Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (21 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Apparently had covid at some point last year, never felt sick once. Got the 1st Pfizer shot last week (had to drive 4 hours to get it). Second one is in 3 weeks. Just had a sore arm for about a day and feeling fine otherwise. We’ll see if the 2nd makes me feel worse like has been the case for many.

I got the J&J a couple of weeks ago. Arm soreness for a week and woke up middle of night one the first day really cold (never get cold at night) but never experienced anything else. It was so mild I question if it could be effective. On top of J&J”s lower efficacy, it makes me feel a little uneasy. In three months or so I am thinking I may layer Moderna or Pfizer on top if scientists haven’t directly said not to do it.

Maybe consider donating blood first. They'll be able to tell you antibody levels.

Maybe consider donating blood first. They'll be able to tell you antibody levels.

unfortunately I am not able to donate blood. Is the difference in vaccine efficacy about the amount of antibodies or the type of antibodies each shot generates?

Round 2 is definitely more aggressive.

Chills and fever started at bed time (1am). Bad enough that I wore pajama pants and needed an extra blanket to stop shivering.

Muscles feel like they wanted to cramp.

Very weak now. Feels like gravity is stronger. Lol.

Oh yeah, arm pain came back with a vengeance. My shoulder lied to me last night.

WOOHOO!

Colorado opened vaccines to everyone on Friday. My wife and I found a Walgreens that has the J&J vaccine. She’s getting hers on Monday, I’m getting it on Tuesday. I only wish we could get our 9yo vaccinated.

Most likely it won't work.

Can antibody tests determine if the COVID-19 vaccine was effective?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) discourages antibody testing for assessing immunity after getting the vaccine.

A vaccinated person is very likely to get a negative result from a serology test, even if the vaccine was successful and protective. That’s because different serology tests detect antibodies to different parts of the virus.

Some tests detect antibodies to the spike protein of the virus, which are produced in response to viral infection or the vaccine. Others detect antibodies to a different part of the virus called the nucleocapsid protein, which are produced in response to infection, but not by the current vaccines.

Most likely it won't work.

It depends which test you get.

Technically you’re correct. But the results are mixed enough that the CDC is not endorsing those tests as proof the vaccine worked. In light of that, I chose to say it won’t work. People shouldn’t assume the vaccine didn’t work because an antibody test was negative.

I get Pfizer #2 on Wednesday. I’m scheduled to give blood 2 weeks after. I’ll report back the results.

Red cross tests for anti-bodies,but this article doesn't say if a non vaccinated person would be notified. I've donated for many years. I do know this. If a donor tested positive for aids or hepatitis they'd get a call saying you need to see your physician. They wouldn't tell what they found and left that up to their personal doctor.

Technically you’re correct. But the results are mixed enough that the CDC is not endorsing those tests as proof the vaccine worked. In light of that, I chose to say it won’t work. People shouldn’t assume the vaccine didn’t work because an antibody test was negative.

I get Pfizer #2 on Wednesday. I’m scheduled to give blood 2 weeks after. I’ll report back the results.

I gave blood last week, about a month after my second dose. The tech asked me for all of the specifics (vaccine type, date of dose, etc.). So I assume they might test for the antibodies, or maybe not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom