Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (11 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
That's because vaccinated people have already made antibodies to the coronavirus. Even if those antibodies don't prevent infection, they still "should be coating that virus with antibody and therefore helping prevent excessive downstream transmission," Kedl says. And a virus coated with antibodies won't be as infectious as a virus not coated in antibodies.

Hmm. I guess I'm a contrarian data point. My wife and I are both vaccinated, and one of us sure gave it to the other. It's 98% likely it was me to her, but I guess there is a slim chance it was the other direction.
I would think that the risk of a person infecting another person who they share a home with and spend a significant amount of time in close contact with would be signifcantly higher than infecting a random person they meet on the street.

Don’t forget to get your flu shot too
=====================
….Why are health officials worried about the flu this year?

Health experts say Americans have built up less natural immunity against influenza because so few were infected in 2020. The comeback of common viruses including RSV brought toddlers, who were not exposed as babies, to U.S. hospitals with severe cases this year.

While a feared collision of infections remained at bay last winter, viruses will have more potential to spread this fall in venues opening up again. This has medical staff worried that flu and covid-19 admissions could surge together in the next few months.

Many countries have warned of this: Britain expanded its free annual flu shot drive to cover more people, while France ordered 30 percent more doses of the seasonal flu vaccine than it did last year……..

Quick question

With our current levels of vaccination if there were no Delta variant and it was still the original strain would this be over?

Quite confused as to why a union is against the vaccine.
Alarmed over the skyrocketing number of covid-19 infections and deaths at its meatpacking plants, Tyson Foods in August mandated that all employees — from executives to workers on the kill floor — be vaccinated.

The union representing meatpackers at first expressed some concerns, but it sat down with the company and reached an agreement. The company offered some new benefits, including paid sick leave, and the union supported the requirement for vaccines.

Contrast that responsible stewardship of the interests of its members with the opposition to vaccine mandates by police and other law enforcement unions.

Even as the coronavirus has ravaged the rank and file of law enforcement agencies across the country, police labor leaders have threatened to go to court and called for defiance from union members.

The response to the coronavirus has tragically been politicized — starting with the absurd demonization of masks — but the refusal of these police unions to abide by vaccine mandates, recognized by other unions including those representing teachers as a vital tool to safeguard public health, represents a new low.

Covid-19 has been the No. 1 killer of law enforcement officers in 2020 and 2021. According to the Officer Down Memorial Page, which tracks the on-duty deaths of police officers in the United States, more than 470 have died as a result of contracting the virus in the line of duty since the start of the pandemic.

That is more than four times as many officers who have died from gunfire. Among the covid-19 fatalities: Louisiana Police Lt. DeMarcus Dunn, 36, who died the day before his wedding; Edgardo Acosta-Feliciano, 48, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer who leaves behind a wife, a daughter and two sons; Michael Weiskopf, 52, a traffic homicide investigator for the St. Petersburg police remembered for his kindness in dealing with people involved in serious crashes. None had been vaccinated.

“If this was cops getting shot on the streets of America today at this number, there would be outrage,” Chuck Wexler, executive director of the Police Executive Research Forum, told the New York Times. “This is an issue that begs for leadership and putting politics aside. And that’s exactly the opposite of what’s happening right now.” …….

Don’t forget to get your flu shot too
=====================
….Why are health officials worried about the flu this year?

Health experts say Americans have built up less natural immunity against influenza because so few were infected in 2020. The comeback of common viruses including RSV brought toddlers, who were not exposed as babies, to U.S. hospitals with severe cases this year.

While a feared collision of infections remained at bay last winter, viruses will have more potential to spread this fall in venues opening up again. This has medical staff worried that flu and covid-19 admissions could surge together in the next few months.

Many countries have warned of this: Britain expanded its free annual flu shot drive to cover more people, while France ordered 30 percent more doses of the seasonal flu vaccine than it did last year……..

I got mine about a week ago. I died a slow, agonizing death as a result.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom