Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (1 Viewer)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 162 83.1%
  • No

Votes: 36 18.5%

• Total voters

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
About half of the people I know, including nurses, seem very reluctant to get the vaccination. Surprisingly, this includes different political demographics. What better way to settle it than by coming to a Saints message board.

edit: Geez I somehow allowed people to pick more than one answer on a yes/no poll. Doh!

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I received my 2nd dose of Moderna vaccine yesterday (2-01-21). I was anticipating a response that would have me feeling bad for a day or two. I even planned my schedule around this.
Thus far, I've experienced no effects besides a mild soreness at the injection site. Actually, the soreness is less than what I experienced on the first dose.
In one aspect I am grateful, yet in another I'm curious why there is not a response.
They may have accidentally injected you with Worcestershire sauce.
If you develop pink eye or become a zombie, that is what happened based on my research (watching South Park)

saint-fan

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
They may have accidentally injected you with Worcestershire sauce.
If you develop pink eye or become a zombie, that is what happened based on my research (watching South Park)
Don't think a similar thought has not crossed my mind.
Did they give me a placebo? Or a damaged dose?

I guess time will tell the tale.

SaintRob

Who Dat!
Reaction score
I received my 2nd dose of Moderna vaccine yesterday (2-01-21). I was anticipating a response that would have me feeling bad for a day or two. I even planned my schedule around this.
Thus far, I've experienced no effects besides a mild soreness at the injection site. Actually, the soreness is less than what I experienced on the first dose.
In one aspect I am grateful, yet in another I'm curious why there is not a response.
I received the Pfizer vaccine and was expecting a more severe reaction after the second dose also. My first dose gave me a day long headache and right at 24 hours (3pm) I was so tired I had to take a 4 hour nap. After the nap I was fine. I had absolutely no reaction to my second dose. The only thing I noticed was injection site soreness - no headache, no fatigue, nothing at all like the first dose.

saint-fan

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I received the Pfizer vaccine and was expecting a more severe reaction after the second dose also. My first dose gave me a day long headache and right at 24 hours (3pm) I was so tired I had to take a 4 hour nap. After the nap I was fine. I had absolutely no reaction to my second dose. The only thing I noticed was injection site soreness - no headache, no fatigue, nothing at all like the first dose.
I appreciate you sharing this. I guess the reactions range wider than what is being written.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I appreciate you sharing this. I guess the reactions range wider than what is being written.
I am reading reports or reactions being all over the board, so what I am seeing here on SR, is right in line with what I read everywhere else.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
If you experience temporary flu like symptoms after the first shot, it is likely you already have antibodies.

The first shot therefore becomes an unofficial antibody test. Not scientific.
FYI... My physician encouraged me to get the vaccine within 90 days because I had antibodies, which would lessen the impact of any side effects.

Krewe of Clyde's

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I got our first dose of Moderna yesterday. So far, neither of us has had any sort of side effect. Our vaccination location was extremely well organized. The MS National Guard was doing all the vaccinating and they had their act completely together.

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Don't think a similar thought has not crossed my mind.
Did they give me a placebo? Or a damaged dose?

I guess time will tell the tale.
Placebos are only given in clinical trials. The vaccines now are the real deal

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
I think what he meant was that many of those workers are more likely to get their vaccine 'news' from Facebook or wherever compared to a doctor. "Healthcare worker refuses vaccine" might scare off the public but there is a difference between "Epidemiologist refuses vaccine" vs "Orderly refuses vaccine"
Welcome to modern journalism

saint-fan

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Placebos are only given in clinical trials. The vaccines now are the real deal

I'm aware of this. My comments in that post were "tongue in cheek"
(I should have used the font)

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
Second night after 2nd dose was real. Chills kicked in out of nowhere and I ran a slight fever. Girlfriend got her 2nd dose yesterday and she ran a fever as well. Turned the bed into a swimming pool from all the sweating. My fever has broken, but she's still running a slight one being 24 hours behind me in getting her injection.

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My parents got their second shot yesterday. They are good. no side effects so far. They were told it would take about a week before the vaccine was fully effective. I think thats something a lot of people misunderstand about vaccines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)