Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (1 Viewer)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 148 82.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
About half of the people I know, including nurses, seem very reluctant to get the vaccination. Surprisingly, this includes different political demographics. What better way to settle it than by coming to a Saints message board.

edit: Geez I somehow allowed people to pick more than one answer on a yes/no poll. Doh!

Reaction score
I just received my Pfizer booster today. Either I’m less of a wuss now or the nurse was better but I barely felt it this time. So far feel fine. Tomorrow should be telling
Ok...entering day 2. The good: my arm is much less sore today than it was after my initial vaccine. The bad: I have and am still experiencing some flu like symptoms of the vaccine. Last night I had a pounding headache and chills that resulted in me getting a few hours of sleep. I sort of wish I had a day off to recuperate, just to try to get some sleep. Something to understand about vaccinations, is that what you experience is your body developing an immune response. So it is certainly not a BAD thing that I experienced some flu like symptoms with the vaccine, because that says that I have built a strong immune response, but it's just unfortunate that I have to work feeling a little crummy.

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
We need to stop lumping "healthcare workers" into one group when discussing who is willing to get the vaccine and who is not. Many "healthcare workers" have the equivalent of a GED. We don't need their thoughts on the vaccine just because they work at a hospital.
Those workers without medical degrees are still needed to keep a hospital running.

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
Those workers without medical degrees are still needed to keep a hospital running.
I think what he meant was that many of those workers are more likely to get their vaccine 'news' from Facebook or wherever compared to a doctor. "Healthcare worker refuses vaccine" might scare off the public but there is a difference between "Epidemiologist refuses vaccine" vs "Orderly refuses vaccine"

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I think what he meant was that many of those workers are more likely to get their vaccine 'news' from Facebook or wherever compared to a doctor. "Healthcare worker refuses vaccine" might scare off the public but there is a difference between "Epidemiologist refuses vaccine" vs "Orderly refuses vaccine"
You are right about getting medical info off FB. We have 53 employees in my dept. at Keesler. Only 26 signed up for the vaccine. I asked them why not. The reason I'm getting is every time I got the flu shot, I caught the flu. I just keep my mouth shut and walk away

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok...entering day 2. The good: my arm is much less sore today than it was after my initial vaccine. The bad: I have and am still experiencing some flu like symptoms of the vaccine. Last night I had a pounding headache and chills that resulted in me getting a few hours of sleep. I sort of wish I had a day off to recuperate, just to try to get some sleep. Something to understand about vaccinations, is that what you experience is your body developing an immune response. So it is certainly not a BAD thing that I experienced some flu like symptoms with the vaccine, because that says that I have built a strong immune response, but it's just unfortunate that I have to work feeling a little crummy.
I heard...somewhere...that the second injection was having more of those sorts of effects, and some people were planning off days as a result. We have a few members getting that second round, so curious what our rate looks like.

Reaction score
I heard...somewhere...that the second injection was having more of those sorts of effects, and some people were planning off days as a result. We have a few members getting that second round, so curious what our rate looks like.
I'm hearing that as well. If people are capable of taking a day off after the booster it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. It certainly wouldn't be a reason NOT to get the vaccine, but it seems common enough to account for.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
i was sick as fork the last week. tested negative for covid though. totally getting the vaccine, allergic to needles or not.

i was so miserable, i wouldn't wish that on anyone and it made me realize how much it must be terrible for those with covid. i do not care to experience that.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
About half of the people I know, including nurses, seem very reluctant to get the vaccination. Surprisingly, this includes different political demographics. What better way to settle it than by coming to a Saints message board.

edit: Geez I somehow allowed people to pick more than one answer on a yes/no poll. Doh!
I was hospitalized for 8 days in December/January and was amazed at the number of staff who said they didn't have plans to get the vaccine. I chastised them all every day I was there until most of them finally felt silly for their choice. I know a couple have gotten the vaccine since and others said they made appointments.

Don't overthink this, folks. We don't get to herd immunity until everyone gets vaccinated. Odds are that you won't be affected personally, but rather you're going to get someone else sick. Someone that you may never meet may get sick and/or die because of no good reason at all.

Get the vaccine.

someone

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If you experience temporary flu like symptoms after the first shot, it is likely you already have antibodies.

The first shot therefore becomes an unofficial antibody test. Not scientific.

slowmotion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Atlanta. GA originally from Destrehan, LA
My wife and I have gotten the vaccince. She got it Dec 19th. I got it Dec 22. Both of us had soreness at the injection site. Nothing else. My brother in law also got it and had no symptoms whatsoever. We all got Pfizer. She is scheduled January 8 for her second shot. Mine will be January 12th.
As an update, my wife and I received the second dose of Pfizer on 1/8/21 and 1/11/21, respectively. MY wife incurred only minor symptoms approximately 16 hours after receiving the vaccine with mild body aches and fatigue, and resolved with few hours.

I unfortunately endured basically every recorded common symptom from the second dose. I received the dose at 8 am, then at 5 pm the same day, I started feeling lightheaded and fatigued. I already had soreness at the injection site. I began having body aches. The following day while at work, I had all those symptoms in addition to nausea. By the time I got home about 32 hours after my shot, I was extremely fatigued and began having low grade fevers. (Not going to lie, I was wondering if I had COVID and was thinking about getting tested the next day if my symptoms persist, also out of precaution I stayed away from the family and isolated myself to the basement). However just as described in the vaccine study, I woke up a little less than 48 hours after my shot, and I felt fine. Fever gone, fatigue gone, body aches gone, nausea gone. Now the only residual adverse effect from all this is my wife calling me "weak" and a "baby" and how women are stronger than men :rolleyes:

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
You are right about getting medical info off FB. We have 53 employees in my dept. at Keesler. Only 26 signed up for the vaccine. I asked them why not. The reason I'm getting is every time I got the flu shot, I caught the flu. I just keep my mouth shut and walk away
That's why we decided to make getting the vaccine a condition of employment.

Reaction score
Day 3. About midway through yesterday my chills and headache resolved. Other than being a little tired the rest of the day because of less sleep I felt fine. My deltoid soreness is also now minimal.

CapitalCitySaint

99% Practice; 1% Theory
Reaction score
This. I talked about this many pages back re: when I hear people say "I'm not getting it because my friend who is a nurse doesn't trust it."

I work in research & development. I trust the scientists I work with & the scientists that worked on the vaccine more than I trust any nurse in this country and even trust their word over a doctor (which, btw....I have worked in healthcare a very long time and literally every single doctor that *I* personally know as colleagues or friends are all getting the vaccine willingly).

A few weeks ago, this chick I am IG friends with reposted a video with some nurse posted who "fainted" after getting the vaccine & said she was not going to get it after seeing that video.

It's dumb and misleading. Nothing is 100% guaranteed. You literally take a risk with taking a walk around the block or getting into your car. Every time you order takeout or eat at restaurant, you risk getting violently ill. I just can't take it! Statistics and logic are clearly not the strong suit of a lot of people.

I also cannot get on board with the "this is brand new...we don't know long term effects". No, actually the science is not new but thanks for playing.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This. I talked about this many pages back re: when I hear people say "I'm not getting it because my friend who is a nurse doesn't trust it."

I work in research & development. I trust the scientists I work with & the scientists that worked on the vaccine more than I trust any nurse in this country and even trust their word over a doctor (which, btw....I have worked in healthcare a very long time and literally every single doctor that *I* personally know as colleagues or friends are all getting the vaccine willingly).

A few weeks ago, this chick I am IG friends with reposted a video with some nurse posted who "fainted" after getting the vaccine & said she was not going to get it after seeing that video.

It's dumb and misleading. Nothing is 100% guaranteed. You literally take a risk with taking a walk around the block or getting into your car. Every time you order takeout or eat at restaurant, you risk getting violently ill. I just can't take it! Statistics and logic are clearly not the strong suit of a lot of people.

I also cannot get on board with the "this is brand new...we don't know long term effects". No, actually the science is not new but thanks for playing.
For too long now in education, we've stressed the importance of and focused on math and ELA, while the sciences have been cast aside. There are too many people who are so weak in basic biological sciences because it was just a class they had to take and pass to graduate. That whole, "When am I EVER going to need to know this?" question.....yeah, how about now?

HburgSaints

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I'm a nurse and I received mine today. It is the one from Moderna and will update if I experience anything out of the ordinary. I have several nurses on my unit who have already received their first dose with nothing more than mild nausea being reported as the most serious reaction.

CerealKiller

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
When you get the first dose, do they have the 2nd dose on-hand and reserved for you?

What I'm getting at is, could a pharmacy run out and not get re-supplied in time to give you the second dose when you're supposed to have it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)