Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (15 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
"A majority (56%) also supports governors opposing Biden’s nationwide vaccine mandate on private businesses, including 46.3% who strongly support governors' opposition."

The Trafalgar Group is an opinion polling and survey company founded by Robert Cahaly and based in Atlanta, Georgia. It first publicly released polls in 2016. The company has tended to produce polls that show more support for Trump than other pollsters do - Wiki

Yeah, they have a suspect history - hard to say why/how just looking at the slides. It's also interesting that their polling was 64% people 45 and over. The general population is 40% between 18 and 44 (voting age) and 34% 45 and older.

I also think it's funny when they ask questions like "Do you think [the president] has constitutional authority to do X?" Constitutional authority is not based on what a person on the street or answering the phone thinks it is. Those kinds of questions are completely irrelevant.

Don't know how accurate this is

Cut & Paste and replace FORK with the f word

https://momochanners.tumblr.com/post/663571196312420352/fork-yeah-its-dylan-warriormale

No! The flat earthers are my favorite form of entertainment!
0d380f_3470e7323f4a407081af2070738177ec~mv2.webp

Yeah, they have a suspect history - hard to say why/how just looking at the slides. It's also interesting that their polling was 64% people 45 and over. The general population is 40% between 18 and 44 (voting age) and 34% 45 and older.

I also think it's funny when they ask questions like "Do you think [the president] has constitutional authority to do X?" Constitutional authority is not based on what a person on the street or answering the phone thinks it is. Those kinds of questions are completely irrelevant.
The way that a question is phrased can certainly influence the answer.

IMO, the percentages that agree/disagree with employees losing their jobs is probably not that far off. But, I wouldn't mind seeing other polls regarding the nation's opinion on this.

IMO, the percentages that agree/disagree with employees losing their jobs is probably not that far off. But, I wouldn't mind seeing other polls regarding the nation's opinion on this.

I think it's one of those things where people probably support a vague notion of a vaccine mandate of some kind. But then when you phrase it terms of "do you support someone losing their job for refusing to get vaccinated" the percentage goes significantly down.

It's hard to have a vaccine mandate with some kind of enforcement mechanism. They're never going to go around putting needles into arms against someone's will, that's just dystopian. But more reasonable penalty mechanisms exist. Like we have talked about before, I actually think the OSHA route makes some sense because it exempts smaller employers and gives the injury redress of workers comp.

Personally, I don't like the idea of a broad mandate. I fully support employers choosing to require it, but I don't think I like the government forcing employers to require it. I do think it's legal though.

I think it's one of those things where people probably support a vague notion of a vaccine mandate of some kind. But then when you phrase it terms of "do you support someone losing their job for refusing to get vaccinated" the percentage goes significantly down.

It's hard to have a vaccine mandate with some kind of enforcement mechanism. They're never going to go around putting needles into arms against someone's will, that's just dystopian. But more reasonable penalty mechanisms exist. Like we have talked about before, I actually think the OSHA route makes some sense because it exempts smaller employers and gives the injury redress of workers comp.

Personally, I don't like the idea of a broad mandate. I fully support employers choosing to require it, but I don't think I like the government forcing employers to require it. I do think it's legal though.
I agree with most of your post (you can probably guess which parts that we disagree).
How soon before we see some of these state lawsuits (against the fed mandate) being heard, IYO?

I think the sentiment is becoming overwhelming. You can have your beliefs, medically and choose what you want. If you dont get the vax, you could lose your job and pay...

I agree with most of your post (you can probably guess which parts that we disagree).
How soon before we see some of these state lawsuits (against the fed mandate) being heard, IYO?

They will be able to ask for injunctive relief (an order suspending the mandate pending further development in litigation) fairly quickly. To get an injunction, however, they have to demonstrate that they're (1) likely to win, (2) there would be irreparable harm absent and injunction, and (3) the balance of policy interests favor it.

I think the balance of all three of those actually favor denying injunction but I haven't seen any briefing so can't really say. Plus, federal district court judges vary so much that it's always possible to get an injunction.

I think the sentiment is becoming overwhelming. You can have your beliefs, medically and choose what you want. If you dont get the vax, you could lose your job and pay...

I think that it is interesting that the NBA will only penalize for the loss of work. I think that the public would/could favor this much more than the threat of losing one's job.

I think that it is interesting that the NBA will only penalize for the loss of work. I think that the public would/could favor this much more than the threat of losing one's job.
We dont have job security like NFL and NBA stars...no need in comparing that. But you can best believe all players that arent deemed as needed back, will definitely face trades and release, from all leagues.

The fact that Kyrie has been rumored for trade speaks volumes. Teams arent going to lose money....they will lose the player first.

As for the rest of us....yeah....your job will probably be gone...fast. Companies dont have time for troublemakers.

Who would you recommend as a site that is right of center?

I'm just going to copy and paste a few that I saw which said lean right of center: thedispatch, wall street journal, independent journal review, the hill.

We dont have job security like NFL and NBA stars...no need in comparing that. But you can best believe all players that arent deemed as needed back, will definitely face trades and release, from all leagues.

The fact that Kyrie has been rumored for trade speaks volumes. Teams arent going to lose money....they will lose the player first.

As for the rest of us....yeah....your job will probably be gone...fast. Companies dont have time for troublemakers.
I compared them because you brought it up.

No chance losing my job over this; I'm far from a trouble maker. lol

I'm just going to copy and paste a few that I saw which said lean right of center: thedispatch, wall street journal, independent journal review, the hill.
Thank you. Are those some that you visit regularly?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom