Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (14 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Look, the argument is moot in a sense, because in this case the guy was so far gone. However, there is such a thing as patient's rights. And if someone chooses to have Ivermecten then he should get that option. If Hospital / Doctor wants to have him sign a liability waiver to do so, then fine. But to sit there and have a Dr. self righteously deny that treatment is wrong. Ivermectin has been around a while, side effects are known. Taken as prescribed it is perfectly safe. There is sufficient evidence to believe it is effective. It is the patient's choice and not the doctors or anybody elses.
So, you are saying you should be able to tell the doctor what he should prescibe to you and not the other way around? Let me try that next time i am at the doctor/hospital. Something tells me, its not gonna go in my favor...

So, you are saying you should be able to tell the doctor what he should prescibe to you and not the other way around? Let me try that next time i am at the doctor/hospital. Something tells me, its not gonna go in my favor...
Not what I said at all. And I think it was prescribed by a doctor, just not the hospital doctor. It is a pretty common thing for patients to push back on prescribed medications and get something else prescribed.

Not what I said at all. And I think it was prescribed by a doctor, just not the hospital doctor. It is a pretty common thing for patients to push back on prescribed medications and get something else prescribed.
It may not be what you meant,but it's exactly what you said.

Isn’t that the whole point of drug advertising?

I imagine that Doctors are well aware what Medications are available for what ailments and who they work best for and who they don’t

What’s the point of a million commercials on TV if it’s not to get the public to tell their doctor that’s what they want?

I imagine that Doctors are well aware what Medications are available for what ailments and who they work best for and who they don’t

What’s the point of a million commercials on TV if it’s not to get the public to tell their doctor that’s what they want?
I'm sure they can suggest it to their PCP. He may talk them out of it or refuse to prescribe it. Big Pharma does "reward" doctors for pushing their brand over the competition. But when you are in the ER or ICU being intubated, I don't think the doctors are willing to take suggestions. You can question why this one and not that one, but eventually you have to trust that the doctor is going to use what he/she believes will save a life.

Edit: I do want to state that you are allowed to get a second opinion, but if you are on your death bed without the suggested treatment, is that really wise?

Yes, but in those cases we are talking about a studied and approved medicine for a specific malady. What we have here is more akin to the following paraphrase:

Listen, strange interwebz dr's lyin' in farms distributin'
cures is no basis for a system of medicine! Successful medical treatment
derives from a scientific method of study, not from some farcical equestrian
ceremony!

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida has issued its first fine to a county it says violated a new state law banning coronavirus vaccine mandates and for firing 14 workers who failed to get the shots.

The Florida Department of Health on Tuesday issued the $3.5 million fine for Leon County, home to the state capital, saying the municipality violated Florida’s “vaccine passport” law, which prohibits businesses and governments from requiring people to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.

“These are people that, presumably, have been serving throughout this whole time and now all of a sudden they’re basically getting kicked to the curb,” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said at a news conference in St. Pete Beach.

Later, the governor tweeted, “No one should lose their jobs because of COVID shots.”………

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida has issued its first fine to a county it says violated a new state law banning coronavirus vaccine mandates and for firing 14 workers who failed to get the shots.

The Florida Department of Health on Tuesday issued the $3.5 million fine for Leon County, home to the state capital, saying the municipality violated Florida’s “vaccine passport” law, which prohibits businesses and governments from requiring people to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.

“These are people that, presumably, have been serving throughout this whole time and now all of a sudden they’re basically getting kicked to the curb,” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said at a news conference in St. Pete Beach.

Later, the governor tweeted, “No one should lose their jobs because of COVID shots.”………

Well, he has to do it now that Texas is floating the same idea.

And he is correct...get that dang shot!

It is not common for a dying man with a new disease to have a quack for hire on the internet who is not privileged at the admitting hospital prescribe him horse de-wormer and his real doctors go along with it.

This is not a patient pushing back on a prescription with side effects or that's too expensive. This is an idiot prescribing clown shoes to a dying man for reasons and money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom