Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (13 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Just read this, heartbreaking

FC0F4DFF-6787-4ADD-B6C0-D0AFD69B88B3.png
And no matter how many stories like this are on Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube, or MySpace (I just threw that last one in there to be a little light hearted) the anti vax crowd doesn't care, they think it's all a big conspiracy and these people aren't real.

It's sad. Very sad.

And no matter how many stories like this are on Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube, or MySpace (I just threw that last one in there to be a little light hearted) the anti vax crowd doesn't care, they think it's all a big conspiracy and these people aren't real.

It's sad. Very sad.
Yep, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING any of us can do to convince them that vaccinations work. We've all seen cases where even when the person gets Covid and almost dies, they still fight against vaccinations. It is truly sad.

So here's what I'm dealing with.

Last Tuesday my (vaccinated) 17 year old son woke up and told my wife and me that he had a fever, sore throat and mild cough. He had gone to a concert the Friday before (his first all ages club show -- he was so excited and had a blast), but it was indoors and he was moshing with the crowd so we figured that was probably where he contracted whatever he had.

Took him in to get tested, and the rapid test came back negative, but they said that since it was his first day of symptoms that we needed to wait for the PCR results to know for sure. As a precaution to my staff I let them know I would work remotely until the PCR results came in so if this was a breakthrough case I wouldn't spread it in the office. (Finally got confirmation over the weekend that it was just strep.)

However, that's only the beginning of the story -- specifically, why I was not in the office last week. Yesterday I get a text from one of my non-vaxxed staff members (I have four under me in my office, two vaxxed, two non-vaxxed) that she wasn't feeling well and had tested positive for COVID. I tell her to stay home and contact HR.

Then this morning the other non-vaxxed person texted me and told me she had also tested positive. I tell her to stay home as well and to contact HR. I then contacted my other two, and let them know that they were potentially exposed and that they will need to get a negative test before they come back in. They then tell me that patient zero was actually complaining about not feeling well while in the office on Friday (and I later learned that she told someone in HR that she actually started feeling bad on Thursday).

So, while I was working from home last week to not potentially expose my staff to whatever it was my son had, one of my staff was actually exposing everyone else to COVID -- even though we've had a standing policy for the last year and a half not to come in if you feel even remotely sick, and there's also a disclaimer when you log in at work that you click on to confirm you don't have any symptoms.

Anyway, to make a long story short, for at least the next several days I will be a department of one (since I'm the only one who wasn't exposed) while half my staff get to play test subjects on vaccine efficacy (one had Moderna, one had Pfizer) and the other half gets to play FAAFO what happens when you don't get vaccinated.

Last edited:
So what happens to the employee that lied on the disclaimer?

The government religious exemption form is no joke

It’s full of questions like

How would taking this vaccine prevent you from practicing you religion?

What specifically do you object to about the vaccine and what specific tenet of your religion allows this objection?

Have you ever taken any vaccine before?

If so, why are you seeking an exemption for this vaccine but not the others?

If it’s the (XYZ process) used in developing this vaccine you object to the following were developed using the same process, do you use any of these?( long list of over the counter medications )

And so on. They’re making sure you can’t get away with using some template you found online

Last edited:

What specifically do you object to about the vaccine and what specific tenet of your religion allows this objection?

If it’s the (XYZ process) used in developing this vaccine the following were developed using the same process do you use any of these?( long list of over the counter medications )

And so on. They’re making sure you can’t get away with using some template you found online
Good. As it should be.

If it’s the (XYZ process) used in developing this vaccine you object to the following were developed using the same process do you use any of these?( long list of over the counter medications )

6 states don't even allow one.

It's extremely difficult to get one in the states that do. The biggest reason is most organized religions are pro vaccine.
There are only two that aren't. Christian Scientists and the New Greek Church. I hadn't heard of either until I researched
the last time this issue came up. You cannot simply say getting the vaccine goes against my personal religious beliefs.

More COVID-19 booster shots may be on the way -- but when it’s your turn, you’ll get an extra dose of the original vaccine, not one updated to better match the extra-contagious delta variant.

And that has some experts wondering if the booster campaign is a bit of a missed opportunity to target delta and its likely descendants.

“Don’t we want to match the new strains that are most likely to circulate as closely as possible?” Dr. Cody Meissner of Tufts Medical Center, an adviser to the Food and Drug Administration, challenged Pfizer scientists recently.

“I don’t quite understand why this is not delta because that’s what we’re facing right now,” fellow adviser Dr. Patrick Moore of the University of Pittsburgh said last week as government experts debated whether it’s time for Moderna boosters. He wondered if such a switch would be particularly useful to block mild infection.

The simple answer: The FDA last month OK’d extra doses of Pfizer’s original recipe after studies showed it still works well enough against delta -- and those doses could be rolled out right away. Now the FDA is weighing evidence for boosters of the original Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines…….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom