Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (9 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
I was one of "those people" who never believed all these covid-19 stories....thinking it was not true, people tried to scare others.....until of course the unthinkable happened......sometimes at the end of August I got sick, and was tested positive of covid-19. The symptoms were exactly the same as in this story you posted....shortness of breath, high fever dizziness, lost appetite.....and so on.... I remember that when I was laying on my back I couldn't breathe at all, same on my left side as I was turning.....only when I was laying on my right side I could breathe ...still shortness of breath, but I could breathe....for the next 2 weeks it was a living hell laying on my right side only, desperately trying not to pass out, for my wife told me that people who had covid-19 checked into the hospital at noon, and were dead by 4 pm....and all of them passed out...and then stopped breathing and died...anyway I lost 40 lbs in those 2 weeks...I was 253 when I got tested positive, and 2 weeks later I was 213 lbs.....after 2 weeks I gradually started to breathe easier, and got my first vaccine shot on Sept 28.....and today as soon as I leave my computer I'm heading for my 2nd shot, exactly 3 weeks later.

I can only say that this pandemic is as real as it gets, people should take it very seriously.....this is not some gov conspiracy trying to scare people, and I pray and hope they should take every precautions necessary by trying to avoid this deadly disease......God Bless all of you!
Good to hear you came out on the other end, BD. Spread the word. Coming from someone with your personal experience may convince others that have bought into the prevalent disinformation.

And admirable of you to come share your story here knowing you were a non-believer for so long. (y)

He's lucky he still has a job. Smh. Play stupid games...

I'm waiting to see when he and the person supplying him with the fake card get arrested.

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — Washington State fired football coach Nick Rolovich and four of his assistants on Monday for refusing a state mandate that all employees get vaccinated against COVID-19, making him the first major college coach to lose his job over vaccination status…….

Happy to see WSU isn't playing any games. However, I wonder how things would be if they were 6-1 this season instead of 4-3.

Also, I was sorta of under a rock the last few days. Moderna is a step closer to having booster shots authorized. half the normal dose.

My wife got both Moderna's back in March/April. Yesterday, the school district gave teacher's and staff access to flu and shingles vaccines at the schools. They also offered her a Moderna booster, so she got it. I knew it hadn't been approved yet, but there it was being administered at her school. Well, she got the flu and Moderna yesterday, felt a bit achy last night, but is totally fine this morning. But I wonder how they gave it without approval?

Good to hear you came out on the other end, BD. Spread the word. Coming from someone with your personal experience may convince others that have bought into the prevalent disinformation.

And admirable of you to come share your story here knowing you were a non-believer for so long. (y)

I’d hope so but I’d worry it becoming a situation of

“Here’s another fake I was anti vax then I got Covid now I’m pro vax story”

I’ve seen more than a few people with that take

I was one of "those people" who never believed all these covid-19 stories....thinking it was not true, people tried to scare others.....until of course the unthinkable happened......sometimes at the end of August I got sick, and was tested positive of covid-19. The symptoms were exactly the same as in this story you posted....shortness of breath, high fever dizziness, lost appetite.....and so on.... I remember that when I was laying on my back I couldn't breathe at all, same on my left side as I was turning.....only when I was laying on my right side I could breathe ...still shortness of breath, but I could breathe....for the next 2 weeks it was a living hell laying on my right side only, desperately trying not to pass out, for my wife told me that people who had covid-19 checked into the hospital at noon, and were dead by 4 pm....and all of them passed out...and then stopped breathing and died...anyway I lost 40 lbs in those 2 weeks...I was 253 when I got tested positive, and 2 weeks later I was 213 lbs.....after 2 weeks I gradually started to breathe easier, and got my first vaccine shot on Sept 28.....and today as soon as I leave my computer I'm heading for my 2nd shot, exactly 3 weeks later.

I can only say that this pandemic is as real as it gets, people should take it very seriously.....this is not some gov conspiracy trying to scare people, and I pray and hope they should take every precautions necessary by trying to avoid this deadly disease......God Bless all of you!

Glad you came out of it

I do hope your experience changes some people’s minds

Thank you for this post. Made my day! And as you said, I hope this serves as a good notice to those who still doubt. This thing ain't no joke and hope others will take the necessary precautions.

God bless you as well brother! Who dat!

First, thank you for sharing your story. But, I gotta say that I just can't comprehend the thought process. I have an employee that won't get the jab and her reasoning is that not enough is know about the long term effects of the jab. I counter with, "I know the long term effects of Covid" but this doesn't hold sway with her. I mean, here we are, 18 months into the pandemic. nearly 3000 pages of discussion among 4-5 threads (far and away more than any other topic ever on SR) and close to ONE MILLION Americans and over 5,000,000 dead people around the globe. Yet, your story is one that will be repeated probably another million times in this country alone over the coming year. All of these similar stories will result in higher health care costs, national inflation, labor issues and plethora of challenges for our Country. It just really burns me up inside when I think of how different things could have been had the prior administration handled this more responsibly.

I’d hope so but I’d worry it becoming a situation of

“Here’s another fake I was anti vax then I got Covid now I’m pro vax story”

I’ve seen more than a few people with that take
Some people won't heed, no doubt, but I do think there are some here who are familiar with his posting history and will understand that this is real. I can't speak to what St. PJ would have said, but his wife said he tested positive on a Saturday and was dead 8 days later. She also encouraged everyone to go get vaccinated. Iirc, a couple of posters did indeed go get vaccinated. Another poster went after the Pfizer vaccine was fully approved, and I'm hopeful that some who have still been holding out read birdog's post and heed his warning.

First, thank you for sharing your story. But, I gotta say that I just can't comprehend the thought process. I have an employee that won't get the jab and her reasoning is that not enough is know about the long term effects of the jab. I counter with, "I know the long term effects of Covid" but this doesn't hold sway with her. I mean, here we are, 18 months into the pandemic. nearly 3000 pages of discussion among 4-5 threads (far and away more than any other topic ever on SR) and close to ONE MILLION Americans and over 5,000,000 dead people around the globe. Yet, your story is one that will be repeated probably another million times in this country alone over the coming year. All of these similar stories will result in higher health care costs, national inflation, labor issues and plethora of challenges for our Country. It just really burns me up inside when I think of how different things could have been had the prior administration handled this more responsibly.
Thanks for the reply....people usually are skeptical, and living in denial later on...I know that's how I was, till I got this covid-19 disease....came out of nowhere.....I always tried to stay away from crowded places, mindful of the stories of people dying...but I was living just like those people...in denial. But once I stared into the abyss, knowing that I could easily die, it hit me like a ton of bricks.....the after effects are still with me....my hands still tremble, I cannot hold on to a spoon when I try to eat a soup, I guess it will linger on for some time...but I'm getting better....I just got my 2nd shot of the vaccine (pfizer) about 30 minutes ago, and now they just told me to come back for the 3rd shot in 6 months....so its not over yet.....

Thanks for the reply....people usually are skeptical, and living in denial later on...I know that's how I was, till I got this covid-19 disease....came out of nowhere.....I always tried to stay away from crowded places, mindful of the stories of people dying...but I was living just like those people...in denial. But once I stared into the abyss, knowing that I could easily die, it hit me like a ton of bricks.....the after effects are still with me....my hands still tremble, I cannot hold on to a spoon when I try to eat a soup, I guess it will linger on for some time...but I'm getting better....I just got my 2nd shot of the vaccine (pfizer) about 30 minutes ago, and now they just told me to come back for the 3rd shot in 6 months....so its not over yet.....
Hoping you get fully recovered. Appreciate the update.

I hope that you continue to recover!

The plant i work at, Mosaic, (i am a contractor) one of the guys was telling me Mosaic is adding a $50/m surcharge per month per person(family member) for insurance coverage who is not vaccinated. The company i work for hasn't relased their new benefits info yet, but i have no doudt that there will be something similar with my companies health insurance.

Hoping you get fully recovered. Appreciate the update.
Thanks for your kind words.....I had plenty of time to think and reflect on all that was happening to me, trying to figure out just how exactly I got this disease, when and where...and I still don't have any clue! I guess God granted me another lifeline and I firmly think that God is always leaves a way out even of an impossible dead end situation....when it becomes a life and death situation, there is always a way out, even when there is nothing to rely on but your own faith alone....it was a feeling I had that I better start paying serious attention to how to survive this disease, and it wasn't easy to muster enough discipline and courage to stay put every day in one position only....just to be able to breathe.....the first day was the hardest....I instinctively tried to turn to the other side, but not being able to breathe was making me endure the discomfort.....the first day was the hardest, but I kept remembering my wife's story about how people never realized just what was happening to them.....once they passed out, they stopped breathing, and they died.....I was determined to fight till the last moment of consciousness.....and I firmly believe that my determination to cling to my life, was that saved me....

But something good did came out of all this...I lost 40 lbs, and I'm thankful that I lost that much weight.....was in the process of losing weight before the disease, just not as fast....lol, I think that losing 40 lbs in 2 weeks must be close to a record time, if anybody keeps track of that....

My company's enrollment just started and it only includes the tobacco surcharge, which has been part of the benefits for a while now.

My uncle died early this morning. As you can imagine, with him being the 2nd uncle on my mom's side we've lost to COVID in 8 months, my family have all been talking to each other quite a bit the past couple of days.

I spoke to my mom this morning and she was telling me that the wife of my uncle who passed in early Feb, who also got COVID along with him, is not getting vaccinated because she doesn't think she needs it since she has gotten & survived COVID. His son, who lives in Australia said he's not getting it either because it's a crapshoot on who dies - vaccinated or not and that the data out of Israel proves it because they are all vaccinated there and still have a lot of people dying. I hope neither of them get hit by Delta in a FAAFO situation.

I spoke to friends last night (a married couple) who live out here in California that I know from when we all lived in Houston. The wife is from Turkey and she went to see her family back in August for the first time in 5 years. She said that majority of people in Turkey are all vaccinated and that they got a Chinese vaccine back in like December of last year & got their boosters in July but that a lot of people are getting Pfizer & the Pfizer booster now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom