Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (31 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
I was pretty fatigued this morning until I got some food in me and took a walk. It’s also possible I was just mildly hungover. The injection site soreness started earlier than shot 1, and is lasting longer, but isn’t anywhere near as intense.

As silly as it sounds, I'm actually somewhat glad I feel like crap today. Felt nothing after the first one and had convinced myself something didn't work right. Well, it's clearly working now.
I had the same thoughts yesterday while my head felt like it wanted to explode.

I was pretty fatigued this morning until I got some food in me and took a walk. It’s also possible I was just mildly hungover. The injection site soreness started earlier than shot 1, and is lasting longer, but isn’t anywhere near as intense.

I’ve been fine since. Grand scheme it was nothing for side effects, and may not have even 100% been the shot.
I’m also in the “I want side effects so I know it worked” camp though haha

This is interesting....research is showing that if you had covid previously the second shot may be irrelevant as the first shot is producing a much higher immune response than in those who never had covid. In fact, in many countries they have already stopped giving the 2nd dose out to those who were previously infected

LOL I think that our forum groupthink was leaning in that direction months ago

Did anyone here get vaccinated after previously catching COVID-19? I'm just curious if your immune system had stronger reactions to the shots and how bad the side effects were.

Yes. I had a very mild case of Covid and almost no response to the Moderna vaccine 1st round. My wife had it much worse than me and the other 2 people who caught it at the same time also had it worse. Both of them have experienced similar reactions to my wife's and both had the Moderna shot.

One of them has had 2 shots and the second one was more severe, but only lasted a few hours.

I guess I've been lucky and hope that my second shot next week is consistent in its minimal effects.

Day 1: mild soreness in the area of injection, mild to medium nausea
Day 2: much worse arm soreness, could hardly move it w/o feeling some pain. Nausea mostly gone, replaced by a feeling like I was worn down and about to catch a cold
Day 3: arm soreness almost gone, no nausea and I feel vastly better, the feeling that I was about to get a cold has gone away

I got the J&J a couple of weeks ago. Arm soreness for a week and woke up middle of night one the first day really cold (never get cold at night) but never experienced anything else. It was so mild I question if it could be effective. On top of J&J”s lower efficacy, it makes me feel a little uneasy. In three months or so I am thinking I may layer Moderna or Pfizer on top if scientists haven’t directly said not to do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom