Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (3 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
My comments are intended for those that rarely reply, or just quietly read and think for themselves.

And not necessarily for those with 60K posts who thought-police the Forum.

My work here is done for today.

Plow out.
I dunno, looks like misinformation propaganda. "live our lives" has not worked in a single place.

We'd like to keep this place a spot of verified information. it doesn't have to be media. I honestly prefer government health departments (even though they can be motivated by politics, especially at the state and local level).

It's not meant to be thought police, but the spreading of bad information has real consequences. You're not going to suffer consequences of posting garbage (meaning, potentially wrong information / conspiracy) like you would in person, or to a company. Which is why it's so easy to do online. There are little to no consequences of being wrong, accidently or intentionally.

Cool.

I'm O+.

how are things up in Jacksonville? Seems like Florida wasn't doing as bad as up north, outside of Miami being stupid again, but y'all had a run earlier, and look to be having one again. Just more linear overall than exponential. Still, we're close to our record average daily rate.

Seems deaths trail by about 2-3 weeks, so I think our death rate is accounting for that little lull just before thanksgiving.

1608821454647.png

Cool.

I'm O+.

how are things up in Jacksonville? Seems like Florida wasn't doing as bad as up north, outside of Miami being stupid again, but y'all had a run earlier, and look to be having one again. Just more linear overall than exponential. Still, we're close to our record average daily rate.

Seems deaths trail by about 2-3 weeks, so I think our death rate is accounting for that little lull just before thanksgiving.

1608821454647.png

It’s still pretty bad here. We aren’t quite at hospital capacity but we’ve been close. Miami and the rest of the state has been worse than us for the most part. I think that it probably has to do with the high proportion of young professionals in the city and the fact that Jacksonville isn’t really a tourist destination.

I’d get the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines today if I could. I want to get back to seeing my customers. I made about $50k less in commissions for 2020. 2021 could be a massive year for me with the pent up demand but I need to get in front of customers to get it done.

In rare instances, yes. The reality is that asymptomatic transmission is being massively over-sold by the Media.

The interpretation of the data has been tainted by politics, as has virtually everything in the internet/social media age.

If people rely on the Media to form their opinions for them (not saying that's you, Admiral), the manipulation will continue.

The Big Lie about Asymptomatic Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 (jeremyrhammond.com)

Anybody wonder why the continent of Africa, with minimal medical infrastructure, hasn't been ravaged by COVID?

There's anecdotal assertions put forth about 'warm temperatures' suppressing it. Please.

Why aren't the homeless populations being 'wiped out'?

There's a 99% recovery rate. Protect the elderly and the immunity-compromised, and live our lives.

I don't see much factual confirmed information in your post. There is not a 99% recovery rate...you'll have to source that, but I suspect that just an unsubstantiated statistic. Homeless populations aren't being wiped out for the same reasons people aren't being wiped out everywhere else.

Parts of Africa have indeed been ravaged by the virus. Parts haven't. Asymptomatic transmission does happen. Not at the same rate as symptomatic for obvious reasons. Asymptomatic individuals have lower viral loads than symptomatic individuals. Thus it's less likely they'll spread it, but it still can easily happen if exposed for an extended period.

There's a reason Australia and New Zealand have had success in effectively eliminating the virus. Theirs was a true lockdown and the only new cases they've been getting have been sick people coming into the country who are immediately quarantined.

Politics have contributed to the spread of the virus as much as anything else. Blaming the media for our irresponsibly in dealing with the virus is a cop out.

Just so much misinformation in here. You can post your opinions, but if it's clearly not factual, you'll get a lot of pushback on it.

I am glad you understand it is a risk/benefit analysis we all need to make. I am just tired of the people that downvote and call you out because your decision is different than theirs. It needs to stop.

I used older articles because they openly discuss potential pitfalls which seem to be hard to find right now in current writing. They don't want to scare people. Those potential problems still exist. The only way we will find out is with time and data.

The issue isn’t with people who truly have doubts. It’s with people who make statements about vaccines that they can’t back up. That post nonsense and conspiratorial articles that cause others to unnecessarily harbor fear. Vaccines have been proven to be overwhelmingly a positive and life saving scientific achievement. So I’m fine with people riding the line out of honest speculation, but those who spread nonsense should most certainly be chastised.

9a3d8a95-26aa-490e-933c-c6c4976d4150.jpg

Spain will tell other countries in Europe if individuals in Spain have refused to be vaccinated.

This will be an interesting dynamic. It won't play out in the USA anytime soon if ever, but a positive vaccination status will VERY likely be used for foreign travel to certain destinations. Not sure exactly what cruise lines will do, but it would not surprise me if vaccination status is something they will look at. There are a couple of apps that will likely be used with a digital vaccination status that can be verified. I believe New Zealand and Australia will require vaccination to travel there at some point. It would not surprise me if the UK does the same at some point. I think they will be the first major Western Country to approach a 100% vaccination rate.

Protect the elderly and the immunity-compromised, and live our lives.

People have proven over the last several months they only care about the second part, and not so much about the first.

You (a general you) don’t know who in the grocery store may be at risk, or has to go home to someone who is, yet we still have people who feel like that’s not enough reason to wear a mask. “Protect at risk people unless it’s a mild inconvenience to me” is what we ended up with.

I don't have a link,but this is something I heard on the radio a few days ago. According to clinical trials,3 people in one million
suffered a severe allergic reaction to the Phizer vaccine. If those same million people were exposed to a house cat, 3 times as
many would have suffered an allergic reaction. There really is no reason not to get vaccinated .

Wife gets vaccinated on Jan 6th.

What's making me mad is that out of 160 employees at her facility, only 70 have signed up to get the vaccine. My thinking is "hey can I get one of their doses then??"
I think that forward facing health care workers should have to choose between getting vaccinated and being a forward facing health care worker or working from home, away from patients. As a consumer of health care, I think we have a right to know if; our provider has been vaccinated, has been offered the vaccine and has refused or has not been offered the vaccine. I really don't understand the unwillingness of health care providers to get vaccinated. Millions of people have been vaccinated worldwide now. It's ok, refuse, maybe I'll get the vaccine a week or a month early.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom