Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (18 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
I personally know 2 people that have had covid twice. In both cases both times were lab confirmed and several months apart. I wonder how we can get to 70% for herd immunity if the immunity only lasts 3 to 6 months.

I won't be getting any of the vaccines personally. Nor will my immediate family as we are all relatively young and very healthy. My father will be getting it as he is high risk.

There is no way you could convince me to take either of the mRNA vaccines. We have 0 long term safety data in humans for this new type of vaccine. Maybe in a few years after we see of there are any long term issues. The other vaccines using older technology would at least have a valid argument that looking at past long term vaccine safety as evidence for lack of long term side effects. These 2 mRNA vaccines cannot do that. I see it constantly and even heard it directly from a guy in one of the trials when asked about long term safety. He said we know from other vaccines that there are few long term risks. These new vaccines are nothing like the older methods.

In a nutshell, no thanks. I'll continue to wear a mask and social distance.

H-E-Double hockey sticks no. Rather die on the streets, than take the vaccine.

1607702255971.png

The medical people I know are split on it, including those who are most exposed. Personally, I am apprehensive of taking a vaccine that has had less R&D than the McRib. I think if you're at significant enough risk of the virus so as to outweigh the risk of the vaccine, then you should probably consider it. But the decision needs to be your own. For instance, I think my parents who are diabetic and over 60 should take it.

I disagree. For the overwhelming majority of people, Covid presents very little risk. At this point, it's something of a known even though there are still questions of long term harm. Vaccine? Not so much. We don't know much about that at all. I don't think it's at all unreasonable for an individual to conclude that they'd rather take their chances with the actual virus.

From what I understand, the mRNA causes modifications to the DNA at the cellular level. No vaccine has used this approach before. If true, I am uncomfortable with this and the possible long term effects, especially for the young.

This isn't meant to be a call out, so let's not attack anyone.

However, a lot had changed since December. I believe side effects from the vaccines have been well documented and very rare. J&J seems to have the most issues, but still rare. Oh, the mRNA changing DNA thung is bunk. We've had that discussion a few times.

Have any of you changed your stance since December? Or are you all still either not getting the vaccine or waiting still?

I didn't comb through the entire thread to see of you've already updated your stance.

I can't see who all voted no, so I can't ask them.

I've always hoarded toilet paper, so nothing new there for me. :hihi:
Same camp as you! Toilet paper shortage last summer, no problem, family and friends need any, I have an attic full. Ran out of shirt paper when I was young and dumb, got old and this thing subscribe and save became available…..never again.

Last edited:
I think this is about as informative as you can get regarding vaccines. Every vaccine ever developed, the side effects appeared within 6-8 weeks of administering.

Even gives a good synopsis of each type ( adenovirus vs mRNA ) links at bottom as well along with a video from Dr. Offit

I think this is about as informative as you can get regarding vaccines. Every vaccine ever developed, the side effects appeared within 6-8 weeks of administering.

Even gives a good synopsis of each type ( adenovirus vs mRNA ) links at bottom as well along with a video from Dr. Offit

Both articles are fantastic. That first one from the Atlantic is written in a way that high school science students could understand it pretty easily. Very nice.

So I just found out that my cousin hasn't gotten the shot and has no intentions to

He is also the caretaker of his mother who had a bad stroke years ago, and he's not letting her get it either

His siblings have been trying to change his mind but it's a no go

This isn't meant to be a call out, so let's not attack anyone.

However, a lot had changed since December. I believe side effects from the vaccines have been well documented and very rare. J&J seems to have the most issues, but still rare. Oh, the mRNA changing DNA thung is bunk. We've had that discussion a few times.

Have any of you changed your stance since December? Or are you all still either not getting the vaccine or waiting still?

I didn't comb through the entire thread to see of you've already updated your stance.

I can't see who all voted no, so I can't ask them.
I have not changed my "No". I believe that there is even more information about the jab not really being effective now than there was initially. I also believe CDC is giving out data totally skewed towards the jab, hence the different testing standards and reporting. Other countries are showing very different data on jab effeciency. I do believe the Covid is serious, I am not taking it lightly. I just believe that taking Ivermectin as a preventative is a better option and that is what my family is doing. We shouldn't have to debate this endlessly. There are other options than the jab for people to make. But proponents of the jab do not see it that way. It seems that their way is the only way and we are dumb if we do not fall in line with it. And as predicted we are seeing all kinds of pushes to enforce the jab by restricting freedoms and access of those who do not take it. And that is just wrong. It is not data driving that, it is emotions. Mainstream media only reports on cases where someone gets sick or dies who did not get the jab. You hardly ever hear about the breakthrough cases that go bad. But it is happening. Two young people in my communitiy had severe reactions after the jab that required 911 response. But you don't hear about that except from the mouth of the paramedic who responded to the call. I am not going to get into another debate about it. Everybody has the right to make their own decision. I do not have to do it your way and you do not have to do it my way. One thing is for sure if we continue down this path of "My way or else" then we will eventually forfeit all our freedoms and liberties. What we saw happening in the streets of Cuba will be happening in the streets of America in 50 years. But it will be your children and grandchildren protesting for freedom.

I have not changed my "No". I believe that there is even more information about the jab not really being effective now than there was initially. I also believe CDC is giving out data totally skewed towards the jab, hence the different testing standards and reporting. Other countries are showing very different data on jab effeciency. I do believe the Covid is serious, I am not taking it lightly. I just believe that taking Ivermectin as a preventative is a better option and that is what my family is doing. We shouldn't have to debate this endlessly. There are other options than the jab for people to make. But proponents of the jab do not see it that way. It seems that their way is the only way and we are dumb if we do not fall in line with it. And as predicted we are seeing all kinds of pushes to enforce the jab by restricting freedoms and access of those who do not take it. And that is just wrong. It is not data driving that, it is emotions. Mainstream media only reports on cases where someone gets sick or dies who did not get the jab. You hardly ever hear about the breakthrough cases that go bad. But it is happening. Two young people in my communitiy had severe reactions after the jab that required 911 response. But you don't hear about that except from the mouth of the paramedic who responded to the call. I am not going to get into another debate about it. Everybody has the right to make their own decision. I do not have to do it your way and you do not have to do it my way. One thing is for sure if we continue down this path of "My way or else" then we will eventually forfeit all our freedoms and liberties. What we saw happening in the streets of Cuba will be happening in the streets of America in 50 years. But it will be your children and grandchildren protesting for freedom.

Hold up...you and your family are taking Ivermectin as a "preventative" ?????

Ivermectin- the parasitic worm drug????

Help me understand why you are discrediting science regarding the vaccine, but are all in on a drug that was developed for horses/cows with parasitic worm issues. I dont get where you make the distinction.
You speak about "data driven" but i have yet to see any data on Ivermectin being a preventative in the manner in which would stave off COVID infection. Do you have any "data" on Ivermectin being trialed for COVID preventative therapy? Where is your info coming from?

Ugh, did we really need to stir up the antivaxx crowd here?

i am genuinely curious how a person 65 years of age, has opted to take a drug originally designed for animal consumption present with parasitic worms, no real studies that show efficacy, ( https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=Covid19&term=ivermectin&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=) and that prolonged use can cause complications for humans if not dosed correctly based on weight.

This is fascinating to me and i want to try to understand how he ( or she ) got from point A ( trusting mainstream science ) to point B ( not trusting mainstream science )

I have a hypothesis- that folks like whiteshadowen, have obtained a deep distrust for all things "govt" and they feel that their research on a particular topic is sufficient but laden with confirmation bias.

Ugh, did we really need to stir up the antivaxx crowd here?
To be fair, I didn't ask him.

Most of who I quoted had a risk based approach in their thinking. Maybe minus one. One seemed potentially misinformed and it gave them pause. I felt like those 4 could potentially give a reasonable response.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom