Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (22 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
The already strained medical community/resource doesn't need to be strained even more just because I refused to obey the law and wear a seatbelt.
Sorry that you can't comprehend that.

That's not what's straining our hospitals. What would be straining the hospitals is you refusing to wear a seatbelt and having an accident somehow causes other people who are or are not wearing a seatbelt to now suddenly have an accident which causes them to go to hospital...if we you're going to insist on this poor analogy.

Our hospital capacity is set up to handle people who are sick from smoking, overeating, not wearing seatbelts, ect. None of those things are causing a strain on our system, because the system has been build around treating conditions related to those things. Our hospital capacity is based on all of those things already existing.

The system does not have the capacity to deal with people sick from a virus that at this point is mostly manageable if everyone would get vaccinated.

That's not what's straining our hospitals. What would be straining the hospitals is you refusing to wear a seatbelt and having an accident somehow causes other people who are or are not wearing a seatbelt to now suddenly have an accident which causes them to go to hospital...if we you're going to insist on this poor analogy.
I'll even do you one (or more) better:

I think that someone who is driving over the speed limit and is in an accident should receive medical treatment.
I think that someone who is driving over the speed limit and is in an accident should receive medical treatment.
I think that someone who practices unsafe sex and gets aids should receive medical treatment.
I think that someone who shoots up heroin for the umpteenth time should receive medical treatment.
I think that someone who has cardiac or lung disease but continues to live an unhealth life should receive medical treatment.

I could go on and on, but I guess this is probably enough to prove just how unstable a person I may be.

And how about the nurse who earlier on contracted Covid while trying to save lives on a daily basis.
Perhaps they may have even saved your (or one of your family members') A$$
Perhaps he/should was hospitalized with Covid and overcame.
That person may decide he/she doesn't need the vaccine because their immunity to the virus may even be better that yours!
But sure, deny that person treatment!
And make sure that he/she gets fired and loses their insurance, too!

It's already been addressed. He kept saying stuff about mandates vs. law etc. and how "we" (i.e. the United States) handles things. I had to ask because I am like wait, you are UK Saints fan so what do you mean "we".

"YOU PEOPLE!!!"
Yeah, this thread moving so fast, we're getting a lot of overlapping conversations. Thanks for clarifying that. I was just sorta focused on that single post rather than the broader context of the discussion.

And how about the nurse who earlier on contracted Covid while trying to save lives on a daily basis.
Perhaps they may have even saved your (or one of your family members') A$$
Perhaps he/should was hospitalized with Covid and overcame.
That person may decide he/she doesn't need the vaccine because their immunity to the virus may even be better that yours!
But sure, deny that person treatment!
And make sure that he/she gets fired and loses their insurance, too!
Who's talking about denying people treatment? What I'm talking about is how do we get more people vaccinated and protecting themselves so that the hospitals aren't overcrowded with Covid patients? You do realize that hospitals are triaging patients in a way that makes it possible that people needing care for other reasons might not be able to get the care they ordinarily would get in normal times? Whether it's a law or mandate, whatever works to get people to understand that their wrong-headed decisions are affecting the ability of others to get much needed care.

Who's talking about denying people treatment? What I'm talking about is how do we get more people vaccinated and protecting themselves so that the hospitals aren't overcrowded with Covid patients? You do realize that hospitals are triaging patients in a way that makes it possible that people needing care for other reasons might not be able to get the care they ordinarily would get in normal times? Whether it's a law or mandate, whatever works to get people to understand that their wrong-headed decisions are affecting the ability of others to get much needed care.
There have been a few (above) that have expressed that sentiment (about denying healthcare).

I'll even do you one (or more) better:

I think that someone who practices unsafe sex and gets aids should receive medical treatment.
I think that someone who shoots up heroin for the umpteenth time should receive medical treatment.
I think that someone who has cardiac or lung disease but continues to live an unhealth life should receive medical treatment.

I could go on and on, but I guess this is probably enough to prove just how unstable a person I may be.

More straw for the strawman argument.

There have been a few (above) that have expressed that sentiment (about denying healthcare).
There's sentiment, and then there's public policy. Denying health care to Covid patients will never become public policy, even if that sentiment is understandable.

There's sentiment, and then there's public policy. Denying health care to Covid patients will never become public policy, even if that sentiment is understandable.
I certainly hope that you are correct about that. Kind of blows my mind that some on here feel differently, though.

If you don't care for the welfare of others, why should we care for yours?

I mean:

I'm hoping that Karma (or reaping what you sow or whatever you may call it) doesn't catch you up in its weave. I can't believe that you don't see the irony in your own post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom