Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (14 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
If you have legit medical reasons to not be vaccinated, every company I know of has a way to opt out.
Not all companies

From the desk of WLOX News in Biloxi, Miss., where she had co-anchored “Good Morning Mississippi” for 14 years, she said she “wanted to just take a little moment and let you know that I honestly do not know what the future holds for me as far as my career here.” The next day, she was off the show, and she took to Facebook to explain why: She lost her job after refusing to be vaccinated for the coronavirus as required by her station’s parent company, Gray Television.
“In my opinion, a forced decision to decide between a vaccination and the livelihood of an individual is a dangerous precedent,” wrote Gray, 40, who did not immediately respond to a request for comment. She added: “It hurts saying goodbye; it hurts parting on these terms. However, I know in my heart it is the right decision for me and my family.”
Two other well-known faces at Gray TV stations also chose leaving their jobs over getting the shots. Karl Bohnak, a 33-year meteorologist at Michigan’s WLUC, announced his firing last month, writing in a Facebook post: “I have authority over my body.” Linda Simmons, a 14-year reporter at Missouri’s KY3, cited religious objections to the vaccine and said she was “doing God’s will,” the Springfield News-Leader reported.

How do you explain that?

That the "mandate" is what caused them to quit. thus making the headline totally accurate.
There are many people who disagree with the mandate, but still got the vax, If someome who was vaxed quit because they didn't agree with the mandate, that would be more "i quit because of the mandate"...

Not all companies

The WSU coach didn't mention nor even apparently try for a medical deferral.

You see...this is what I'm talking about....She said “On one hand, I have way more items listed under the pros column, like ‘keep job,’ ‘protect others,’ and ‘protect myself,’ but on the other, I have ‘freedom’ written in big red letters, circled, and underlined multiple times. I’m pretty torn between the two. Who would issue such a cruel ultimatum?”
Bullsheet! If she believed in the vaccine, she would have already got the shot. Her "freedoms" weren't "infringed" until she was forced to "protect others" and "protect herself".

There are many people who disagree with the mandate, but still got the vax, If someome who was vaxed quit because they didn't agree with the mandate, that would be more "i quit because of the mandate"...
The key word being "more" and no other reason(s). I could agree with that. In fact, I'd say that they were more principled.

Thankfully it's not looking good for those challenging the mandate.

Breyer's order is the third time the Supreme Court has rejected an attempt to challenge a COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Justice Sonia Sotomayor this month refused to block New York City's requirement that public school teachers and employees be vaccinated. Justice Amy Coney Barrett in August denied a bid by Indiana University students to block that school's vaccination mandate.

What's interesting here is Barret is a Trump nominee and part of the conservative wing. Historically when these types
of cases go before the whole court they typically follow the ruling of the justice who made the original ruling.

I read another article this morning,but can't find it now. It said the current Supreme Court has no interest in reopening
the Jacobson v. Massachusetts decision made in 1905 which upheld a states right to enforce a vaccine mandate.

You see...this is what I'm talking about....She said “On one hand, I have way more items listed under the pros column, like ‘keep job,’ ‘protect others,’ and ‘protect myself,’ but on the other, I have ‘freedom’ written in big red letters, circled, and underlined multiple times. I’m pretty torn between the two. Who would issue such a cruel ultimatum?”
Bullsheet! If she believed in the vaccine, she would have already got the shot. Her "freedoms" weren't "infringed" until she was forced to "protect others" and "protect herself".
This article is from the Onion which is known for satire. I can't find anything else about a nurse named Sophia Wood. It's
probably not a serious article

The WSU coach didn't mention nor even apparently try for a medical deferral.
I thought i heard that he tried for the religeous exemtion. which i don't think people understand there is a lot of questions you have to answer to get that, which most are hard to "prepare" for. They have this thought that all you have to do is say "its against my religon"... it doesn't work that way...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom