Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (1 Viewer)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 148 82.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
About half of the people I know, including nurses, seem very reluctant to get the vaccination. Surprisingly, this includes different political demographics. What better way to settle it than by coming to a Saints message board.

edit: Geez I somehow allowed people to pick more than one answer on a yes/no poll. Doh!

OP
Dre

Dre

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
One of the major health care system providers in Louisiana recently started using some of their "unwanted" Pfizer vaccine, that had been set aside for Healthcare Workers on members of the general public who are over 70 years old. This is great news. If the healthcare workers don't want the shots, they should go to the next people on the list.

I have been saying for a while, the point where we run out of "very" willing arms will happen sooner than most people think. People who REALLY want the vaccine in Louisiana and who are in the next group up, can get it if they really try. I have three relatives in that above 70 age group, that group was just opened up for vaccination last week, they all got their first shots over the last three days. (One Moderna and two Pfizer.) I have another relative who was too cheap to drive more than 15 miles.....
there appears to be a very strong correlation between education level and willingness to get vaccinated thus far (at least among healthcare workers)

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
there appears to be a very strong correlation between education level and willingness to get vaccinated thus far (at least among healthcare workers)
My one relative who did not take the possible opportunity to get vaccinated is very intelligent, just too cheap to drive 30+ miles. I would take an International Flight to get vaccinated. I would also walk across broken glass on my hands and knees to get vaccinated, I wonder what that says?

LonghornSaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
All of my fellow scientists in my department have gotten their first dose. I don't think anyone (that I know of) has turned it down.

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how Tulane gets 5,000 doses considering the current eligibility?
Based on the distribution issues all around the country, my guess would be convenience.

Feds are punting to the states.
States are punting to the cities.
Tulane is the largest employer in the city, is run competently, and has a hospital system. If you want to just get vaccines in arms, that's probably the fastest way to do it with the least amount of effort from the government.

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
Based on the distribution issues all around the country, my guess would be convenience.

Tulane is the largest employer in the city, is run competently, and has a hospital system. If you want to just get vaccines in arms, that's probably the fastest way to do it with the least amount of effort from the government.
And current LA eligibility includes staff of health education institutions which includes Tulane. But whatever it takes to get shots into the population.

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I am sure the "Tulane" allocation is to their hospital system and they will be vaccinating people who are healthcare workers who have not been vaccinated yet, other people in the first two groups, including people who work in the Tulane teaching part of their medical center, others who have not been vaccinated yet in those groups and people over 70 years old. If you have any relatives who are patients of Tulane Doctors and they want the vaccine, they should ask about it.

Blue

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Had Pfizer first shot last Monday, 2nd to happen on the 26th. Nothing more than some injection site pain for a couple of days and woke up in a sweat that night. All good so far....

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
People who REALLY want the vaccine in Louisiana and who are in the next group up, can get it if they really try.
I know I’m down the line, but I’m checking that page daily

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Had Pfizer first shot last Monday, 2nd to happen on the 26th. Nothing more than some injection site pain for a couple of days and woke up in a sweat that night. All good so far....
I wake up in a sweat ever night and then go pee......

someone

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We need to stop lumping "healthcare workers" into one group when discussing who is willing to get the vaccine and who is not. Many "healthcare workers" have the equivalent of a GED. We don't need their thoughts on the vaccine just because they work at a hospital.

Second, we've wasted so much time, resources and vials trying to figure out who should get vaccinated first and how we should get it to them. The goal from the start should have been (and still should be) to get as many shots in as many arms as possible.

OP
Dre

Dre

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I also feel they should have antibody tested healthcare workers and delayed the vaccinations in those with positive antibodies.

someone

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I also feel they should have antibody tested healthcare workers and delayed the vaccinations in those with positive antibodies.
Again, unnecessary delays and wasted resources. The only qualifier should be if you want it. As more and more people receive it, more and more will be willing to take it.

OP
Dre

Dre

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Again, unnecessary delays and wasted resources. The only qualifier should be if you want it. As more and more people receive it, more and more will be willing to take it.
You do realize we don’t have enough vaccines for everyone who wants it yet, right?

someone

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You do realize we don’t have enough vaccines for everyone who wants it yet, right?
Yes, but that's a whole nother discussion of botched leadership.

IceHot

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
VA heading toward Phase 1B, which includes educators. As it turns out apparently that also includes Coaches. I was offered a vaccine slot today when Phase 1B arrives. I accepted details will follow when I find out more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)