Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (16 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Getting vaccinated is far less expensive than having to use the antibody treatment though, so it's not a conspiracy that the government would rather push vaccines than to just say everyone will be fine because we have the antibody treatments.
Free to us. Not free to insurance or government.

And other than being cheaper, it's a preventative, less likely to need serious medical care, and less likely to have complications.

Free to us. Not free to insurance or government.

And other than being cheaper, it's a preventative, less likely to need serious medical care, and less likely to have complications.

In addition to which, if the vaccine keeps you from getting Long Covid, that's infinitely better than a treatment that doesn't.

Two quick thoughts.

1) I don't watch much MSM news, but I haven't read or heard much of anything related to "hushing" of monoclonal antibodies. That option is listed on the FDA/CDC websites and the recommended uses for it are somewhat narrow. It is still EUA at this point, but is a viable option for those who are in the early stages of showing symptoms after testing positive. I've not seen or heard anything negative about it.

2) The "success" stories we've seen so far have often been questioned because they're not subjected to extensive and verifiable scientific scrutiny. As others pointed out, the article you quoted isn't an example of a of a scientific study and the patients aren't a control group.

The story is interesting, but there could be a lot of reasons, PPE use, environmental factors, human/cultural behavior, etc. Any study would have to isolate these in a clinical setting to really see what's causing the numbers to be what they are.
I don't understand how, given all the positive's about MAB, that there isn't a major push to get it produced and out there . Remember last year how they mibilized all these companies to produce ventilators? Not saying the process is the same, however I would think that their would be a massive coordinated push to produce MAB. But I just don't see that. All I see is the govt stepping in and tryng to control distribution. If it's really that good, then it kind of quashes a lot of the concerns about the "unvaccinated". It would kill claims we are hogging all the ICU beds. Spread isn't really an issue, because both vaccinated and unvaccinated can spread. Kind of puts us into pre-covid flu world.

What I wonder about this one is if they ended up having to quarantine him. A rabid human is certainly a danger to others.
It's theoretically possible,but very very rare for a human with rabies to infect another human. There are only two known
cases and both came from organ donations. Rabies also affects different animals in different ways. A dog for example may
become extremely aggressive and bite. Infected humans are not known to try and bite others.

I don't understand how, given all the positive's about MAB, that there isn't a major push to get it produced and out there . Remember last year how they mibilized all these companies to produce ventilators? Not saying the process is the same, however I would think that their would be a massive coordinated push to produce MAB. But I just don't see that. All I see is the govt stepping in and tryng to control distribution. If it's really that good, then it kind of quashes a lot of the concerns about the "unvaccinated". It would kill claims we are hogging all the ICU beds. Spread isn't really an issue, because both vaccinated and unvaccinated can spread. Kind of puts us into pre-covid flu world.
Why not push for vaccines AND MAB? If people can get breakthrough Covid, then therapeutics seem advisable. Let's have a multifront attack on the virus so we can get back to normal.

It's theoretically possible,but very very rare for a human with rabies to infect another human. There are only two known
cases and both came from organ donations. Rabies also affects different animals in different ways. A dog for example may
become extremely aggressive and bite. Infected humans are not known to try and bite others.

Wow, how interesting.

Why not push for vaccines AND MAB? If people can get breakthrough Covid, then therapeutics seem advisable. Let's have a multifront attack on the virus so we can get back to normal.
Because most people who get a breakthrough covid case have a super mild case of it.

Is there not? It seems like there's quite a bit of pushing of MAB out there. In Florida there are drive-up clinics with it. I know a few people who got it fairly early into an infection. Seems to be part of the standard treatment protocol now. (Unless you mean for prophylactic use?).

I don't really buy the idea that the "media" has much to do with it. I don't think physicians treating Covid, hospitals dealing with mass numbers of Covid patients, and health agencies making Covid policy and Covid recommendations are driven by media coverage. I think that if a treatment is legitimate, it's going to be considered and used. I remember when hydroxychloroquine was being pushed by the YouTube alt-medicine community (and even the president) there were institutional providers (hospitals) that tried it and found that it wasn't demonstrably helpful.

I do think that spread is an issue - spreading is significantly reduced by mass vaccination, it's just not total.

It would kill claims we are hogging all the ICU beds. Spread isn't really an issue, because both vaccinated and unvaccinated can spread. Kind of puts us into pre-covid flu world.
Yeah sure, then the unvax cult, infected and symptomatic with covid, would then be hogging all the transfusion beds, when a simple proven shot could have likely prevented it all to begin with.

People, just go get a frickin vaccine shot if you haven't. Y'know, go to Walgreens and get some allergy spray, gummi bears, maybe a new charge cord, and, uhh uhh, oh yeah, a vax shot.

Wow, how interesting.
I did some research after Chucks post. I've lived around pets and wild animals all my life and the topic interested me.
I also learned a few things. I was like many others. My impression of rabies was Cujo foaming at the mouth and violently
attacking his victims. That's not always the case. A playful dog may become shy and withdrawn. A mellow cat may become
hyperactive. The key for pet owners is too look for behavior changes.

In the U.S. Most humans are infected by wild animals. The most common transmitters are bats,coyotes,skunks,foxes and
raccoons. Wild animals are naturally afraid of humans. If you come across one who is not afraid and doesn't run away,take
it as a warning sign and avoid it at all cost

I did some research after Chucks post. I've lived around pets and wild animals all my life and the topic interested me.
I also learned a few things. I was like many others. My impression of rabies was Cujo foaming at the mouth and violently
attacking his victims. That's not always the case. A playful dog may become shy and withdrawn. A mellow cat may become
hyperactive. The key for pet owners is too look for behavior changes.

In the U.S. Most humans are infected by wild animals. The most common transmitters are bats,coyotes,skunks,foxes and
raccoons. Wild animals are naturally afraid of humans. If you come across one who is not afraid and doesn't run away,take
it as a warning sign and avoid it at all cost

And if you wake up with a bat on your neck and the bat tests positive for rabies, get the treatment. You'll literally die if you don't. It's virtually 100%.

These things are not equivalent. I am certainly pro-MAB, but making an argument that since we have MAB therefore it's OK to not take the vaccine (not looking at you, AARP) is not legitimate.

Consider:

a) To my understanding there is not currently a shortage of MAB (although there was) - in fact FL is setting up MAB treatment centers (because of certain people's aversion to mask and vaccine mandates). It is patently untrue that there is no push for MAB.

1) One is a preventative and one is a therapeutic. It is clearly an unsound strategy to say let people get the disease and then we will treat it, as opposed to giving someone something beforehand to prevent/minimize any infection and risk side effects thereof.

2) The arguments against vaccines are THE SAME FOR MAB. Both involve sticking needles in your arms. Both are experimental. Both aid your immune system in developing antibodies to fight the virus (one via inactive mRNA and one by fighting the battle (in your body) while your body figures it out).

3) MAB requires, at minimum, an outpatient visit to get a supervised IV, putting strain on the healthcare system, while you can get a vaccine at CVS.

So anyone making the argument that taking horse-dewormer is a reasonable substitute to not take the vaccine because MAB is available is really being a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Spread isn't really an issue, because both vaccinated and unvaccinated can spread. Kind of puts us into pre-covid flu world.

You keep saying this, but that doesn't make it true.

Spread between the vaccinated and unvaccinated (and, yes, both can be contagious) is not equivalent. Vaccinated have an immune system that will react significantly faster to any presence of Covid viruses, because they have antibodies and recognize the virus. Therefore:

1) It takes a higher viral load to actually give the virus enough presence to propagate in a vaccinated person (i.e. make them contagious AT ALL).

2) If a vaccinated person is infected, they will have a shorter window of time of being contagious.

3) A vaccinated person's max contagiousnees will peak at a much lower point than non-vaxxed person.

So while, yes, they can both spread, the R-value of an unvaxxed population is somewhere around R9 (for Delta), the R-value of a vaxxed population is less than R1 (and we are seeing that number even in not fully vaxxed populations already).

And as to your comparison of Covid and the flu (again), again that is just not equivalent. Covid has been shown to have SIGNIFICANT long-term side effects. Further, the flu mutates every year, making vaccination only a tool in the ongoing fight against the flu. With the structure of the spike protein in Covid, vaccination has been shown to consistently be effective against variants, so with significant (90%ish) portion of the population vaccinated, it is realistic to think we can knock this thing out.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom