Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (2 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 162 83.1%
  • No

Votes: 36 18.5%

• Total voters

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
About half of the people I know, including nurses, seem very reluctant to get the vaccination. Surprisingly, this includes different political demographics. What better way to settle it than by coming to a Saints message board.

edit: Geez I somehow allowed people to pick more than one answer on a yes/no poll. Doh!

saint-fan

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
When you get the first dose, do they have the 2nd dose on-hand and reserved for you?

What I'm getting at is, could a pharmacy run out and not get re-supplied in time to give you the second dose when you're supposed to have it?

I would venture to guess different locations are doing different things, as we've already seen. However, when I received my first dose it was explained to me to contact the location 5-6 days in advance to see if supplies were present. If not, I could go to any location providing the same type of vaccine (do not mix vaccines) but must have my card with me to show proof of first dose.
Hope this helps.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
When you get the first dose, do they have the 2nd dose on-hand and reserved for you?

What I'm getting at is, could a pharmacy run out and not get re-supplied in time to give you the second dose when you're supposed to have it?
That was the process at first. The feds withheld a bunch of doses to be used for second doses across the country. They recently changed course and advised states to vaccinate as many as possible.

At the state level, when we were first advised of our shipment, we were told it was first and second doses. The state then changed course and told us to use it all on first doses if needed and to not waste a drop.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I got a message yesterday that they may not have a dose for my second shot but they would let me know when they come in. I’m still 3 more weeks from my second so hopefully they get some by then.

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
Interesting story. In New Jersey, they are considering smoking as a "medical condition" that allows someone to get the vaccine and using the "honor system" for people to report medical conditions. Nah, no chance of abuse there....none.

"In addition to those 65 and older, anyone between the ages of 16 and 64 with chronic medical conditions may also make an appointment to receive the vaccine starting Thursday. The expanded group includes 2 million smokers...."

"New Jersey is using an honor system for vaccinations with no requirement to show proof of medical conditions or age, officials said. That could change if problems arise."

Maxp

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Older citizens of Alabama near the state line are driving to Florida Publix locations to get vaccinated because our own state is complete trash.

HburgSaints

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Just an update on my vaccination. I am 48 hours post first dose and have up until this point only experienced significant muscle pain in the arm the shot was administered. I receive the flu vaccine every year and that vaccine seems to only be a few hours of pain later in the evening. This is going on day 2 of hurting every time I lift my arm. I also had a headache yesterday evening, but I chalk that up more to me being susceptible to headaches than the vaccine itself. Other than the arm pain though, there hasn't been anything else to report. Just let whoever you know that is getting it, to be prepared to take some tylenol or motrin for their arm pain

someone

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We need to stop lumping "healthcare workers" into one group when discussing who is willing to get the vaccine and who is not. Many "healthcare workers" have the equivalent of a GED. We don't need their thoughts on the vaccine just because they work at a hospital.

Second, we've wasted so much time, resources and vials trying to figure out who should get vaccinated first and how we should get it to them. The goal from the start should have been (and still should be) to get as many shots in as many arms as possible.
[/URL]

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I have a friend who is a nurse and got her 2nd dose of Moderna. She said she felt really bad for 2 1/2 days or so then felt ok. She did say she hadn't felt that bad in 10 years.
Her coworkers say they had similar results.

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As an update, my wife and I received the second dose of Pfizer on 1/8/21 and 1/11/21, respectively. MY wife incurred only minor symptoms approximately 16 hours after receiving the vaccine with mild body aches and fatigue, and resolved with few hours.

I unfortunately endured basically every recorded common symptom from the second dose. I received the dose at 8 am, then at 5 pm the same day, I started feeling lightheaded and fatigued. I already had soreness at the injection site. I began having body aches. The following day while at work, I had all those symptoms in addition to nausea. By the time I got home about 32 hours after my shot, I was extremely fatigued and began having low grade fevers. (Not going to lie, I was wondering if I had COVID and was thinking about getting tested the next day if my symptoms persist, also out of precaution I stayed away from the family and isolated myself to the basement). However just as described in the vaccine study, I woke up a little less than 48 hours after my shot, and I felt fine. Fever gone, fatigue gone, body aches gone, nausea gone. Now the only residual adverse effect from all this is my wife calling me "weak" and a "baby" and how women are stronger than men :rolleyes:
My wife got very sick off the first dose of the Moderna vaccine. It was determined she's allergic to the PEG (polyethylene glycol aka anti-freeze) used in the vaccine. Apparently 1 of every 1000 people gets this reaction and it's led to my wife telling me she's "special" :hihi:

She cannot get the second dose due to her reaction to the first, so they're trying to decide what to do with her.

saint-fan

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I received my 2nd dose of Moderna vaccine yesterday (2-01-21). I was anticipating a response that would have me feeling bad for a day or two. I even planned my schedule around this.
Thus far, I've experienced no effects besides a mild soreness at the injection site. Actually, the soreness is less than what I experienced on the first dose.
In one aspect I am grateful, yet in another I'm curious why there is not a response.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)