Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (2 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Unbelievable.
I know - it is pretty unbelievable that nearly 2 years into a global pandemic there are still people out there refusing to get vaccinated and not believe science & modern medicine and instead willing to continue to risk not only their own lives but the lives of others due to their very misinformed beliefs. It's only right that they all be forced to live together and figure out life without science and what not so the rest of us can live responsibly without their dumb crap setting us back constantly.

I wish we could designate a state, a crappy one where nobody wants to live like Nebraska or Oklahoma, and move all the anti-vaxxers there and not let them leave the state and let the cards fall where they may.

Would they have access to feed store quality Ivermectin in Notvaxxda?

I wish we could designate a state, a crappy one where nobody wants to live like Nebraska or Oklahoma, and move all the anti-vaxxers there and not let them leave the state and let the cards fall where they may.
More like CA; isn't their population leaving for other states?

More like CA; isn't their population leaving for other states?
Plenty of people leaving and just as many moving in. CA has great weather, great beaches, vast terrain and the 9th largest economy in the world. High vaccination rates here. We are not giving CA up to the the unvaxxed.

In California, 29,152,953 people or 73% of the state has received at least one dose.

Overall, 23,974,163 people or 60% of California's population has been fully vaccinated.

Plenty of people leaving and just as many moving in. CA has great weather, great beaches, vast terrain and the 9th largest economy in the world. High vaccination rates here. We are not giving CA up to the the unvaxxed.

In California, 29,152,953 people or 73% of the state has received at least one dose.

Overall, 23,974,163 people or 60% of California's population has been fully vaccinated.
I had just heard that both CA and NY had large census declines. Are most people that have not yet taken the vaccine from the cities or rural areas?
I would think forcing someone from a small town to LA or NYC might be an incentive to get it.

My girlfriend was telling me about something she saw on CNN a few months ago

That it was a huge mistake calling them mandates, they should have been called requirements

People see mandates as an order, something that are forced to comply with. A requirement isn't looked at the same way

If you work construction, you aren't mandated to wear a hard hat, you're required to

If you work in a warehouse you are required to be able to left a certain amount of weight, and if you can't then you can't do that job. You aren't being discriminated against, your freedoms aren't being trampled on, you didn't meet the requirement

Jobs already have education and/or experience requirements, many already have vaccine/immunization requirements

I thought it was just semantics and wouldn't have made a difference, but maybe there's something to it

I do think it's far too late for that now - the time for that was 6-7 months ago
No. This would have made zero difference. The analogy doesn't work, working a construction job is not the same as just existing.

No. This would have made zero difference. The analogy doesn't work, working a construction job is not the same as just existing.

I wasn’t comparing the situations just the wording

The point was just that people don’t seem to react as harshly to a ‘requirement’ as they do a ‘mandate’

I’m leaning more towards it wouldn’t have made a huge impact but who knows?

No one is being required to get the vaccine for just existing.

The only form of a vaccine mandate currently in place is tied to employment.

Yeah if that was the case you would see the government pushing for retired and homeless population being mandated to get vaccinated prior to any kind of assistance.

I get the line of thinking, but I doubt it really would have made any appreciable difference to use a different terminology given the factors at play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom