it is still like it was last year for you. I'd say 90% were not wearing masks, people sitting and walking very close to one another without a care in the world. I had my mask on everywhere I went. I just ignored everyone I walked past (gave them a wide berth) and didn't care what people might think. It took me off guard when one time I went into a place to pick up an order of wings and the employee there told me to stay safe.

I was in Destin couple months back and can confirm it is still like it was last year for you. I'd say 90% were not wearing masks, people sitting and walking very close to one another without a care in the world. I had my mask on everywhere I went. I just ignored everyone I walked past (gave them a wide berth) and didn't care what people might think. It took me off guard when one time I went into a place to pick up an order of wings and the employee there told me to stay safe.
Things get crazy in FL during the summer. And believe it or not it's not Floridians. Heck...we have access to our beautiful beaches year around. It's people from outside of Florida, many of which are from very COVID restrictive states who are vacationing in FL to get away from COVID world. They are clearly there to party and let it lose. And when you walk around them like the guilty remnant with your mask on as a living reminder that COVID still exists...it dampens the fun and people will eye you for it.

A nurse practitioner is an RN with far more education than a typical RN.

So that’s kinda worse.
For sure. My daughter wants to be an NP. The schooling she's getting is no walk in the park. She hates these nurses who pretend to know what they're talking about when it comes to Covid. At least the hospital where she's working at has sense enough to require anyone working on location and interfacing with customers to be vaccinated.

For sure. My daughter wants to be an NP. The schooling she's getting is no walk in the park. She hates these nurses who pretend to know what they're talking about when it comes to Covid. At least the hospital where she's working at has sense enough to require anyone working on location and interfacing with customers to be vaccinated.
Yeah, I've often had to correct our CMO, who has a habit of calling them glorified nurses. They are far from that.

Some NFL players are having a hissy fit that they may have to pay weekly fines and possibly have team forfeit games which could have playoff implications.

Last edited:
(I personally think what essentially is "because reasons" is a dumb argument/excuse)

A Louisiana man who contracted COVID-19 and wound up hospitalized said he would rather be ill than get vaccinated against the coronavirus.

"Here I am recovering, getting out of here finally tomorrow. Am I going to get a vaccine? No," Scott Roe told CBS News as he lay in a bed getting supplemental oxygen at Our Lady of the Lake Medical Center in Baton Rouge.

The father and small-business owner recently caught COVID-19 and developed pneumonia, but he said he still would not have gotten vaccinated if that meant he could have prevented the infection.

"I would have gone through this, yes sir," Roe, who said he's a Republican, told CBS News' David Begnaud. "Don't shove it down my throat. That's what local, state, federal administration is trying to do - shove it down your throat."

When Begnaud asked what was being shoved, Roe said, "Their agenda is to get you vaccinated."

(I personally think what essentially is "because reasons" is a dumb argument/excuse)

A Louisiana man who contracted COVID-19 and wound up hospitalized said he would rather be ill than get vaccinated against the coronavirus.

"Here I am recovering, getting out of here finally tomorrow. Am I going to get a vaccine? No," Scott Roe told CBS News as he lay in a bed getting supplemental oxygen at Our Lady of the Lake Medical Center in Baton Rouge.

The father and small-business owner recently caught COVID-19 and developed pneumonia, but he said he still would not have gotten vaccinated if that meant he could have prevented the infection.

"I would have gone through this, yes sir," Roe, who said he's a Republican, told CBS News' David Begnaud. "Don't shove it down my throat. That's what local, state, federal administration is trying to do - shove it down your throat."

When Begnaud asked what was being shoved, Roe said, "Their agenda is to get you vaccinated."
Just more proof that you can’t fix stupid

We talked about it in this thread 2 days ago.

Yeah, silly. And I'll say it again. I wonder how his tune will change after he gets the bill. Wish it said how long he was in there for.

Mr. Roe sure was ok with taking PPP money in the amount of just over $41k too.

Oh i love these types- RAIL on welfare, but when the govt handing out $$$, first in line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom