Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (2 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Don't make the assumption that one doesn't know what real discrimination looks like. I can speak on that topic more than I care to but not the place or the time. That being said, because I know what it looks like, I can point it out when I see it. Before any mandates, there were actions in place that were very obvious and they had little to do with public health:

-The attempt to return to normalcy last spring (before the Summer Delta wave) when the vaccinated got laxed restrictions why more scrutiny was placed on the unvaccinated
-The attempt to discredit anyone that had any objection to the vaccine, whether personally legitimate or not
-Remember the NFL's policy created on the assumption that the unvaccinated would be the cause of outbreak in the league (and the "punishments' that went with it)
-Villainizing the front line workers (many survived COVID) when they didn't get the vaccine and many people being vocal about their need to no longer earn a living
-Firing workers based on vax status (let's talk about how unvaccinated 100% remote workers would impact workplace safety)

In reality, this (sadly) hasn't been a matter of "public health" (in the eyes of the decision makers) for a long time. If that was the case, the CDC wouldn't have anything to worry about by being 100% transparent, would they? And because of that, many flags were planted on a hill of incomplete data.

You say you know discrimination, but then you typed all of that and called it discrimination.

You say you know discrimination, but then you typed all of that and called it discrimination.
Unless academia has attached a new or deeper meaning to the word, discrimination is and has always been the unjust, biased, prejudicial, and any other synonym you can think of treatment based off a person or persons being part of a group. I'm not talking about any law but what it actually is. I gave high level examples of the premise of that happening:

-Spring 2021 - Society "opened" back up for those who could provide proof of vaccination while those who were unvaccinated faced additional scrutiny to enter or outright banned (what is this called...it escapes me)
-NFL 2021 season - The COVID policy, as written, was set out to punish the unvaccinated for outbreaks, which didn't happen because the vaccinated were the ones bring COVID into the building. (wait, so the same result with a different outcome is OK to you, for reasons?)
-Many livelihoods were threatened and where I work at, career paths derailed because of vaccination status

But let's take step back; when has differential treatment of a person or persons who is part of a group or demographic not been discrimination?

Unless academia has attached a new or deeper meaning to the word, discrimination is and has always been the unjust, biased, prejudicial, and any other synonym you can think of treatment based off a person or persons being part of a group. I'm not talking about any law but what it actually is. I gave high level examples of the premise of that happening:

-Spring 2021 - Society "opened" back up for those who could provide proof of vaccination while those who were unvaccinated faced additional scrutiny to enter or outright banned (what is this called...it escapes me)
-NFL 2021 season - The COVID policy, as written, was set out to punish the unvaccinated for outbreaks, which didn't happen because the vaccinated were the ones bring COVID into the building. (wait, so the same result with a different outcome is OK to you, for reasons?)
-Many livelihoods were threatened and where I work at, career paths derailed because of vaccination status

But let's take step back; when has differential treatment of a person or persons who is part of a group or demographic not been discrimination?

I we are going to get pedantic, "no shoes, no shirt, no service" discriminates against people who choose not to wear shoes or shirts to eat at restaurants in a biased, unfair, and prejudicial manner, but it surely isn't the same as "no Jews allowed".

Speaking of restaurants, I take it you are against forcing restaurant employees who handle food to wash their hands after going to the bathroom. They can get fired for not doing so. Obvious discrimination against people who do not wash their hands.

I we are going to get pedantic, "no shoes, no shirt, no service" discriminates against people who choose not to wear shoes or shirts to eat at restaurants in a biased, unfair, and prejudicial manner, but it surely isn't the same as "no Jews allowed".

Speaking of restaurants, I take it you are against forcing restaurant employees who handle food to wash their hands after going to the bathroom. They can get fired for not doing so. Obvious discrimination against people who do not wash their hands.
Agreed. This pretty much sums up and destroys his entire argument. One cannot choose their skin color. One can
choose to make a medical decision to protect others.

Can't even remember which country or beach but I'll always remember this....No Shoes? No Shirt? No Problem!

I'm glad that you brought up the whole washing the hand thing because now you are speaking to what my point was actually about, as read in previous post. We know the actual benefit of washing your hands but what reason was there for any unvaccinated person to be treated any differently than the vaccinated? What reason would there be separate protocols for the vaccinated and the unvaccinated? In reality, all things were equal, with the exception of a shot that you wouldn't know I had unless I was forced to tell you. So if I was sick or not, you would refuse me service based on what and why? There was no just cause...

I'm glad that you brought up the whole washing the hand thing because now you are speaking to what my point was actually about, as read in previous post. We know the actual benefit of washing your hands but what reason was there for any unvaccinated person to be treated any differently than the vaccinated? What reason would there be separate protocols for the vaccinated and the unvaccinated? In reality, all things were equal, with the exception of a shot that you wouldn't know I had unless I was forced to tell you. So if I was sick or not, you would refuse me service based on what and why? There was no just cause...
No, washing hands versus skin color or religious views is not equal.

We are almost there. What is the actual benefit of food handlers in a restaurant washing their hands?

why did you choose to die on this hill

All of the examples provided were by private companies.

Unless it is against a protected class, private businesses are absolutely able to refuse service to anyone they choose for any reason.

Why would I, as a business owner not want you to come in unvaccinated and not wearing a mask? Doesn’t matter; my business. Do what I say or leave.

It is really that simple and it is those who are usually against the government stepping in that are trying to mandate a business not being able to make that decision for themselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom